31st January 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Required percentage of marks in B.Tech to be eligible for Placements?

I am first year b.tech. Student and I want to ask that where is b.tech % useful for further compitition or any placement?????? plzz tell me...

Related Questions:
  1. What is the minimum percentage required to be eligible for campus placements?
  2. What is the common eligibility criteria followed for campus placement?
  3. Job placements after B.E with less than 60% marks in 12th standard?
  4. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in B.Tech from NSIT college to be eligible for off campus placements?
  5. Am I eligible for placements after scoring 58% in 12th? List of companies which will consider only B.E marks?
  6. Percentage required to appear in TET under SC category? -- [New]
  7. What qualities are needed for doing job in Infosys?
  8. Can I get admission in any college in Maharashtra for MBBS? I have scored 87 percentile
  9. What is the minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in germany? What is the percentage required?
  10. Required percentage of marks in B.Tech to be eligible for Placements?
  11. List of companies which I am eligible for campus placements if have more than 60% marks throughout studies?
  12. Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Percentage required to be eligible to study MS? How much marks are required to clear GRE and TOEFL?
  14. Job opportunities for a candidate who has secured 88.5% in 10th, 90% in Intermediate and 60% in B.Tech(IT)?
  15. Can i sit for iGATE placement with 65% marks in BE?
  16. Tell me job related criteria in IBM company?
  17. How to get good percentage of marks in B.Tech course? What are the skills required for the candidates to get through Campus Placements?
  18. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
31st January 2012, 11:47 AM
prafvik

Default Re: Required percentage of marks in B.Tech to be eligible for Placements?

For placements in Multi National Companies You should have 65 % throughout 10,12 and aggregate of 4 years B.Tech.
31st January 2012, 11:53 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required percentage of marks in B.Tech to be eligible for Placements?

There are number of job opportunties for the candidates soon after the completion of their B.Tech course. Only thing is that they should be strong enough in subject knowledge and communication skills.

As you are in the first year of your B.Tech course, you have more time and enough time and good scope to be strong enough in subject knowledge. So, I suggest you don't compromise on this.

With regard to Placements, the minimum eligibility criteria will differ from one company to other company.

Few companies will put the minimum eligibility criteria as career 75 in the sense only candidates who have secured a minimum of 75% of marks in all their previous academic levels are eligible for the recruitment procedure.

But many of the companies will put the minimum eligibility criteria as Career 60. So, try to get good percentage of marks in your B.Tech course.

Some Companies will give preference to the candidates who are having Career 80. This will mostly happen in the case of On campus Interviews.

Choose a list of Companies in which you want to make entry or to start your Career and know the selection procedure to be placed in those companies and update information regarding various recruitment drives conducted by those companies.

Appear for the recruitment procedure when you are eligible and attempt well to be placed in those companies.

So, have complete planning of yourself with regard to this. Wish you all the best for you to have a prospective career.
31st January 2012, 01:36 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

At the first time company looks if the candidate is eligible for their company or not the the candidates academic percentage...

for the percentage many of MNC as well as National level company they takes 60% all over the academic careers..

This is the standard marks that you have to maintain in your whole academic career..

But there is some Government company as well as some Private company they takes 50% all over your academic careers..

These all are the eligibility criteria to sit for the company.

After that you have to go through some selection process like Aptitude Test/GD/PI...

If you want to get selected in a Company you must go through the following selection round Like:-

1.>Aptitude test.(Quantitative,Verbal & Non Verbal Reasoning,General English).

2.>Technical round.(From your departmental subject).

3.>Group discussion.(Current Topics,It is Optional).

4.>HR round.(About Yourself).

For well preparation You should follow the following books:-

Also Study hard of your own subject like DATA STRUCTURE,DBMS,OPERATING SYSTEM.

Also Study hard of your own COMPUTER LANGUAGE like C,C++,JAVA,SQL.
31st January 2012, 02:21 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Hii..

B.tech now a days is known as a subject on demand for the new generation. To persue B.tech is now a days lot easier for everyone.

As per your question b.tech % marks are very very important for job interview. During b.tech all smemster average is taken for interviews.

As you are in 1st year , so you have enough time to know about your b.tech career. I suggest you do well and perform above average to get good marks.

All companies dont set equal career percentage of marks for jobs.
1) The minimum career average is 60% for most of the companies.
2) Some of the best companies require above 80% career with backlogs or no backlogs.
3) Some companies dont give so much emphasis on career percentages. They look for performance on interview.

So you need to inquiry about the companies before sitting on Interview.
You may Persue Higher studies like MBA,M.tech for good position and better salary. Your GATE score is also important during the job interviews.

