12th February 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Procedure of joining Indian Army and Indian Navy?

how i am find out army and navy jops?and how i join?

15th February 2011, 04:16 PM
aryabhatta

Default Re: Procedure of joining Indian Army and Indian Navy?

dear

after 12th you will have to appear in NDA exam if you qualify that then you will be called for medical in that you will have to fill the choices that which wing you want to go in that you can fill your choices after that a 6 months training will be given to you after that you will be a officer in indian army
15th February 2011, 08:49 PM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello....Its good that you want to serve the country.The eligibility criteria for joining in army and navy is that you need to have minimum of 10+2 certificate or equivalent to it.You must have studies Physics and maths in your 10+2 examination.You can appear for NDA exam after 12th and CDS exam after your graduation.It is an exam conducted by UPSC board which is held twice a year.
15th February 2011, 09:07 PM
SupritShestha

hi
if you want to join the Indian army or Indian Navy then you can write the NDA exam conducted by UPSC after your 10+2 or else if you have finish your degree then you can write the CDS, UES, TES exams for entry to army or navy...If you are an engineer then try for the technical entry with direct interview and also one option is that you can have the NCC 'C' certificate and sit for an interview...for more details log into www.upsc.gov.in
16th February 2011, 08:58 PM
sonalgoel1

Smile Re: Procedure of joining Indian Army and Indian Navy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello,
all three wings of defence forces(army,navy and air force) conduct their selection procedure for SSC twice a year. and therefore forms are available for the same. All those currently in 12th stds or pursuing grduation can apply for the same. after sending the forms ,students either have to appear for written test or GDs(group discussions) or sometimes the direct interviews are conducted in the colleges itself for selections. All those selected in the first round have to go through the second round of selection procedure i.e SSB and after clearing the SSB medical test is carried out which decides the final entry into the defence.
good luck
18th February 2011, 05:28 PM
ssahu669

Dear Friend,

the main option to join Indian navy or army is through NDA exam. for this you must have completed 10+2 science.for Navy you must subjects like physics and maths in 10+2 science.

Regards
Sanjeeb
4th June 2011, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

i have done my 12 standard on vocational course (cse). and i have a interet to join indian navy and airforce. i dont no how to joining procedure.
25th June 2011, 09:49 AM
Unregistered

i passed hsc exam with 77% marks and passed 12th exam with 47% marks how can i join indiannavy?
28th July 2011, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

my sis has completed 12th in arts & she wants to join Indian army, how can she?
29th July 2011, 11:13 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello dear,

You can join Indian Navy after complition of graduation or its equivalent degree with 60 % marks by the government recognised university.

The age limit for short service commission for women is 19 1/2 years to 25 years, height required is 152 cms and weight according to height and weight.

You must be physically fit and eye sight should be 6/6 . No colour blindness.

Try you will get success.

all the best.
6th September 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I am now pursuing my B.Tech(IT) final year.May I know what is CDS test?how can i appear for this test.?
can u please send the procedure to this mailId([email protected])
10th September 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

I am a com pleat Bsc in science I go to army jobs how apply?
13th October 2011, 03:59 PM
ravichahal

how to indian army after completing BSc. in nursing?
13th October 2011, 06:24 PM
tejesh_09

To join indian army/navy you have to fulfill these basic criterias:

1)you should be less than 23 years old.
2)you should be medically sound.
3)plus two with maths and physics as compulsury subjects with 65% aggregate
4)The other after graduation such that minimum criteria for the the percentage is 60% and varied to 65%

after you fulfill these criterias you can then give the following exams to join indian army,you can join logistic cadre in indian army:

1)CDSE: it is an exam conducted for graduates by UPSC twice an year and can get more information from :
www.upsc.gov.in

2)UES and SSC: these are the exams conducted by indian army and you can get more information for these enteries from:
www.indianarmy.nic.in/

Eligibility Conditions for Navy:
Age : Between 19-1/2 to 25 years (candidates to be born between 02 January 1984 to 01 July 1989 both dates inclusive)

Educational Qualifications : Science Graduate with minimum 60% marks in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics OR Post Graduate in Science with minimum 55% marks in Physics, Mathematics or Electronics. (Those who have not complete thier Degree, need not apply).

