12th June 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

respected sir,
im charan krishna.i have 66% in 10th class,75% in 12th class n my percentage after 3rd year is 60.4% with 2 baklogs.i hav still 2 semsters to improve my aggregrate but the placements season arrives in our college in this december.companies like CTS,INFOSYS,CAP GEMINI etc were taking part.they are considering marks only upto 3rd year.can i be eligible for the placements in CTS??

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible for placements in any company after scoring an aggregate of 61% with backlogs?
  2. What is the eligibility criteria asked for CTS campus placement?
  3. Will the cleared backlogs affect my placements in any way? I am having 64% aggregate
  4. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  5. Am i eligible for NIPER after clearing my backlogs? I am studying BPharmacy 3rd year
  6. Am I eligible for campus placements with 4 backlogs?
  7. Will Backlogs affect the placements?
  8. Will I get a government sector job after scoring 60% in B.Tech?
  9. Eligibility for placement in TCS, Infosys etc after 4 backlogs upto 3rd year? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to join MNCs like TCS, CTS and HP if cleared all the 4 backlogs in MCA?
  11. Am I eligible for Infosys placements after scoring 88.32% in 10th, 59.5% in 12th and 74% in B.E?
  12. Is there any difficulty to study MS in US through GRE and TOEFL if had 4 backlogs in B.Tech? -- [New]
  13. Am I eligible for placements in MNC's companies like TCS, CTS, iGatepatni, Wipro etc as I failed in one subject in MCA first year and cleared in the final year?
  14. Placements papers of CTS? Eligibility criteria for CTS placements?
  15. Will backlogs affect my job opportunities?
  16. Can I get admission in any reputed institutes of USA through GRE if having backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?
  17. Am I eligible to apply in TCS or CTS if completed B.Tech in 6 years and working in IBM?
  18. Is the student eligible for PSU exams if he/she has 2 backlogs in 3rd semester of B.Tech but clears them by end of final year?
13th June 2011, 11:16 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
respected sir,
im charan krishna.i have 66% in 10th class,75% in 12th class n my percentage after 3rd year is 60.4% with 2 baklogs.i hav still 2 semsters to improve my aggregrate but the placements season arrives in our college in this december.companies like CTS,INFOSYS,CAP GEMINI etc were taking part.they are considering marks only upto 3rd year.can i be eligible for the placements in CTS??

sorry to say dear those company are not allowed those who have any backlog.

if your college authority request them then it will be possible.

so you can go to your placement office and request them.

dont worry

all the best.
13th June 2011, 03:17 PM
kumarupender

Default Re: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

HI,
your saying that the companies are considering the marks upto 3rd only.so,your having 60% with 2 backlogs... but the companies will prefer only those candidates who were without backlogs...so if not now, u can improve your aggregate till 4-1 semester such that u won't face this problem in the next year.....
gud luck.
13th June 2011, 03:36 PM
dineshpandiyan

Thumbs up Re: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

you have a little bit chance in joining CTS. The CTS, INFOSYS companies select the candidates based on the marks he scored in all the 8 semesters above 75% with out any arrears. so you will do extracurricular activies related to computer oriented program with certificate is the additional chance to join in the CTS company.
13th June 2011, 04:08 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Generally companies come in for campus placement prefer candidates who have scored above 60% till the third semester. They normally mention that candidates with backlogs need not apply. It all depends on the HR team that visits the campus. If they donot mention any restrictions then you must perform exceptionally well in the test. Normally companies like Infosys donot consider applications from these students.
13th June 2011, 06:39 PM
piku_0509

Default Reply to ::: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

According to your question i will give two suggestion..

1->If u are appearing for college campus(i mean before completion of your degree) then according to their requirement there are no of backlogs during writing 1st round of test..