Some training certificates will also help you to increase your priority for getting jobs.

All the Best.
31st January 2012, 02:28 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After complete your graduation then you are eligible to sit campus interview in
college.
So for to sit in campus interview you have minimum 60% in career (throughout)10th,12th,Graduation....

So for about good for knowledge you have many company like to 60% career.

Company likes:-

TCS
WIPRO
Infosys
Accenture
Cognizant
etc..........

Good Luck................
31st January 2012, 02:35 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am first year b.tech. Student and I want to ask that where is b.tech % useful for further compitition or any placement?????? plzz tell me...
Dear Friend,

The below Companies need 60% or even 70% in 10th 12th and graduation....

1. Tata Consultancy Services

2. Cognigent Technology Solution

3. Infosys Technologies

4. Microsoft Limited

5. IBM

6. WHOAI

7. ATOS

etc etc .....

There are also many companies, which requires only 55% as there eligibility criteria in 10th 12th and graduation

The name of such Companies are

1. Wipro Technologies

2. Wipro Infotech

3 Wipro VLSI

4. L&T Infotech

5. Mahindra Satyam

6. Tech Mahindra

7. SYNTEL

8. Peakon software

9. Pinackle Software

10. Patni Computers

etc etc....

There also many core companies and public sector core companies like SAIL, BHEL, L&T, IOCL, NTPC, POWERGRID,etc etc Which need 60% or 65% in graduation only. They dont need the marks of 10th and 12th.

So I think to be eligible in all companies, You have to get over 70% in your B.Tech career......

Best Of Luck.................
31st January 2012, 04:16 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai frnd
min 60% marks to eligible for any placement exams
and also you have good communication skills , subject , english skills
31st January 2012, 05:02 PM
mani_baban

There are number of job opportunties for the candidates soon after the completion of their B.Tech course. Only thing is that they should be strong enough in subject knowledge and communication skills.

As you are in the first year of your B.Tech course, you have more time and enough time and good scope to be strong enough in subject knowledge. So, I suggest you don't compromise on this.

With regard to Placements, the minimum eligibility criteria will differ from one company to other company.

Few companies will put the minimum eligibility criteria as career 75 in the sense only candidates who have secured a minimum of 75% of marks in all their previous academic levels are eligible for the recruitment procedure.

But many of the companies will put the minimum eligibility criteria as Career 60. So, try to get good percentage of marks in your B.Tech course.

Some Companies will give preference to the candidates who are having Career 80. This will mostly happen in the case of On campus Interviews.

Choose a list of Companies in which you want to make entry or to start your Career and know the selection procedure to be placed in those companies and update information regarding various recruitment drives conducted by those companies.

Appear for the recruitment procedure when you are eligible and attempt well to be placed in those companies.

So, have complete planning of yourself with regard to this. Wish you all the best for you to have a prospective career.
31st January 2012, 05:24 PM
abhi41

For B.Tech placement % requriement is depends on company. some company required 70,some required 60 and there are some company also which does not required any percentage. So please tell company name also
31st January 2012, 05:29 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Hi Friend,

B.Tech is a very good course and B.Tech percentage is usefull in both competetive exams and as well at the time of placements.

it is better to maintain a minimum of 65% aggriagate in your B.Tech because most of the companies ask for a percentage of 65 through out your academic career.
but with 65% you are not eligible for attending all the companies because companies like IBM, Microsoft, Delloitte etc will ask for a percentage of 70 and above.

so it is always good to maintain a percentage above 70.

All the best
31st January 2012, 05:35 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
aspirants are admitted to the companies either through campus placement or off campus placement. Aspirants are recruited to the companies in the final year. For appearing in the recruitment process you need to have good knowledge in the field.
The minimum percentage fixed by the companies differ . And it is as per their wish. Most of the companies prefer a minimum percentage of 60%. The rounds involved in the recruitment process are aptitude exam following which is group discussion and personnel interview. The companies may or may not include all the rounds and also each round can be held more than once. Depending upon their requirement they recruit the number of aspirants. You can apply for the job off campus too.
3rd February 2012, 09:29 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

You have completed B-TECH degree but you have not mention any kind percentage marks.Because maximum company have their own eligibility criteria.

Generally if you have 60% (Through out career) above marks then you are applicable for maximum no of companies.The other criteria is given below.

If you have 60% below in through out career then you are applicable for WIPRO . SYNTEL , ALUMNUS , HONEYWELL , RS SOFT etc.

