29th May 2011, 09:22 PM
ranjeet ulari

Scope and job opportunities in Microbiology course?

what are the scope and job opportunitites of microbiology.pis tell me

3rd June 2011, 07:41 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and job opportunities in Microbiology course?

First of all its not clear whether you have completed graduation or postgraduation. If you are postgraduate then the most apt field would be to go in to the research field. Microbiologists are required in various labs, research institutes etc. Also there is opportunities in the pharmaceutical industry. You also will have options to go into the teaching field as a college lecturer. The scope after B.Sc is to go into the teaching field as a school teacher or to join as an assistant in labs. It is always recommended to pursue a postgraduation course to have better career prospects.
19th March 2012, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

Which is better/or has a better scope in India in terms of jobs n salaries-pursuing biotechnology/microbiology??
PS- i'm presently in class 12.
2nd May 2012, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

tell the scopes in microbiology and biotechnology. which is better?
13th June 2012, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

What type of job i get after compliting msc in biotech
13th June 2012, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Which course is the best?B-tec/nursing/pharm D/BCA/microbiology?which has more job oppertunity
14th June 2012, 12:02 AM
guruvana244

Microbiology is a vast field and has lot of scope. Microbiology is not a single subject. It has many areas of specialization. Many of the techniques developed by microbiologists are now used in molecular and cell biology to provide the basis for studying higher organisms.

The range of job opportunities for microbiologists is as diverse as the organisms they work with.

After BSc. one can go for MSc. MSc. too has good career prospects. Biotech is a booming sector and the growth oppurtunities are high. The Biotech sector includes - Biopharma, Biotech, Biotech services, Bioindustrial, Bioinformatics etc.

After doing MSc. Microbiology or Biotech, one can join R&D dept. of any good Biotech company. US is the best destination for Biotechnology. It stands out in the field of research as well as the biotech market is much developed in the US. Similar, is the case with UK, Canada and a few EU countries.

Good Lucks...!!

14th June 2012, 11:30 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

With your graduation degree you can become a microbiologists in food sector, biotech sector, hospitals and labs dealing with bio products.

You can also get jobs in governmental organizations and pharma industries.

Research work in this field is growing with each passing day.

So opportunites are there. You have to wait for the right one.

Good luck
29th August 2012, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

What are the career options in microbiology?
31st August 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

wht is scope of md microbiology in terms of jobs availability nd salary ?
9th November 2012, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in medical micro biology .now i am 1st year student in bsc.MB .for that what i do...?
13th December 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

What are the career options in microbiology?
24th February 2013, 09:30 PM
sbgowda

Dear friend.
A person who specializes in the area of Microbiology is called as Microbiologist. The task of microbiologists involves investigation of the fascinating world of micro organisms or microbes. Due to the advancement in the field of science and technology, the scope of research in the field of microbiology has widened

A Career in microbiology can be a lucrative option in India as well as abroad. Numerous institutions all over India and abroad offer degree programs at under graduate as well as at post graduate levels in the field of microbiology. While a Ph.D or master's degree is required for Research & Development positions, Bachelor degree holders have employment potential as laboratory technicians, aids to biological scientists or as biology teachers.

Microbiologists find jobs in many places like research and development laboratories of government and private hospitals, research organisations, pharmaceutical, food, beverage and chemical industries. Universities, research institutes and industrial companies employ microbiologists to do basic, environmental, healthcare and agricultural research.

Microbiologists can also become faculty members in Universities, Colleges or teachers in Schools, etc. For college teaching, a master's degree may be acceptable along with qualification of CSIR – NET, but a doctorate opens more avenues.

All the best
3rd June 2013, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

Can i do diploma in endocrinology after doing bs microbiology?
24th June 2013, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

which one is better bsc(microbiology) or industrial microbiology
10th August 2013, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

which is the best carrier option of microbiology
24th August 2013, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i am presently studying 2nd yr microbiology in India securing 83% in 1st yr.
i am worried about 100% jobs in India? with its less payment n not proper facilities?
therefore, i am looking a proper guidance from my senior
which lines is better either medical or industrial or molecular because this is the field that im interested in?
your suggestion n proper guideline will make our life successful.
looking forward to your guideline
thanksss....... reo.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?