30th March 2011, 11:21 AM

Procedure and date for CAT exam?

How to apply CAT Exam? What is the procedure for that.When will be the exam?Give me all the details about CAT 2011.

30th March 2011, 07:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and date for CAT exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
How to apply CAT Exam? What is the procedure for that.When will be the exam?Give me all the details about CAT 2011.

To Apply For CAT Examination, You Must Hold A Bachelor’s Degree, With At Least 50% Marks Or Equivalent CGPA From Recognised University.

And Candidates Appearing For The Final Year of bachelor Degree Examination And Those Who Have Completed Degree Requirements And Are Awaiting For Results Can Also Apply.

The Notification Of CAT 2011-2012, Was Not Yet Declared, I Think The Notification Was Declared In the Month Of August. But, You Can Check The Tenetative Dates -

Important Dates (Previous Dates) -

Sale of CAT Vouchers - Monday, 30 August 2010 - Monday, 4 October 2010

Registration for CAT 2010 - Monday, 30 August 2010 - Thursday, 7 October 2010

CAT Test Dates - Wednesday, 27 October 2010 - Wednesday, 24 November 2010

CAT Result - Wednesday 12 January 2011.

And For Complete Information, Please Visit The Official Website Of CAT -

http://www.catiim.in
30th March 2011, 07:37 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Common Admission Test (CAT) exam is conducted to intake students for Management field.

Eligibility criteria to apply for CAT exam:
  • Graduation in any stream(candidate can even apply while appearing for final semester exam)
  • Minimum 50% is required
And this year notification has not released yet,i hope it will be releasing in the month of August first week.

And exam will be held in the month December.

Visit this website for more information:

http://www.catiim.in
30th March 2011, 08:06 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Lightbulb Re: Procedure and date for CAT exam?

Dear friend ,

Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance exam for admission to post graduate management courses in all the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs) and various other management institutes.

Eligibility criteria:

For general candidates: A candidate should have got atleast 50% or equivalent CGPA in Graduation.

For SC/ST candidates: A candidate should have got atleast 45% or equivalent CGPA in Graduation.

Final year candidates who will complete their gradudation in 2011 can also apply.

CAT 2011-2012 exam date has not been Announced yet.

For more details you may visit-

http://www.catiim.in/

Good day!!!!!!!!
30th March 2011, 08:52 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Sale of CAT Vouchers - August 2011 - October 2011

Registration for CAT 2010 - August 2011 - October 2011

CAT Test Dates - October 2011 - November 2011

The CAT forms will be available in all leading branches of AXIS BANK all over the country. The cost of the voucher will be around Rs. 1500.
Purchase The voucher and fill the forms online.
Book you date with CAT

ALL THE BEST
30th March 2011, 09:45 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Eligiblity criteria to be eligible for CAT examination is to be graduate in any of the stream from any of the recognised university. Final year appearing students are also eligible for the same.
31st March 2011, 04:17 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Procedure and date for CAT exam?

Quote:
Procedure for CAT examination

CAT examination is conducted every year for the MBA entrance in top colleges of India.
Candidate should have a bachelor degree with at least 50% marks to apply for thhis examination.
Candidate appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for the CAT examination.

Date Of CAT exams
The important dates for CAT 2011 is

Exam Date: 27th October 2011 to 24th November 2011
Starting date CAT Vocture Sale: 30 August 2011
Last Date of CAT vocture Sale: 4th October 2011

For more information visit the CAT web site
www.catiim.in
31st March 2011, 05:20 PM
sumit9897gaur

CAT 2010 – 2011 Application Procedure :

You have to apply Online through the official website. You have to first get the application voucher by paying the application fee in the indicated bank branch. The challan no. is used while filling the form online.

CAT 2010 – 2011 Important Dates :

Application fee submission dates – from End of August to End of September
Tentative date of examination – end of September

CAT 2010 – 2011 Eligibility Criteria :

You must have done graduation in any stream from a recognized university with at least 50% aggregate marks. Those who giving final year examination in the year of CAT can also apply for this.

CAT 2010 – 2011 Exam Pattern :

This is a computerized test where you have to give the exam on computer at the designated centers. The test will take place for 10 consecutive dates. These dates are different for different students and each day, there will be different sets of questions.
The test is of 2 hrs duration. Each correct answer will be awarded 1 or 2 marks & for each wrong answer, 1/3rd mark will be deducted. The questions are on Verbal ability, Data interpretation & reasoning and Quantitative ability.
31st March 2011, 05:30 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

See friend every year Indian Institute of Management(IIM) organize CAT examination in the month of November or December.The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in bachelor degree.
Besides this, the candidates should have a great knowledge in different kinds of aptitude.

good luck.
31st March 2011, 05:33 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

See friend every year Indian Institute of Management(IIM) organize CAT examination in the month of November or December.The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in bachelor degree.
Besides this, the candidates should have a great knowledge in different kinds of aptitude.

good luck.
31st March 2011, 11:03 PM
asishkumar

hello....

