26th February 2012, 10:15 AM
Unregistered

Is this possible for me to attempt UPSC Exams pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

Is it possoble to attempt upsc examz 2012 ,iam doing my b.tech 3rd year 2nd sem...?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply in UPSC exam if pursuing B.Tech(Computer Science Engineering) 3rd year?
  2. What exams I can give to take admission in various MBA programs pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech?
  3. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  4. How should I get into ISRO pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE and having good academic result in 10th and 12th class? When will be the Exam conducted for this? Whey ISRO will take B.Tech students?
  5. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  6. How should I prepare for UPSC Preliminary Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of BA course?
  7. What exam to answer for Railway Job while in B.Tech 3rd year?
  8. How can I prepare to crack UPSC exams if pursuing B.E. 1st year? Procedure to apply and suitable books to prepare for UPSC exams? -- [New]
  9. How can I prepare for Placements being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  10. Required Percentage of Marks to apply for Indian Navy being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE?
  11. How to get a job in railway? I am pursuing B>E 3rd year EEE
  12. What are the exams a btech 3rd yr student can attend? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Organisations for summer training in research projects for btech 3rd year students?
  14. Can I give UPSC Exam being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year B.Tech with CSE? How to prepare for this Exam?
  15. Exams after B.E. in mechanical engineering? Can I appear for IES?
  16. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  17. Which subjects should I choose for Civils pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  18. Am I eligible to give CDSE Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
26th February 2012, 12:08 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is this possible for me to attempt UPSC Exams pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.Under UPSC their are many entrance exams.Among them their are some entrance exam,which requires minimum graduation course,that are
>>Civil Service Exam
>>Indian Engineering Service Exam
>>Indian Forest Service Exam

To appear for this exams,you should have minimum completed or appearing for final exam of B.Tech/any graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university and your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

You can apply for this above exams,when you are in 4th Year,2nd Semester.

For more details,see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Engg2011_ENG.pdf(143.4 KB, 86 views)
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 75 views)
File Type: pdf IFS.pdf(181.4 KB, 70 views)
26th February 2012, 12:09 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is this possible for me to attempt UPSC Exams pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission. UPSC is an official body which will conduct variety of entrance exams by cracking which the candidates have a scope to be placed in various public services.

On the basis of your B.Tech academic qualification, you can appear for the following UPSC Exams.

-IES (Indian Engineering Services) Exam to be placed in various Engineering services all over India.
-CSAT Exam and then civil services main exam followed by Interview to be placed in various civil services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.
-CDS (Combined Defence Services) Exam to be placed in various Defence services like Navy, Air Force etc.
-IFS Exam to join in Forest Service of India.

For all the UPSC Exams which are having Graduation as the minimum eligibility criteria, the candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation are eligible.

But the candidates who are pursuing pre final year of Graduation course are not eligible to appear for UPSC Exams.

As per this criteria, you are not eligible to take up UPSC Exams this year and you can apply for UPSC Exams in the next year of your B.Tech course.

Don't blindly apply and apepar for all the UPSC Exams. Decide upon the one particular exam and have thorough preparation to that.

The competition for UPSC Exams always high.

Just make a note of it. If you have taken UPSC Exam in the final year of your B.Tech course, you should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when you appear for Interview.

To know the updated information regarding various UPSC Exams, you can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
26th February 2012, 12:15 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Is it possoble to attempt upsc examz 2012 ,iam doing my b.tech 3rd year 2nd sem...?
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S/I.P.S exam while pursing 3rd year of engineering..

If you want you can apply in final year..
OR After Engineering you can apply for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
26th February 2012, 12:18 PM
wardme

Thumbs up Re: Is this possible for me to attempt UPSC Exams pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes it is Possible for you to appear in the UPSC exam 2012 All you have to do is Visiting your Nearest UPSC office and Fill up the form or ask for more detail from them or the staff of the UPSC
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?