18th January 2019, 08:32 PM
Mamnaaaaaa

Is it possible to give the IELTS test after 10th? What is the validity of IELTS results?

I have completed my 10th board exams and now wants to appear for IELTS exam to study in Canada. I will apply for Canadian universities after passing my 12th only but can I appear for IELTS exam now? Will the result be valid till I apply for colleges in Canada after 12th?

10th March 2020, 03:17 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to give the IELTS test after 10th? What is the validity of IELTS results?

IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is conducted to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study and work in foreign countries where english is the language of communication and instruction. IELTS is widely accepted in UK, Canada, New Zealand, Australia etc. If you turn 16, then you can appear for IELTS. IELTS score is valid for two years from the date of exam.

Eligibility for IELTS
- Your age must be at least 16 years.
- You must have valid passport.

IELTS Exam Pattern

Listening
- You will have to answer different type of 40 questions.
- Duration : 30 Minutes

Reading
- You will have to answer different type of 40 questions.
- Duration : 30 Minutes

Writing
- This section includes two questions in which candidates will have to write short essays of minimum 250 words.
- Duration : 60 Minutes

Speaking
- Candidates have to go through face to face interview.
- Duration : 11 to 14 Minutes

IELTS Exam Dates
- IELTS exam is conducted throughout the year. So, you can register and appear for IELTS anytime throughout the year as per your flexibility and convenience.
- Mostly IELTS is conducted on Saturday and Thursday.

Best Preparation Books for IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Cambridge IELTS 13 Academic Student's Book with Answers
- Official IELTS Practice Materials
- Target Band 7 : IELTS Academic Module
27th December 2021, 01:42 PM
sainrishab

Default Re: Is it possible to give the IELTS test after 10th? What is the validity of IELTS results?

The IELTS score is valid for 2 years as soon as you obtain your IELTS results. The validity period starts from the date of your examination. Yes, after the tenth standard, one can take the IELTS test to continue studying. It has established itself as a global leader in higher education. It is recognized by all universities in UK*and Australia.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?