Eligibility criteria to apply for CAT exam:

Graduation in any stream(candidate can even apply while appearing for final semester exam)
Minimum 50% is required

And this year notification has not released yet,i hope it will be releasing in the month of August first week.And exam will be held in the mid of December.
31st May 2011, 06:03 PM
sagar mansukhani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohit Vashisht View Post
Eligiblity criteria to be eligible for CAT examination is to be graduate in any of the stream from any of the recognised university. Final year appearing students are also eligible for the same.

QUESTION.........

i'm graduate from commerce faculty and i have given 4 attempts to clear after my results i'm still not able to cross 45 percent or 50 % do you have any idea if i can give CAT or any other course for mba entrance.....??????? if i'm just a graduate and my percentage is just pass class.

u can email me at [email protected]
24th July 2011, 08:57 PM
amisha rath

hii...

1 . the competition between CAT aspirants is very tough for IIMs and the other reputed institutes.

2. CAT aspirants often start preparing for CAT almost one year in advance and prepare themselves by joining various specialized coaching institutes like Career Launcher, TIME, IMS etc.

3.Notification Issue Date in August
CAT Exam Dates - October to November
CAT 2011 Registration dates - August to September
as expected form seeing previous records.

4.A CAT aspirant have to obtain CAT 2011 voucher from any of the branches of Axis Bank or You can only buy one CAT 2011 Voucher irrespective of the number of B-schools you are applying to.

5 . After purchasing the CAT Voucher, you must log on to the website www.catiim.in to register for CAT .

6.The CAT 2011 test fees is Rs.1400 for general candidates and Rs.700 for SC and ST candidates.

7. CAT 2011 will be held across 33 centres across India. You can choose any 1 centre according to your convenience.

8.Once the CAT results are out, the short-listed candidates will be called for Discussion GD and PI by different IIMs.

9.The CAT score will remain valid for admission to PGPs of IIMs only for one year.

10. A CAT aspirant must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Persons with Disability (PWD) category) from any recognized University of India.

11.CAT is usually a two hour fifteen minutes test (2 hrs 15 mins.), comprising of three sections- QA,VA & DI.

12.A good percentile in CAT is just the first step towards seeking admission in the IIMs and other B-Schools-GD/PI as is commonly known is equally important.

13.Personal Interview for CAT and IIMs is the final key to secure your place in the IIMs.
24th July 2011, 08:58 PM
amisha rath

hii...

1 . the competition between CAT aspirants is very tough for IIMs and the other reputed institutes.

2. CAT aspirants often start preparing for CAT almost one year in advance and prepare themselves by joining various specialized coaching institutes like Career Launcher, TIME, IMS etc.

3.Notification Issue Date in August
CAT Exam Dates - October to November
CAT 2011 Registration dates - August to September
as expected form seeing previous records.

4.A CAT aspirant have to obtain CAT 2011 voucher from any of the branches of Axis Bank or You can only buy one CAT 2011 Voucher irrespective of the number of B-schools you are applying to.

5 . After purchasing the CAT Voucher, you must log on to the website www.catiim.in to register for CAT .

6.The CAT 2011 test fees is Rs.1400 for general candidates and Rs.700 for SC and ST candidates.

7. CAT 2011 will be held across 33 centres across India. You can choose any 1 centre according to your convenience.

8.Once the CAT results are out, the short-listed candidates will be called for Discussion GD and PI by different IIMs.

9.The CAT score will remain valid for admission to PGPs of IIMs only for one year.

10. A CAT aspirant must hold a Bachelor's Degree with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) or Persons with Disability (PWD) category) from any recognized University of India.

11.CAT is usually a two hour fifteen minutes test (2 hrs 15 mins.), comprising of three sections- QA,VA & DI.

12.A good percentile in CAT is just the first step towards seeking admission in the IIMs and other B-Schools-GD/PI as is commonly known is equally important.

13.Personal Interview for CAT and IIMs is the final key to secure your place in the IIMs.
6th August 2011, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

I have one back paper but still i have 50% can i appear for CAT examinations
9th September 2011, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Procedure and date for CAT exam?

Quote:
CAT - Common Admission Test

CAT is one of the entrance exam for doing in MBA in reputed colleges.

This exam is conducted every year.

Important Dates for CAT :

Sale of CAT Vouchers:17.08.2011 - 26.09.2011

Registration for CAT 2011: 17.08.2011 -28.09.2011

CAT Test Dates: 22.10.2011 -18.11.2011

For doing this course you need to have done a bachelor degree from a recognized university with 50% aggregate.
21st September 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

how many times a person can write cat exam in his life span?
24th September 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

From where i can buy cat form and what is the last date of submission the form and when test going to occur
2nd October 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

what should be the minimum and maximum age to do cat exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?