17th July 2010, 08:21 PM
deepikamanjunathrao

Scope of Biochemistry in India

respected sir/madam

i am a student having completed my final year bsc in biotechnology...i wish to pursue my postgraduation and totally confused on whether to take up biotechnoly or biochemistry......as im intrested in both of them it wouldnt be tough for me if i take up any of the two subjects..i would like to have your opinion on which of the two subject has a wider scope and i surely dont want to get into the teaching line..as iv some financial difficulties,im planning to work immediately after my msc..and dont want to spend too many years doing research.please suggest me on which field to opt for and which has wider scope..waiting eagerly for your valuable comment

thanking you,

your's faithfully,
deepika

17th July 2010, 10:39 PM
sharad3010

Default Re: Scope of Biochemistry in India

The scope of biochemistry is to understand the functionality of he living tissues, cells and the entire living system.

This is one of the most auspicious field in the field of chemical biology.

The scope of biochemistry is to understand the functionality of he living tissues, cells and the entire living system.

as this science deals with the chemistry of life which includes the molecular basis of each and every biochemical processes of microorganisms, plants, and animal systems. therefore opens up the scopes in the field of medical science and research , pharma , biochemical engineering, molecular biology, as an academicians, in the agricultural research and developments, as a biotechnologist and so on......
in short eligible for the bright career in most of the branches of life sciences...
17th July 2010, 10:56 PM
sathsish

Smile Re: Scope of Biochemistry in India

hello friend,

doing master degree is very good solution.
most of the places they are expecting master degrees after doing their bachelor degree
so do master degree.. i think you doing your master degree in the same what you did your bachelor degree...
means.??
you told that you have completed your bsc in biotechnology right..its best to do master degree in biotechnology itself.

and to know post graduates courses in biotechnology and
BIOTECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN EASTERN REGION
just visit this website

http://www.indiaeduinfo.co.in/careers/biotech.htm
all the very best..dude..!!!
17th July 2010, 11:17 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

It is good that you have completed biotechnology and want to pursue further education.
coming to the point, it will be better if you take up biochemistry as the scope of biochemistry in India is more than the scope of biotech..
Also, it would be better if you are ready to work outside India as there is more scope in foreign countries in biotech than in India.Look for a job in public sector, as the public sector is the biggest intaker of biochemistry graduates. Biotech however has a lesser demand.

BEst Of luck..!!
18th July 2010, 12:01 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Definately biotechnology is better than biochemistry in scope and opportunities. Biotechnology is a booming field these days and lots of companies are coming up.

So students normally opt for this field if they want to go for something nearby medicine.

So go for Biotechnology. Its a bit expensive course so if you can adjust then it would be great. Otherwise biochemistry is also good. Go for any one

So do Msc in Biotechnology and then if possible an MBA in biotech will be cherry on Cake. But your choice will be final

best of luck
18th July 2010, 12:14 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Since you are not inclined to teaching or research, it mean you want to work in a firm either in hospital or labs or other pharma companies. Now for that you can do your Msc in any area in Biochemistry or Biotechnology. you can land up in drug design, pharmacist, biochemist kind job profiles in hospitals, pharmaceutical and labs
18th July 2010, 10:06 AM
prd

Smile Re: Scope of Biochemistry in India

The scope is good. So, go for it. Best Of Luck
18th July 2010, 01:12 PM
tusharsoni189

In India, major activities in the biotechnology area have been initiated through Governmental support, which were initiated in mid-eighties. After establishment of an independent Department of Biotechnology (DBT) under Governmental ministerial set-up, a special boost has been given to research and development activities in the country. The scope of biotechnology in India is immense and has an estimated market of $2.5 billions, out of which 60% is in health sector, 10% in agriculture and rest in bioinformatics, genomics & others. The emergence of newer pharma companies headed by technically qualified managers in the country as well as the impact of biotechnological products becoming abundant in countries abroad has changed the prospects of this science at home. These neo-pharma are taking up challenges to invest in their in-house R&D as well as collaborating with national laboratories and centres of excellence to cut short the time to reap the benefits of this fast emerging area. development of drugs using biochemistry
understanding of organic processes
energy production
many others
18th July 2010, 03:18 PM
Senior Member+++

hello frankly speaking todayyet career in biotech is not so developed in our country
but it is a really good field and as you want to go for biochem it is a very good decision
after your pg you wii\ll surely get a good job in any field either teaching or in labs
if you really worth.
so go for it and best of luck for your future
god also helps hard workers
18th July 2010, 04:07 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Excellent career opportunities exists for graduates in biochemistry. This is particularly true in the backdrop of advancements in biotechnology. You can pursue a job in a wide array of areas including virology, forensics, molecular biology, immunology, and horticulture.

The scope of biotechnology in India is also enormous. It is a field that involves engineers, biologists, and many other such professionals. The areas where biotechnology has grown in India include Bioinformatics, Agricultural biotechnology, Bio fertilizers, National Bioresource Development, Plant Biology, Marine Biotechnology and the like.

