3rd October 2012, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to clear MBA CAT entrance exam without coaching?

is it posssible to clear mba cat entrance exam without coaching and just with preparation of 4 months?

3rd October 2012, 07:35 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to clear MBA CAT entrance exam without coaching?

It is definitely possible to pass any entrance exam without having to take coaching classes. Common Admission Test is no exception. You can certainly prepare for the exam on your own and do well in it.

Common Admission Test is one of the popular test for MBA admission. It is taken by the students who are interested in completing MBA from Indian Institute of Management. The requirement to appear for CAT exam is:

1. A graduation degree from a recognized university.

2. A minimum of 50 percent marks in graduation.

3. In case of SC/ST only 45 percent marks are required.

I always believe that you need at least 6 months to get yourself fully prepared for a exam. Therefore 4 months is little short. But saying that you can still prepare for the exam and do well in it. All you need to do is following the following steps properly.

1. You should remember that CAT is a pseudo standardised test which means it is impossible to predict the exam pattern as you can do in some other exams like the GRE.

2. The best to see how you fare out is by taking mock tests. You should take such tests every few days while preparing for the CAT. In case you are not scoring well, don't panic. It is quite common at the beginning. Instead look of the areas where you are not performing well and try to improve.

3. The entire idea of taking mock tests and test at home is to ensure that you are not repeating any mistake. Take at least 2 tests per week to evaluate your performance.

4. It is important to get your basic preparation done. Most CAT questions are not to check in depth knowledge but fundamentals. Therefore try to complete basic preparation as early as possible.

5. You should work on your English. Read newspapers, watch English shows and try to communicate with your family and friends in English. Please remember that good command over English is very important for CAT.

6. On the big day, after receiving the question paper first do a complete scan to find out easy questions. Your first importance should be to clear all the easy questions and them solve difficult questions.

7. Time Management is very important in CAT. You will have to plan a strategy for it during the preparing period. The strategy has to be planned by experimenting with the mock tests. Also during the exam do not waste a lot of time on one of two questions.
18th December 2012, 07:35 PM
gauravhere4u

Yes it's possible to clear MBA without coaching. My friend have done it while doing btech.

I would suggest
- read number of books to increase vocabulary and verbal skills
- try to solve the previous years question papers
- grasp fundamentals clearly
- starting for the exam preparation well in advance is very much important
- read good magazines and novels and try to get information on current affairs
- look for good CAT coaching institutions if you feel it's required
- plan before trying previous year papers and try to measure your performance in every attempt
- look for numerous online cat assessment tools which takes up mock tests and give you your performance report

Some good books-
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by DINESH KHATTAR
- Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT and Other MBA Entrance Exam - Thorpes
- Wren and Marten

source: http://inspiringbeans.com/cat/
or
inspiringbeans[dot]com/cat/
19th January 2013, 01:34 AM
Unregistered

I m doning my graduation with english litrature.is it possible for me to pass the CAT entrance?
28th February 2013, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

I am doing ca and i cleared ipcc both group and i am in SYBcom i want to give CAT Exam before TYBcom exam can i give if yes than how to register for CAT Exam
28th February 2013, 09:29 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
yes dear, it is possible to get a very good percentile without any kind of coaching for CAT. Because the course of the CAT is not difficult, you just need more and more practice so that you can become a pro in writing solutions at a very short period of time. You can order the study material from any of the leading coaching institutes, and after that all you need to do is practice for all the questions of the material.
Joining a test series of an all india level will also help
Gud luck
22nd July 2014, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to clear mba cat enterance exam without any coaching?
may i crack this exam if i prepare at home????
13th April 2015, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

how to prepare cat exam. and which is the subject of cat .
14th April 2016, 12:52 PM
deepikajjain

Its totally depends upon your practice, If you do proper practice of all topic you can clear CAT. But coaching classes gives you some tips and guidelines which helps to preparation.
28th March 2017, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

I'm in 2nd year b.com is it necessary to join coaching in month of January or I can join in month of july. In 2018 I'm giving my final year exam please suggest me
30th March 2017, 12:09 AM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in 2nd year b.com is it necessary to join coaching in month of January or I can join in month of july. In 2018 I'm giving my final year exam please suggest me
If you are giving your Final year BCOM exam in July 2018 and wants to appear in CAT 2018, than you should enrol for CAT coaching from july 2017 only.
CAT exams would be held by the end of 2017 or early 2018

So you CAT exams preparations should start just after passing second year of BCOM exams
5th July 2018, 08:31 AM
prabhaguptaedu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
is it posssible to clear mba cat entrance exam without coaching and just with preparation of 4 months?
Yes !! it is possible to crack CAT exam without any coaching. You can prepare for CAT exam with the help of sample paper & previous year question paper which is available at AglaSem
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?