2-->But once you completed your degree and if you are attending any campus selection in CTS then without any current backlogs and only 60% is sufficient but it should be through out your career(including 10th and 12th also)
13th June 2011, 07:41 PM
princearyan
Senior Member+

dear friend,
By the time CTS comes into your college you must have no active backlogs. If you have it right now then try to clear it as soon as possible.
best of luck
13th June 2011, 08:24 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
respected sir,
the choice of recruitment depends upon the companies and the college which u study.

the backlogs will not affect ur placement badly if hav good performance in the technical and the GD rounds conducted by the company.

b sure to perfom well in those areas. the companies lik CTS will allow u to take up placement if u hav good skills and good knowledge in the subject u study.

aslo improve ur GPA in semester to come.

all the best..
13th June 2011, 09:38 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

Quote:
respected sir,

ELIGIBILITY TO ATTEND FOR CAMPUS PLACEMENTS

The common eligibility criteria for most of the companies like CTS, Infosys etc. are as follows...

-> 60 % aggregate and above in 10th, 12th and UG course.

-> No outstanding arrears.

-> Maximum study gap of 3 years.

-> Good communication and Technical Skills.

POINTS TO NOTE :

-> The eligibility criteria varies depending upon the grade of your college and the companies standards.. Some of the companies like Nokia Siemens, Robert Bosh, Tata Elxsi etc. have 70 % above as their eligibility criteria too...

-> To know about CTS eligibility criteria visit https://careers.cognizant.com/

-> Try to give your best in the next semester and maintain your marks and clear the arrears if any...

-> Start preparing for aptitude, G.D round for placements from the start of your 4th year... for sure you will end up in a good company...

-> To know about companies coming for campus placements CLICK HERE!!!

-> To prepare for aptitude round for placements online CLICK HERE!!!

-> For any further details about preparation for campus placement or any information just leave a post in our forum..
13th June 2011, 09:45 PM
sourindra

you must have clear your backlogs within the next two semester.
13th June 2011, 10:18 PM
manisha91

Yes
you are eligible, because subject backlogs doesn't matter.
You should have min 60% marks
13th June 2011, 10:51 PM
sachin6

ya,absolutely you get a job in cts.

normally,all comanies requires
13th June 2011, 10:56 PM
indian007

As you have got 60% marks in overall, so you are eligible as subject backlogs hardly matters
13th June 2011, 11:06 PM
sachin6

ya,absolutely you get a job in cts.normally,all companies requires minimum.

50% marks in 10th,12th and degree.

but your communication skills and other skills must be devolped.

TIPS:

*read aptitude books

*read english newspapers

*know the world news up to date

*improve your speech capacity

*also,improve your subject basics

*speak confident

*in interviews dont speak any faith information

*BE TRUTH,BE CONFIDENT,BE BOLD

*#*#*#GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE$$$$$$$$
14th June 2011, 12:14 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
respected sir,
FOR CTS AND CAPGEMINI:
60 % in through out in academic career
no backlog are allowed.
one year gape is allowed in career.
OR INFOSYS:
65% in through out in academic career
no backlog are allowed.
one year gape is allowed in career.
so you are not eligible for those company after completion you are eligible for those company if your btech percentage is 65% for infosys.

THANKS .
14th June 2011, 04:12 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

Normally software companies see 60% through out your carrier ..and no present backlog so you concentrate on studies clear your backlogs and then see
companies .CTS,INFOSYS,TCS are good software companies so you will sure get chance to sit these companies on campus or off campus .
so main thing is that clear your all back log ...
then concentrate on aptitude test,GD,PI
good luck
14th June 2011, 09:58 AM
tiwari ayush

no u r not as the main elegibility criteria of te companies is that there should b no backlog courses . but however u should try cover them in 4th year.

best of luck!!!
14th June 2011, 12:40 PM
04rust

CTS's criteria are
>60 % aggregate and above in 10th, 12th and UG course.

> No outstanding arrears.

> Maximum study gap of 3 years.