According to a survey conducted by Ernst and Young, Asia is set to become a hotbed for biotechnology related research and development and India is supposed to emerge as a destination which will see a notable expansion in the biotechnology sector.

Since you do not want to work in R&D field biochemistry will be a better option for you.
18th July 2010, 05:53 PM
sharmila jain

hi ..as you said you are interested in both of the branches ,i would suggest that biochemistry is having much more job oppurtunities than biotechnology..
You will be easily absorbed in pharmy industries as well as in food industries ..you have a brighter future in the research and development in the varius institutions ..so wish you very all the the best..
28th July 2010, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

I am doing M.Sc biochemistry and i want to be a lecturer.so plz tell me the requirment for being lecturer.Is their any exam?
11th August 2010, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello
Madam/Sir
I m M.SC Biochemistry.Pls tell me what is the scope of biochemistry in medical line as a lecturer & tell me the requirment for being lecturer
13th August 2010, 08:59 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
the scope of bio-chemistry is large in India.
you can apply in a pharmaceutical company like Ranbaxy,Cadila,Glaxo etc.
There are demand of bio-chemistry students.
you can join there.

good luck.
14th August 2010, 12:29 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you can fill the forms of various exams like all india biological and clinical exam,state board exam.
some good colleges are:
1.iit guwahati
2.iit kanpur
3.iisc,bangalore
4.iit ,delhi
14th August 2010, 03:04 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

It is a field that involves engineers, biologists, and many other such professionals. The areas where biotechnology has grown in India include Bioinformatics, Agricultural biotechnology, Bio fertilizers, National Bio resource Development, Plant Biology, Marine Biotechnology and the like.The emergence of newer Sharma companies headed by technically qualified managers in the country as well as the impact of biotechnological products becoming abundant in countries abroad has changed the prospects of this science at home. These neo-pharmacy are taking up challenges to invest in their in-house R&D as well as collaborating with national laboratories and centers of excellence to cut short the time
15th August 2010, 10:35 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

as you are not interested to teaching or research.

you can do job in the hospital, pharma companies.

you can do courses in msc in either biochemistry or biotechnology.

you can also open your drug labs.

you can do job in drug design,pharmacist, biochemist in hospitals,pharmaceutical etc.

all d best.
18th November 2010, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing MSC bio chemistry in banaras hindu university i want to do job in ccmb hyderabad how it is possible
16th December 2010, 09:07 PM
Unregistered

Hello/Madam

I am student of M.Sc. Biochemistry will you plz tell me the scopes of biochemstry and how 2 apply for it except teaching ?
24th December 2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir/madam

I have completed my M.Sc Biochemistry this year and looking for jobs. plz tell me what kind of job they offer in hospitals,pharma,food industry or labs..do they mean a sort of lab technician or any other work. even after finishing m.sc in biochemistry,which has a wider scope....people say there is no scope for biochemistry in new delhi..as im a fresher n wana start my career...plz suggest me something dat can help me.....is it so dat without phd..masters in biochem can't land me anywhere...plz reply me as soon as possible.

Thanking you,

vaidehi
4th January 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Nithya Balakrishnan Nair (Anand-Gujarat)

I am student of M.Sc (Bio Chemistry) and after completion of post graduation, I would like to join in service. Please let me know what kind of jobs are available for me in India ?
7th January 2011, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i am doing MSC bio chemistry in banaras hindu university i want to do job in ccmb hyderabad how it is possible
hi i am doing msc biochem in pantnagar. pata chale to mujhe bhi batana.......
30th January 2011, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

hey i m doing biochemical engineering from kec dwarahat..................will i get the better job after compliting my b.tech
30th January 2011, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

hi i have decided to opt for bio-chemistry after my 12 th .please tell me the scopes & job oppurtunities for it in india and abroad
21st February 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

hi i am doing b.sc in biochemistry,is there any job opportunities after graduation in this field,if yes then suggest where to apply.shivani sahay,nagpur.
5th April 2011, 07:13 PM
chiranjeev90

Hi
You have choose d a very demanding and emerging field of career .
Bio chemists have plenty of opportunities in Pharmaceuticals, industrial, pathological and cosmetic field.
8th April 2011, 12:36 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Biochemistry is the area which is developing in India.

Biochemistry is all about developing the human beneficial products by using microorganisms.

It also involves the use of advanced apparatus and instruments to carry out several procedures.

At present, there are enough opportunities for the candidates who pursue Biochemistry in their graduation level.

Instead of joining Biochemistry in their post graduation level after biochemistry in graduation, surprisingly most of the candidates are switching to Chemistry in post graduation and MBA.

One can have a good life in the field of Biochemistry if he pursues P.hd
8th April 2011, 01:13 AM
kanchanyadav
Senior Member+

Hi

The scope of Biochemistry in India is wide enough .

Bio chemists have plenty of opportunities in Pharmaceuticals, industrial ,field of medical science and research , biochemical engineering, molecular biology, in the agricultural research and developments and so on...

