26th June 2013, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D through correspondence after completing PG with 62% marks

Dear Sir,
I Have Completed My P G With 62% Marks I Want Know Is It Possible To Do Ph.d Through Correspondence.
Sir My Email Id Is [email protected]. Plz Help Me

Related Questions:
  1. Can I do Ph.D through correspondence after completing masters in English with 60% marks
  2. Recognised university for correspondence M.Phil/PhD in English?
  3. Doubts regarding correspondence PhD
  4. Can I do PhD after Masters from Correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
  6. PhD after MCA (correspondence) is possible? Can I go for BioInformatic as my PhD topic?
  7. Studying Ph.D from correspondence university like CMJ University, Shillong is valuable for M.Sc Biotechnology student? List of the correspondence universities for Ph.D?
  8. Can I do PhD in Hotel Management? Universities offering PhD as correspondence?
  9. Am I eligible to pursue Ph.D course through correspondence from IGNOU? I have 49.6% marks in M.Com
  10. How can I apply for Ph.D at Chaudhary Charan Singh University? Whether the university is correspondence? Whether PhD at this university irregular or correspondence course?
  11. Universities in Chennai offering Ph.D with correspondence after MCA?
  12. Correspondence PhD in Chemistry is available in Gujarat?
  13. Am I eligible for PhD in Computer Science through correspondence after PGDBM? Which universities offer this course? -- [New]
  14. Information about CMJ University for Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? List of the correspondence UGC recognized universities who offers Ph.D in Biotechnology programme? Is it worthy to do Ph.D through correspondence?
  15. How may I do Ph.D without giving any entrance exam? List of institutions offering such course through correspondence? Is this available online?
  16. Should I do PhD in correspondence if done M.Sc correspondence? Good colleges in Delhi and requirement for admission?
  17. Procedure to join Ph.D course after completion of M.Com course?
  18. Integrated PhD has more value than PhD done after M.Sc? Duration of course and good universities for it?
25th July 2014, 12:18 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D through correspondence after completing PG with 62% marks

Candidate who complete their masters degree with minimum 55 per cent. You also need to complete UGC Net exam. At some universities, they conduct written tests along with interview. You also need to submit a thesis synopsis with the guide. For Ph.d, going by the UGC rules, candidates has to clear entrance exam like NET and then an interview for getting admitted to Ph.D program. As part of the curriculum, student needs to complete course work for requisite credits. You also need to complete the credits through coursework, a formal proposal of synopsis devised with consultation of the guide. For engineers and doctors, some universities allow exception to this rule and can directly seek admission.
The minimum qualification needed for the appointment of lecturer/assistant professor is NET/SLET. Anyone with the PhD degree as per the University Grants Commission Regulations will be exempted from the NET/SLET exam. So, if you have cleared all or any one of the tests makes you eligible for the job. First of all, you need to finish the PH.D to seek a job.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?