31st December 2019, 09:46 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Military Academy on the basis of Diploma?

Sir, I want to join IMA. I have complete Matriculation followed by Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. So, now can I get into Indian Military Academy (IMA)? If not, then what should I do to join IMA?

2nd January 2020, 07:30 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Military Academy on the basis of Diploma?

You cannot join Indian Military Academy on the basis of 10th or diploma course.

To join Indian Military Academy, either you have to appear in NDA or CDS examination.

To join NDA, the candidate should have minimum qualification of 10 + 2 in physics, chemistry, mathematics and English as main subject from a recognised board.

To appear in CDS examination, the candidate should have minimum educational qualification of graduation from a recognised University.
2nd January 2020, 09:26 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Military Academy on the basis of Diploma?

No, after passing diploma you cannot apply for Indian Military Academy.
If you want to join Indian Military Academy then you have to pass graduation with any stream from a recognised University. After passing graduation with any stream you have to qualify the CDS exam.
CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .
Age limit for CDS exam is 19 to 24 years. There are three step of selection :-
Written exam
Interview
Medical test
You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in for more information about the CDS exam.
3rd January 2020, 01:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To join IMA candidates have to appear and qualify in CDS examination.

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 19-25 years. Examination is conducted in two stages.

So, you are not eligible to appear in the examination on the basis of diploma qualification.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th January 2020, 04:03 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

IMA stands for Indian Military Academy and to join it, you need to qualify CDS (Combined Defense Services) examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the CDS examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

So, being just a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering degree holder, you are not eligible to join IMA as per your educational qualification as diploma degree is not equivalent to a graduation degree course.

For more details and updates regarding CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
5th January 2020, 04:25 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

To join the Indian Military Academy you must clear the Combined Defence Services Exam.
The CDS is conducted by the UPSC every year.
A candidate can appear for the CDS exam only if:-
The candidate has completed graduation in any stream from a recognised institute.
The candidate must be within the age limit of 19 years to 24 years for applying for the IMA.
Yes, you are definitely eligible to apply for the IMA as you satisfy both the Criterion.
You can also visit http://upsc.gov.in for more information about CDS exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?