15th June 2015, 01:51 AM
Unregistered

Scope and job opportunities of Masters in Microbiology and Genetics?

Hi,

I have completed Bachelor of Science majoring in Chemistry, Botany and Biotechnology from India. Now I am in United States of America and interested in pursing Masters degree. I am in a dilemma in choosing the major for Masters degree I,e between majors Microbiology and Genetics. Could you please provide the scope and job opportunities from these majors in USA? That's really help me a choose good majors for my Masters degree.

Thanks.

Related Questions:
  1. Colleges offering masters in Bioinformatics and scope for the same? Job opportunities after the course?
  2. Which has more scope and better job placement Botany or Microbiology?
  3. Scope and job opportunities in Microbiology course?
  4. What is the scope of masters in psychology? What are the job opportunities?
  5. What are the scopes and job opportunities related to BSc Microbiology?
  6. Scop of PG Diploma in Biotechnology Tissue Culture?
  7. Colleges offering PG in genetics? I have completed my UG in genetics from Calicut University
  8. What to do after masters in Microbiology? How to apply for scholarship's abr?ad/
  9. Can a MBBS student go for MSc and Ph.D integrated course in Medical Microbiology and genetics? Institute in Delhi and NCR offering the course? Any job opportunities in medical colleges?
  10. What is the scope of medical microbiology and Emuno Hematology
  11. Scope MSc in microbiology? is biotechnology much better than microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Masters in Microbiology or Masters in Biochemistry which course is better?
  13. What should I opt between MSc Microbiology, Human Genetics and Biootechnology after doing BSc Medical?
  14. Which has higher scope M.sc.Biotech or M.Sc.Microbiology?
  15. What is the scope of B.Sc in Microbiology? Which PG course should I do after that?
  16. Which subject is preferred among masters in International Relations, masters in IT or masters in Banking and Finance? -- [New]
  17. What are the job opportunities after completing masters in Pharmacy? What would be the starting salary?
  18. Which are the best colleges in masters in microbiology?
20th June 2015, 08:13 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope and job opportunities of Masters in Microbiology and Genetics?

You should go for the course in which you have more interest and you are comfortable with its fundamentals. Both microbiology and genetics are very good fields with ample scope. So go for the one in which you can excel and rise to great heights in your career.

There are various areas where you can get job after master degree course in Genetics and Microbiology. You can get jobs in government,semi-government, private sectors, pharmaceutical industries, agricultural sectors, research and development departments of government and medical field.

You can get employment opportunities in :-
- Colleges and Universities(Teaching)
- Agriculture
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Food product manufacturers
- Chemical and allied industries
- Aquaculture
- Biotechnology Parks
- Trade organization
- Research institutes and Research labs
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?