Physical Standards : Hight and Wieght : Minimum height Male - 157 cms, Female - 152 cms with correlated weight. Eye Sight - The minimum acceptable standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses and should not be colour/night blind.
6th November 2011, 12:38 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi

NDA National Defense Academy is the exam to enter the Indian Army or Indian Navy.

Also the naval wing conducts separate exams.

But eligibility for NDA is your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years.

You should be a 10+2 from a recognized board and school.

Once you clear the exam, you would be called for a round of physical test, and SSB personal interview, and group discussion.

If you get through, then you would be sent to the Indian Army or Navy depending on their decision.
7th February 2012, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

can i join indian navy after matriculation??????if possible then describe the procdure
21st March 2012, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

i am prabakaran. i am doing 3year be.am i eligible or not?
24th March 2012, 11:48 PM
Denny_Crane

hiiiiiiii
There are many opportunities available in defence sector.
To apply for navy many opportunities are there after 12th and graduation.
Candidates with science stream can get into technical branch of navy.

PCM is must for students with science background for navy.
23rd August 2013, 07:23 PM
yashwant agrawal

sir,
can u plz send me all details about indian navy?
means how i prepare for navy....? what qualification is reuired...? and more question like this....? plz sir i m really want this.../
send this imformation in my personal id ([email protected])....
plz sir after that i m very thankfull to you....
29th August 2013, 12:17 AM
maruthidevi

hello,
all three wings of defence forces(army,navy and air force) conduct their selection procedure for SSC twice a year. and therefore forms are available for the same. All those currently in 12th stds or pursuing grduation can apply for the same. after sending the forms ,students either have to appear for written test or GDs(group discussions) or sometimes the direct interviews are conducted in the colleges itself for selections. All those selected in the first round have to go through the second round of selection procedure i.e SSB and after clearing the SSB medical test is carried out which decides the final entry into the defence.
good luck
29th August 2013, 09:39 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Indian Army and Navy basically can be joined through NDA and CDS entrance exam according to educational qualification and age limit.

NDA - National Defence Academy, the entrance exam for which is conducted bu UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Malel having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Health.

The candidate aspiring to join Indian navy should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 12th.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year to join Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or passed with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years for Indian Army(IMA) and from 19 to 22 years for Indian Navy(INA) with good Physical and Mental Fitness, can apply for Indian Army/Navy of CDS.

The selection is through written exam followed by Personal Interview along with Physical Fitness and Medical Test.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2013, 09:59 AM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.................

Indian Army and Navy aspirants, must go through with NDA Examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice,,,,,,,,

i.e.

NDA - I

and

NDA - II

For this NDA Examination some eligibility Criteria are there, if you satisfy these eligibility criteria then you are eligible for Indian Army and Navy Services

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate should:

Have a XII Class / Equivalent passed certificate conducted by State Board / Universities. Those appearing for the exam can also apply provided they furnish the proof of passing the Class XII exam at a later date as specified by the UPSC.

Have Physics & Maths in 10+2 if he has applied for Navy & Air Force.

Be an unmarried male.

Be between 16 1/2 to 19 years of age.

Be physically fit.

Exam Pattern

The written test has 2 papers both of which will last for 150 minutes each:

Mathematics: Topics to be covered include Arithmetic, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics

General Ability: This paper includes English & GK. Questions from Physics, Chemistry, General Science, History & Freedom Movement, Geography and Current affairs will be asked in the GK section.

How to Apply

All eligible candidates may apply online through Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) website http://upsconline.nic.in on or before the last date.
29th August 2013, 02:22 PM
mishrarozi

HI

Procedure of joining Indian Army and Indian Navy.

1.You should be a 10+2 from a recognized board and school
2.Your age should be between 16.5 to 19 years
3.You should be medically sound
4.You must be physically fit and eye sight should be 6/6
5.You must ba an indian.

Thank you-----------------
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?