11th August 2020, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Air Force (IAF)?

Hi, I want to join Indian Air Force after completion of my Intermediate Board exams. I have completed my 10th Board exams and about to take admission in 11th but bit confused about subject selection. Could you please confirm me about Science subjects combination that I should opt in order to be eligible for IAF?

13th August 2020, 08:23 AM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Air Force (IAF)?

Applicants must have cleared 12th with mathematics and physics as main subjects.

Age Limit: The age of candidates who are applying for the examination should be between 16½-19 years at the time of filling the application form.

In order to join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force, one must have completed bachelors degree program in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects at the higher secondary level.
13th August 2020, 08:49 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Air Force (IAF)?

To join the Indian Airforce, you should opt for Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects for your higher secondary school degree course as this stream will make you eligible for all types of entries available (i.e; Officer's Entry through NDA or Airmen' enttry) on the basis of Class 12th education.

Also, the higher secondary school degree in same stream allows you to have the option of joining Indian Air Force after completion of your graduation degree course through CDS and AFCAT.

For complete details regarding different career opportunities available in Indian Air force and their respective eligibility criteria, you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
13th August 2020, 01:06 PM
Siddharth717

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to join Indian Air Force (IAF)?

In order to join the Flying Branch of Indian Air Force, one must have completed bachelors degree program in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects at the higher secondary level.
13th August 2020, 10:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

A candidate can join Indian Air Force after 12th through National Defence Academy examination. NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The academic qualification required for Air Force is that candidate must have done 12th with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.

You must select Science stream in 12th and opt for PCM subject group to be eligible for NDA exam for Indian Air Force.
14th August 2020, 12:05 AM
honeyroy
Senior Member+++++

For most of the post in IAF PCM combination is required.

You should opt PCM Combination for your higher secondary education. It will create more opportunity for you than any other combination.
14th August 2020, 04:26 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed 12th from a recognised board are eligible for recruitment in Air Force through various entries.

The required stream varies for different entry.

So, you can pursue stream as per your choice. Available examination for recruitment includes - NDA, Air Force X and Y.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?