2nd June 2020, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination to opt in 11th to do B.Sc Pediatrician?

Hi, I have completed my 10th and about to take admission in 11th. I want to become a Pediatrician Dr. So, which Science subject combination should I opt in my 11th standard? Should I go for PCB or PCM?

3rd June 2020, 08:43 AM
SUREKHAJIT

Default Re: Which Science subject combination to opt in 11th to do B.Sc Pediatrician?

Dear Friend,

To become a pediatrician, You need to take up science stream.
For 11th there is no opt subject you have to do it with Biology & maths
For 12th go with PCB group(BIOLOGY).
After giving your 12th boards you need to appear for NEET/CET exam for admission in M.B.B.S. course which has a length of 4 and a half years followed by one year of compulsory internship.

There is no option with B.Sc.Pedatrician.

Thanks

SUREKHAJIT
3rd June 2020, 09:48 AM
neha_bisht

Default Re: Which Science subject combination to opt in 11th to do B.Sc Pediatrician?

Hi obviously you should opt PCB as for clearing NEET you should be having biology . Then after 12th you have to give NEET exam to secure a government college for pursuing your path .
All the best
3rd June 2020, 12:24 PM
Padmashree K S

PCB is a right choice if you want to become a Pediatrician Doctor. Because later you need to persue MBBS for which these subjects are important and also the common entrance exam results for MBBS seat is considered based on the scores in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
3rd June 2020, 12:54 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

----To become pediatrician, you have to opt for medical stream(Physics, chemistry and Biology) in your 11th and 12th.

---- Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of surgery is a course which you have to pursue after your 12th. Then you can do specific course in Pediatrics.
3rd June 2020, 10:42 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Arrow Re: Which Science subject combination to opt in 11th to do B.Sc Pediatrician?

For studying doctor, you just need to qualify PCB( Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as your main subject in 12th standard along with english. In the Class 11 Science stream, the major subjects are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, and Computer Science
4th June 2020, 05:25 PM
Rohan221994

Definitely you should go for PCB. Your score in Biology will be counted for as it is foundation for any medical studies. PCM is opted by those who go for Engineering, IIT etc. PCMB would be an added advantage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?