17th December 2015, 02:41 AM
Shekhawatritika

How to join IAF as an officer after B.Sc? Criteria to join IAF with Biology subjects?

Sir, I am in second year now. I want to join IAF after completing BSc. I have Chemistry, zoology and botany as my subjects.
I had physics in 12th std.
What is the criteria to join IAF with Biology subjects because as I have seen Maths and Phyics are must.
Thank you .

17th December 2015, 08:08 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to join IAF as an officer after B.Sc? Criteria to join IAF with Biology subjects?

# IAF stands for Indian Air Force.

# After graduation, one can join the Indian Air Force (IAF) through following two ways:

* Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)
* By join Air Force Academy (AFA) through Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination

# Followings are the branch in the Indian Air Force (IAF):

* Flying Branch
* Technical Branch
* Ground Duty Branch

# Required educational qualification for both AFCAT as well as CDS Examination:

* Must have any bachelor degree in any discipline for "Ground Duty Branch".
* Must have any engineering degree or B.Sc. (Physics & Mathematics) for "Technical Branch" and "Flying Branch".

# Required age limit:

* 19-23 years for Air Force Academy (AFA) in Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
* 19-25 years for Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT)

# Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) two times in a year.

# Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is conducted by Indian Air Force itself every year.

# Followings are the books are quite helpful in the preparation of AFCAT and CDS Examination:

* Arihant's Objective English
* Pearson Guide to English Language
* Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggrawal
* Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
* Lucent's General Studies
* Arihant's General Studies
* Reasoning Ability by R.S. Aggrawal
17th December 2015, 09:02 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to join IAF as an officer after B.Sc? Criteria to join IAF with Biology subjects?

No, you are not eligible to join IAF as an Officer. To join IAF as an Officer candidates have to qualify in CDS or NDA examination.

CDS examination is conducted after graduation degree and NDA after 10+2. Both examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

It is compulsory to have mathematics and physics as main paper in 10+2 to appear for both examination.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination with biology stream. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
17th December 2015, 09:58 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Air Force.

To join IAF you have to appear and qualify in Combined Defence Services examination but to appear it is necessary that candidate must have physics and mathematics in 10+2.

So, you are only eligible to join Indian Army after qualifying in CDS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?