> Good communication and Technical Skills.

nothing for back logs are specified .since you are having a back log in 3rd year you can clear it in your final year and then apply, marks wise you are eligible..
like if you have a back log in your 5th sem you can clear it because a few companies do have a specification that no active backlogs..
and more contact your TPO he may guide you better .
all the best
14th June 2011, 05:52 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

hallo charan,
as you have 66% in 10th and 75%in 12th and 60.4% in your graduation upto 3rd semester, so you satisfy the criteria of these three MNC's... but the problem is you have 2 backlogs, and they want a candidate who has no backlogs..so, you have to first clear your backlogs, otherwise sorry to say you that you can't appear in your on campusing.. work hard and clear your backlogs first..
15th June 2011, 01:39 AM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well backlogs are no problem at all

such companies like CTS TCS etc. require aggregate score only

and they need 60% aggregate through-out your academic career

and the rest all depends on your

aptitude test and interview performance.
15th June 2011, 12:15 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, back logs is not matter to get placed in CTS.

if you can clear the back logs before your campusing probably will be held after 7th sem.

as you have through out 60% marks in academic, so you are eligible for appearing the CTS if you can mangae the your back logs.

all the best........
4th August 2011, 09:16 PM
Unregistered

sir/mam;
will i eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 59% with one back in 2nd year of MCA???
i m handicapped also.
8th August 2011, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

backlog means it is for both ug and pg.
8th August 2011, 07:42 PM
rana2011
Banned

sorry to say My Friend those company are not allowed any backlog.

You request your college authority if they grand then it will be possible.

Thanks!
10th August 2011, 09:21 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th board(with 74%) in the year 2002 and i have not completed my 12th std as I had back in 12th std in the year 2004 and 2005.After that i had done a course from IGNOU from 2005 to 2006.After that I had completed my Diploma Engineering in Computer Science & Technology in the year 2006 to 2009 (with 75.8%).Presently I am doing my B.Tech (Lateral Entry) final year(with no backlogs)....Please suggest which company will allow me for placement??
11th August 2011, 12:09 AM
suchiii

sorry you are not eligible for CTS after having Backlogs ,these companies not allowed any backlog ,but do not worry there are so many companies in which you can make your good career ,go for those companies and prepare for placement.
Best of luck for future..
11th August 2011, 01:57 AM
btcs11

sorry my friend you will not be eligible for placements if you have backlogs at the time of placements.most top MNCs will expect the candidates without any standing arrears at the time of placement. history of arrears will not affect placements in any way.so clear all your backlogs before your final year exams to get good chance for getting placed in companies of your choice.
and your marks is also pretty less as most companies expect minimum of 65%marks to 75% marks. ofcourse you can improve your percentage to 65% so you can try for jobs during placements itself. but still you need to have no backlogs.
gud luck.
11th August 2011, 07:32 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Dear Friend

I'm sorry to sat that you are not eligible for placements in CTS as the company clearly states that it only recruits those candidates who have secured 60% aggregate marks with no backlogs .
11th August 2011, 01:46 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for the CTS placement. With your marks you can apply but with your backlog you can not apply in CTS also in any other Mnc’s. So before passing your degree you should clear your all backlog and then you can apply.
11th August 2011, 01:47 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Angry Re: Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?

No, you are not eligible to apply for the CTS placement. With your marks you can apply but with your backlog you can not apply in CTS also in any other Mnc’s. So before passing your degree you should clear your all backlog and then you can apply.
11th August 2011, 04:01 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

As you mention that your percetage is above 60 percent so satisfy the percentage criteria needed for the companies like TCS infosys but you also mention that you have two backlogs so there is no fixed eligibility criteria for placement in the companies like TCS , Infosys. It depends on the situation whether they allows backlogs or not. So it fully depend on your luck.
16th August 2011, 09:48 PM
iama019

Default I have no backlogs

I have completed my 10th board(with 74%) in the year 2002 and i have not completed my 12th std as I had back in 12th std in the year 2004 and 2005.After that i had done a course from IGNOU from 2005 to 2006.After that I had completed my Diploma Engineering in Computer Science & Technology in the year 2006 to 2009 (with 75.8%).Presently I am doing my B.Tech (Lateral Entry) final year(with no backlogs)....Please suggest which company will allow me for placement??
30th August 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi completed my btech in 2010 while my duration is 2005-2009 due to backlog i had 67% aggregate in btech 86% in inter and 76% in 10th.Now im doing my mtech 1st year and i had 77% aggregate .we r getting tcs in the month of september will it be a problem for me to get a job tcs and what should i mention inthe duration of btech plzzzzzz reply me
31st August 2011, 04:02 PM
bidula1