If your academic percentage is between 60% to 65 % then you are applicable for TCS , CTS , L&T , HP ,SASKEN ,CEPGEMINI etc.

If your academic marks is above 65% then you are applicable for INFOSYS ,HCL ,IBM , MICROSOFT etc.

But the better option for you to go for higher study like JRF , SRF , PHD , M-TECH , MBA etc.
6th February 2012, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

hi everyone,
please help me, i have very strong CV with many extra curricular activities, even i got published my technical papers in 2nd year of B.E. i have done my internships at General motors & NTPC till date in my semester breaks.i will be doin in future too.and even many more things as iam assosiated with SAE so done many activities from technical talks , seminars to building up a vehicle. but the problem is i don have consistant 60 % marks till ma 3rd sem.
will there be issue at the end of 4th year for my placement ?
otherwise what should i do ? go for higher studies...???
please advice me .
7th February 2012, 08:51 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
You are doing B.Tech
So,you must hold a good percentage of marks in this

>>Try to hold DGPA 7.5
>>Try to PRACTICE APTITUDE
>>Prepare those subjects which are in your CV.
>>Try to improve English communication

For this you can follow these books :

Core company :

1.VEDANTA
2.L&T
3.ALSTON
4.INDIAN RAILWAY
5.TATA STEEL

Software company :

1.TCS
2.CTS
3.IBM
4.INFOSYS
5.SATYAM
8th February 2012, 01:31 PM
ramesh bhallu

Quote:
% of marks are not specified for getting jobs in placements its purely based on company decision
some companies require 75% cut off through out the career
some companies ask only 60%.
After getting jobs companies doesn't ask %of marks they require experience of work and knowledge only.
Its better to you to get more % without failing in subjects
11th April 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

my name is G.Bhanuprakash Reddy, i have 3.8 years experience in java and my 10th is 70% and 12th is 53% and b.tech is 55%, i am eliginle for infosys?
12th April 2012, 02:34 AM
Eshwarvenkatesh

Quote:
hello,
The minimum percentage for b.tech in campus placements is 75% . In internals we have to get 75% and in externals 65% and labs-80-85%. To get placements in industries we should also require good communicative skills, paper presentations and fluency of english
13th October 2012, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 89% and 87% marks in 10th and 12th resp from cbse. Now am persuing btech from ptu sem 5 with aggregate of 75% marks..what else i should do to make my resume heavy so that i could easily get placed in reputed mnc..???
23rd February 2013, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech first year student nd my 12th % 53 so o am giving improvement this year bt i will not apply it in the b.tech so is there any problem with that ....plz tell ..
23rd February 2013, 01:57 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi

Percentage required for the B.tech for Placements:

You need minimum 60% of marks you can eligible for the Placements.

But you need the above 70% of marks you get the job in good company.

You can have the 80% above marks the companies come from you give the job for you.

The placement jobs you need the good percentage and good skills required.

All the best.
23rd February 2013, 02:49 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Required percentage of marks in B.Tech to be eligible for Placements?

Dear Friend ,

Its always good to have overall good academic records & you are asking
that how much percentage you should have in your B.TECH , so dear friend if you are having more than 65% of marks in your B.TECH then its always good & more than 65% of marks & your academic performance should be
over all good .

FOR good placement in good companies like WIPRO , INFOSYS ,
TCS ,SATYAM , INTEL, DELL, COGNIZANT , etc ..

so you need good percentile of marks & with that you also need good communication skill & fluency in English , your presentation is also will the
important factor of getting good placement in reputed company ..

So wishing you All the very Best for your Future ....!!!
1st March 2014, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

hi sir...
I have less persentage in my education.scc61.2 and ipe 64.7,b.tech ece62. I have eiligble for good job in s/w company.pls tell me what kind of companies offers job.
13th March 2014, 08:22 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You should score a minimum of 60% of marks in your B.Tech course to be eligible for Campus Placements.

Not only in B.Tech course, 60% of marks are required in all your academic levels. Then only you will fulfill the required academic criteria to attend for the Placements.

The selection procedure would involve
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

In written exam, the questions will be from the following categories
Reasoning
Numerical Ability
General English
Subject knowledge

Collect the Placement Papers for top Companies in your field and have good preparation for the Written Exam.

Many of the candidates will easily crack written exam and may not get success in the Interview due to lack of communication skills.

Try to be good enough in this area. If you are able to clearly explain the information that you have, that will be more than enough to get a job.

Wish you all the best.
18th October 2014, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 63% in 10th , 50% in 12th and 71% in b.tech
am i eligible for jobs??????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?