23rd March 2014, 09:26 AM
Mitali1100

Procedure to get admission in universities of USA after doing BSc Biotech from India

What is the procedure for getting admission in universities of USA after doing BSc(hons.) BioTech. From India

Related Questions:
  1. Best universities in India for MSc Biotech and Biochemistry? What is the fee structure and the entrance procedure?
  2. What is the procedure to take admission in G.E? I am a BSc Biotech final year student
  3. Best Universities in India offering M.Sc in Biotechnology and Biochemistry? Fee structure for these courses and the procedure to get admission?
  4. Which are the available fields in MSc after BSc Biochem? Which courses can I do after BSc Biochem other than MSc Biotech or Biotech? Best universities for the particular course?
  5. What is the procedure of taking admission Masters in Biotechnology in USA?
  6. Which are the further courses after BSc Biotech and MBA Biotech? Universities offering the courses? Is it better to do from India or Abroad?
  7. Can I join MSc Biotech correspondence course after passing BSc? Which are the open universities offering this course? Procedure for admission?
  8. How to do to USA after completing BSc Biotech?
  9. Eligibility for MS in USA and Universities of USA for Biotech?
  10. Top universities in India offering masters program in Biotech? Criteria for admission for the course?
  11. Which are the universities offering M.Tech in food tech in India? I am a final year student of B.Tech Biotech
  12. List of government and private colleges for Pharma.D, B.Pharma and BSc Biotech? What is the admission procedure and fee structure of the colleges? What is the eligibility criteria? Am I applicable for B.E Biotech if my subject in 12th was Biology? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Procedure to get admission for M.Sc Agri Biotech after completion of B.Sc in Agri Biotech?
  14. Can I do MDS(oral and Maxillofacial Surgery) in USA after finishing BDS degree in India? Procedure to apply for it and the universities in USA offering the program?
  15. What are the options available after B.Tech Biotech? List of good universities offering M.Tech Biotech in India?
  16. Are there any USA CFA exam centers in India? How to get admission in USA CFA? Procedure for registration and fee structure?
  17. Admission procedure in DU for BSc Biotech?
  18. Are Indian students not treated well in USA or UK countries?
11th June 2015, 04:35 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in universities of USA after doing BSc Biotech from India

can i join ms biotechnology in US with completion of bsc biochemistry(india) 1 year diploma in correspondance
12th June 2015, 07:54 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in universities of USA after doing BSc Biotech from India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitali1100 View Post
What is the procedure for getting admission in universities of USA after doing BSc(hons.) BioTech. From India
Its like a dream for anyone to get a degree in the US. Also because the universities there offers the scope and better faculty which helps us to get familiar with our courses more deeply and on a personal and intimate level. The US universities in particular are known for their flexibility and gives the student a global exposure. So it should not be a tough task for you to do your post graduation there if you can go step by step.

First and foremostly make a list of the universities that matches your background. For this I would suggest you to do a thorough research on the universities of your choice. Now there will be the academic panel in every university who needs to be convinced properly as to why they should choose you. In such a situation an application package comes in handy.

Then unlike the colleges here the ones in the USA follows a very strict procedure while choosing candidates. So you need to have scores and recommendations that convince them that you are capable of being a very good student in the university.

Moreover the tuition fees in the universities abroad are quite high and depending on the place you have decided to stay, the fooding and lodging cost will vary accordingly. So the following financial assistantship can be looked for:-
  • Scholarships from external agencies
  • Fellowships
  • Research Assistantships
  • Teaching Assistantships
  • Tuition Fee-Waiver
Then you have to decide the aptitude exam you are going to sit for. Not all universities accepts the score of a particular exam. So that too needs to be found out in an advance. But these are the exams which are popular among students planning to go to the States- GRE, TOEFL, AGRE, TSE, TWE scores.

But a good TOEFL or GRE score is not enough to guarantee a good university as mentioned above as there are lots of other things that are looked into by the universities too like- Reputation of the college where you studied before, Number of projects you did and its quality, Number of recommendations, Your work experience, Extra-curricular activities and so on.

So whatever plan you choose to adapt , my suggestion would be that dont hurry into things. Rather try and make a fool proof plan and try and implement the plans properly. Give more stress on choosing the right university too as this is where the most students falters.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?