i got 76% at 10 level.63.5%in 12 th level(best of 5).if best of 5 is not allowed then the marks is 59.66%.if i inclded maths in best of 5 then the marks is 60%.in b.c.a i got 75%.and mca till 4th sem i got 7.5(c.g.p.a).plez tell me m i elligible for ibm,infosys,accenture,tcs cts,wipro,accenture,aricent?
31st August 2011, 06:47 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
respected sir,
im charan krishna.i have 66% in 10th class,75% in 12th class n my percentage after 3rd year is 60.4% with 2 baklogs.i hav still 2 semsters to improve my aggregrate but the placements season arrives in our college in this december
the minimum percentage required is 60% in b.tech but u should have no backlogs while sitting for placement as these companies wont be taking backlog students so clear ur backlogs as soon as possible
5th September 2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Hi my cgpa is 5.91 and no backlogs can i attend for cts,tcs or infosys
19th September 2011, 10:37 AM
Unregistered

sir i hav an agrregate of 74% in my BE , and 78% in my SSc but 56% in HSc , am i eligible for CTS... plz reply....
19th September 2011, 10:37 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

Dear friend,you said that you had 3 backlogs in 3rd year.I think you cleared them all.So there are no things to worry about.You can face CTS.

Eligibility Criteria For CTS :

Academic Criteria :60% through 10th,12th and graduation.
10th October 2011, 02:56 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
respected sir,
some of the company allow max 1year gap, and some are allowed max 2 year gap
company considering your previous marks
e.g 10th,12th, graduate i.e the course which you have passed
by seeing previous course marks , company criteria will decide whether you are eligible for that company or not.
10th October 2011, 02:58 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
sir/mam;
will i eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 59% with one back in 2nd year of MCA???
i m handicapped also.
sorry my dear ,you are not eligible for cts, because your percentage and backlog not matching with the eligibility criteria of cts.
10th October 2011, 02:59 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
backlog means it is for both ug and pg.
yes, backlog means it is for both ug and pg.
10th October 2011, 03:00 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
by seeing your academic career, you have backlog.
In most of the company you were not allowed, but some company will allow you,by seeing your current course marks.
10th October 2011, 03:03 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
Hi my cgpa is 5.91 and no backlogs can i attend for cts,tcs or infosys
if this is the complete cgpa , then you are not allowed
10th October 2011, 03:45 AM
njsingh15

Quote:
sir i hav an agrregate of 74% in my BE , and 78% in my SSc but 56% in HSc , am i eligible for CTS... plz reply....
yes you are eligible for cts, because cts allows those who has only in one below 60% , but it should be greater than 55%
4th November 2011, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE MINIMUM PERCENTAGE REQUIRED FOR PLACEMENT IN CTS??????
5th November 2011, 06:18 PM
dravid999

hi dear,
CTS's criteria are
>60 % aggregate and above in 10th, 12th and UG course.

> No outstanding arrears.

> Maximum study gap of 3 years.

> Good communication and Technical Skills.

nothing for back logs are specified .since you are having a back log in 3rd year you can clear it in your final year and then apply, marks wise you are eligible..
like if you have a back log in your 5th sem you can clear it because a few companies do have a specification that no active backlogs..
and more contact your TPO he may guide you better .

thanks
4th January 2012, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi Sir , my percentages are mca 74%,bsc 64,Internediate 58,ssc 63. 4 days back i got hallticket from cts.

Is it any problem to me?
5th January 2012, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

Please sir provide the details ,im very tense about my percentage...
26th February 2012, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

im at persent studying mi 3rd yr 2nd sem and my agg is abt 55% change...with 1 backlog.so placements were held at 4th yr 1st sem in our colg before 3-2 results wer declared.so can i hav a chance to attent for placements
21st March 2012, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

pls mention academic criteria in terms of CGPA
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?