21st June 2011, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to appear for Civil Exam? Books to be referred for the exam?

hello sir/mam,
i'm a B.Pharm graduate...i wanted to appear for the next civils exam..please help me out in knowing the complete procedure for the exam and the qualification required for writing the exam and please even let me know the books to be refered for the exam and any other necessary information....will be very thankful for the guidance

25th August 2011, 07:57 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to appear for Civil Exam? Books to be referred for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir/mam,
i'm a B.Pharm graduate...i wanted to appear for the next civils exam..please help me out in knowing the complete procedure for the exam and the qualification required for writing the exam and please even let me know the books to be refered for the exam and any other necessary information....will be very thankful for the guidance
Hi
Great to hear the interest to appear in civil's exam after completing your graduation in B.Pharma.
I'll be happy to inform you the details about the procedure what I'm aware of.

Okay first of All I want to tell you about Civil services.
about what is civil service?
answer for this is civil service is a service which is done in favor of General public without any personal benefits.
for example like passing Jan Lok pal bill with respect to public interest. if Mr.PM does this it is called as the great civil service done by him.

Not only PM everybody who are recruited to do a particular service without any personal benefits are known as civil servants right from Municipality Sweeper to the top post like Chief Secretary of the state are called Civil Servants.

the top most civil services are Indian Administrative service famously called as IAS

next Indian Police service called as IPS.

next indian foreign service called as IFS

like these there are total 24 civil services which are called unitedly Indian Civil services.

to recruit the personnel into the positions there is a governing body which does the same i.e., nothing but UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

This government body only conducts exam called civil service examination in which there will be heavy competition every year.

the exam for these recruitment is done in three level pattern.
all the students or aspirants have to clear the three level in order to become a civil servant
the Civil service examination is called in many ways like
Civils exam
IAS Exam
IPS Exam etc.,
but its actual name is Civil Service exam.
The qualifications required to attempt this exam is a degree from a recognized University of India
also you should have 21 years of minimum age.

The notification will get released in January then you have to apply for the same if you have eligibility criteria.

This is all about your query

if you want the official info then just Click Here to log on to official web site of UPSC.

all the best for your preparation

Regards

~AdityA~
25th August 2011, 08:19 PM
Sehwag6

Default Re: Procedure to appear for Civil Exam? Books to be referred for the exam?

eligibility for civil exams:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream.

**age limit is 21 to 30 years.

**then apply union public service commission

**it conducts every year

**it has prelims and mains exams

prepare well

all the best
18th November 2011, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to appear for Civil Exam? Books to be referred for the exam?

I am a B.D.S. graduate and just want to know how to appear for civil cervice exam in 2012 and i ll be thankful to you if you let me know the syllabus
19th November 2011, 05:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

DETAILS ABOUT CIVIL SERVICE EXAM

Civil service exam exam conducted by UPSC.There is no marks criteria.Only graduate are applicable for you.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:

Candidate should have minimum graduation degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE CRITERIA:

For General category candidate,age should be between 21 to 27 years
For OBC category candidates age should be between 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST category candidates age should be between 21 to 35 years.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
4 attempts for General category candidates
7 attempts for OBC category candidates
Unlimited attempts for sc/st category candidates

For more details & updated information visit www.upsc.gov.in

BEST BOOKS FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING

14th November 2012, 10:30 AM
Unregistered

now i am studying b.tech 2nd year in the stream of cse when i have to write the exam
directly i can write civil service or to write that exam before i have to write any exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?