23rd June 2012, 08:32 PM
Lavanya Thanya

Is it possible to become lecturer in private college? I belong to SC community

Hello Sir/Madam,

I am Bcom, MBA (Marketing). Now only i am planning to write SLET/NET. If i pass SLET/NET, is it is possible for me to become lecturer in private colleges. Is MPhil is neccesary. I belong to SC community and 35yrs. How about the opportunity in Govt colleges. Please guide.

Related Questions:
  1. Can community be changed from BC to SC in Higher Secondary?
  2. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  3. Am I eligible for lecturer in computer science in private college of Poytechnic?
  4. Can I get a seat in private medical college in Tamilnadu after scoring 195.75 medical cutoff
  5. How to do lecturer job in government polytechnic college or private college after completing B.E ECE
  6. Can I become a Lecturer if completed Post Graduation through correspondence? -- [New]
  7. List of competitive exams after B.Com and M.Com to become a lecturer in private or government college?
  8. Qualifications required to become a lecturer in any private college recognized by government university?
  9. What is the salary scale of lecturer in private engineering colleges?
  10. How to join in lecturer in government polytechnic college after completing MSc Applied Electronics
  11. Will I get MBBS seat in government or private medical college(Govt Quota) after scoring 197.5 cutoff in Tamilnadu MBBS under BC community?
  12. List of all center ministers who belong to SC/ST community?
  13. Which medical college will I get after scoring 198.25 cutoff marks? I belong to MBC community
  14. Which college will I get after scoring 197.5 cutoff? I belong to BC community
  15. Will I get a seat in top 5 engineering college in Tamilnadu? I have 198 cutoff marks and I belong to OC community
  16. Which college will I get after scoring 195.25 engineering cutoff? I am from BC community
  17. Which medical college will I get after scoring 195.5 cutoff? I belong to BCM community
  18. What are the career options with M.sc maths (50%)? Eligibility to become a lecturer after MSc Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
15th October 2015, 02:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become lecturer in private college? I belong to SC community

Yes, you can become lecturer in government as well as private college after clearing the National Eligibility Test. NET is conducted in December and June every year for the lectureship as well as Junior Research Fellowship.

The academic requirement for the NET exam is that candidate must have scored at least 55% marks in general category and 50% for SC/ST candidates.

There is no upper age limit for the candidates of any category for the lectureship. You can also appear for the State Eligibility test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?