26th June 2020, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination is required to study degree course in Agriculture?

Hello, I have completed my Intermediate from Science stream with MPC subject combination. And, now for my Graduation I wish to do B.Sc in Agriculture. Can I proceed with this course?

29th June 2020, 02:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study degree course in Agriculture?

To pursue degree course in Agriculture the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology/ Agriculture as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM combination, you are eligible for pursuing degree course in Agriculture as well as Agricultural Engineering degree course.
29th June 2020, 05:44 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination is required to study degree course in Agriculture?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue B.Sc Agriculture after 12th in PCM.

The common eligiblility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM/PCB as main paper.

Entrance examination is conducted by various institutions for admission in the course.

So, you can proceed with the course.
29th June 2020, 06:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to pursue B.Sc Agriculture course is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM or PCB as main paper.

The entrance examination is conducted by different institutions for admission in the course.

So, you can proceed with PCM to become eligible to pursue B.Sc Agriculture course.
30th June 2020, 08:33 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

B.Sc Agriculture is a 4 year Under Graduate course being offered by many of the Agricultural colleges in India.

Admission for this course will be varied from one Institute and another Institute. Some of the colleges will give direct admission for this course on the basis of your marks in 10+2.

Some other colleges will conduct Entrance Exam and small Interview also. Some more colleges will consider score in the national/state level Entrance Exam and give admission accordingly.

With regard to your query, MPC colleges can study B.Sc Agriculture but only some colleges will give admission.

In most of the colleges, required academic qualification is 10+2 with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects. Some colleges will accept Biology/Mathematics.

My suggestion for you is to go for B.Tech Agriculture course so that you are eligible for wide range of colleges.

From the subjects side also, it is easy for you to study B.Tech Agriculture subjects as you are from MPC stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?