So don't worry bio-chemistry is very good branch.
8th April 2011, 04:44 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

as this science deals with the chemistry of life which includes the molecular basis of each and every biochemical processes of microorganisms, plants, and animal systems. therefore opens up the scopes in the field of medical science and research , pharma , biochemical engineering, molecular biology, as an academicians, in the agricultural research and developments, as a biotechnologist and so on......
in short eligible for the bright career in most of the branches of life sciences...
8th April 2011, 06:34 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

Biochemistry is focused on the structure and function of cellular components, such as proteins, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and other biomolecules.....and it has good scope in india as india is hving short fall in this field.
1st May 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Hello...i m b-tech student.....i am slugging in this branch...duin 4 family reasons.
Can appear for entrance or get admission to Msc. Biochemistry or biotech programme. As i want to get into research field....aftr my completion of b-tech....plz help.
14th May 2011, 05:12 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.sc biotehnology..and i m coming in master..but which stream i choose?pls help me..and after b.sc can we get admission in mba?for that anyone exam is nessesary?
30th May 2011, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

what is job oppertunity
9th June 2011, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

i compleated my 2.i like to do bscbiochemistry.there is any scop after 5 or 6 years in this field.
15th June 2011, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

what are the scope of biochemistry and biotechnology?plaese tell me its urgent i m now passed 12th class and want to do b.sc.(hons) biochemistry
13th August 2011, 04:05 PM
Unregistered

sir i am student of m.sc.biochemistry from c.s.j.m.uni.kanpur jobs are biochemistry private area so plz define
14th August 2011, 11:55 PM
ammajii

Hi dear,

doing master degree is very good solution.
most of the places they are expecting master degrees after doing their bachelor degree
so do master degree.. i think you doing your master degree in the same what you did your bachelor degree...
means.??
you told that you have completed your bsc in biotechnology right..its best to do master degree in biotechnology itself.

and to know post graduates courses in biotechnology and
BIOTECHNOLOGY COLLEGES IN EASTERN REGION
just visit this website

http://www.indiaeduinfo.co.in/careers/biotech.htm
all the very best..dude..!!!

Thanks
13th February 2012, 09:32 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam
my name ebi am completed my ug in biochemistry and my ampition's become a professor..so what can i do for achieve..????? pls help me..
24th March 2012, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

i completed Msc biochemistry and Bed in physical science am i eligible for trb please give guidance for me my email id vanibiochemistry
5th June 2012, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know the scope of biochemistry in research.
plize tell me which has more better biochemistry or biotechnology
now i was totally confused for taking these subject.
tell me which scope is better for me
i want to do my career in research.

yours,
sofia
7th October 2012, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

i m about to complete my graduation in biochemistry in panjab uni, chd..sir/madam plz suggest me that i should pursue mu pg from here only or should go for a better institute.. i dont hav much interest in teaching also so guide for sum future opportunities...
14th January 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

How many years does it take to study biochemistry as an undergraduate?
15th January 2013, 11:28 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

BIOTECHNOLOGY:-

Educational Qualification:

Candidates having a background in science at the 10+2 level are eligible for the B.Tech course in biotechnology as well as the integrated M.Tech program at IIT Delhi. Graduates in all sciences/engineering technology/medicine are eligible for the post-graduate course in biotechnology. Admission to the integrated five year M.Tech program offered by IIT Delhi and Kharagpur is through the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE). The Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, also offers integrated M.Tech course.

In order to meet the long-term requirement of trained personnel in the multidisciplinary field of biotechnology, Department of Biotechnology also supports courses at postgraduate level in selected universities/ institutions. The courses and the number of places they are being run are:

v M.Sc. courses in general Biotechnology -- 19

v M.Sc. courses in Agricultural Biotechnology -- 03

v M.V.Sc. course in Animal Biotechnology -- 01

v M.Sc. course in Medical Biotechnology -- 01

v M.Sc. course in Marine Biotechnology -- 01

v M.Tech/M.Sc. (Tech.) in Biochemical Engineering

Bioprocess Technology and Biotechnology --05
13th February 2013, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

what is the scope of biochemistry ?

sunilpatel
bsc nursing 1st year
13th February 2013, 05:12 PM
shweta suri

Very much scope is there
u can get initial salary of 30000 rs
29th May 2014, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Sir
Im stdnt pass my 12th in scnce and I want know more about the collages whi provide Bsc biochem (best collages) in kereala
27th June 2015, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

I had compleated msc in biochem in 2ndclass in 2010 After that join to teaching feild. But i want job in comp/madical feild. So please help me.if have any opertunity please in form to this email [email protected] in india
29th June 2015, 11:31 AM
kavitagopani

Hello

There is wide scope of both the fields biotechnology as well as biochemistry. As you like both the courses it is a very easy choice for you. Go for the nearest college or institutions offering this courses. Choose the college which has optimum fee structure as you do not want to waste money.

You want to get into teaching field so you can opt for any one out it. The scope of biochemistry is good. There are many colleges which would need professors for this course.

You can then also appear for some government exams by which you can get paid high salary after post graduation. You can prepare for NET and NECLET like exams during your masters program.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?