27th November 2011, 08:11 PM
Mr.sheerdil

Post graduation after PGDCA? Should I go for MCA or else?

Hi to all. I am 23 yrs old due to some problem my 2 yrs of study was wasted, but now I am doing PGDCA from Punjab Uni and I have done BA from Vinayaka Mission Uni(correspondence). I am interested in IT field, i have also done CCNA and diploma in Ethical hacking. I cant decide what to do now?. Pls advice me should i go for MCA via AIMCET, OCET,etc exams or something else?
Age is also 1 of my concern as by this age I think one should be settled.

7th December 2011, 11:01 PM
Mr.sheerdil

Default Re: Post graduation after PGDCA? Should I go for MCA or else?

no reply for many days......can someone help!!
8th December 2011, 01:31 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

As per your problem The first thing which you should keep in mind that the 2 years which have been wasted due to some problem should not be counted in future as that will simply make you depressed & can prove a great hindrance too in the selection of your future career.

Now coming to your qualifications then it is very good to know that you are already a graduate one & have a BA degree which means that you can easily appear for any exam of job too which one can give after their graduation degree if HE wishes to do so.

And about your PGDCA- PGDCA means Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Applications. It is a course in India for graduate students interested in Computer applications. This course was started for people to learn computer applications in different fields like banking, insurance and accounting.So after finish your PGDCA you can do the courses as under-

MCA (Master Of Computer Application)
MBA (Master Of Business Administration)

But as you are interested in IT field,then it is advisable to you to join MNCs for better package and growth opportunities as after becoming a self-dependent one you can get any degree you want because as more you are delaying your job profile then it will be most difficult for you to get the good post.

Though 23 is not a very old one that one should be treated it as an age to be settled but each person has its own family criteria to decide upon HIS job profile.So if you too think so then definitely search a job otherwise go for the MCA which you have already decided to be done.
9th December 2011, 01:05 AM
Mr.sheerdil

Thanks for replying.

Yes I think i should forget the previous gap, that really is making some bad effects on me, now I am thinking of going for MCA or MSc(IT).

Actually yes I want to be self-dependent, I think for that I can do free lancing(can you suggest me something in this regard also).

One more thing I want my job profile to be IT security, after MCA or MSc(IT) will my profile change as these are basically software developing profiles. I am much more interested in certifications like CCNA, RHCE, CEH and CISSP and these are my goals which I want to achieve.

But its so confusing, can't find the correct path.

I don't want to waste any more time, any wrong step now can cost really big to me.
13th March 2012, 01:55 AM

If you have interest in IT you can do web designing course. You are from art background so it will be difficult for you to get Job after MCA. You have done PGDCA which will help you.

If you do web designing, animation course and if you have talent and if you are hardworking i am sure one day you will get good salary.

Best of luck !!!
7th April 2012, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

CAN I DO MCA AFTER GRADUATION WITH PGDCA?
29th June 2012, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

can i do msc it from eiilm university is it UGC APPROVED
25th August 2012, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

can i do pgdca after graduation b.sc non medical
29th November 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

I have done pgdca now I am planing for MCA can I DO PLZ SIR TELL ME SOME THING ABOUT THIS PLZ
18th July 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

I have complited B.A in 2004 with second division after that completed bombey art in2008 after that pgdca completed I want a good and safe job so what I do ya any course
31st July 2013, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

I hav done B.A thn wht should i do M.A. or PGDCA. Which is best course these days. Pls tell me soon . Thanks.
16th August 2013, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

can i find job after pgdca ..i have done it.,..now m searching for job...i reside in mp
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?