10th February 2011, 12:38 PM
Unregistered

Selection procedure and eligibility for Indian defense wing service?

sir can somebody with less then 60% marks in engineering can still join the Indian defense three wings if yes then how?

15th February 2011, 08:09 AM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Smile Re: Selection procedure and eligibility for Indian defense wing service?

Hi

Yes you can apply in Indian Air force, Army and Navy through engineering. There are are various entry schemes in which no percentage is required. The list of entry schemes in which you can apply with less then 60% marks is given below:

1.Indian Air Force
Since you are having less then 60% marks in your engineering so you can apply for the Indian Air force through following entry scheme.

a.Flying Branch through CDSE
You can apply for the flying branch through CDSE exam as there is no percentage criteria through CDSE entry. The only requirement through this entry scheme is Graduation and a candidate should have age between
19 to 23 years.
For more information relate to Indian Air force entry schemes you can log on to the carrier web site of Indian Air force which is http://careerairforce.nic.in

2.Indian Army
The mode of entries through which you can apply for the Indian Army with less then 60% marks is given below:

a.TGC (Engineers)
You can apply for the Technical Graduate course through the TGC (Engineers) entry scheme in Indian Army.
The basic eligibility criteria required is that a candidate should be BE / B Tech. and the age should be between 20 to 27 yrs.

b.Short Service Commission Non Technical Men
You can also apply for the Indian army through Short Service Commission. The candidate who are graduates and having age between 19 to 25 yrs are eligible for Indian Army through this entry scheme.

For more information related to various entry schemes of Indian Army you can log on to the official web site of Indian Army which is:
http://indianarmy.nic.in

3.Indian Navy
You are not eligible to apply for the Indian Navy as an officer through any entry scheme. So you can join Indian Army and Indian Navy through above entry schemes but you are not eligible for the Indian Navy as they required 60% in engineering for any entry scheme.

GOOD LUCK
18th February 2011, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Selection procedure and eligibility for Indian defense wing service?

I m Yogesh Pandey,i have some query about the eligibility crieteria ie. i had scored 58% marks in 10 2,so will u plz suggest me any possible way for being eligible in the indian airforce as soon as possible.
4th March 2011, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Selection procedure and eligibility for Indian defense wing service?

i am pursuing b.tech(last year) in computer science branch with 70% aggregate marks.i want to join indian army,airforce or navy as an officer.which are the various ways through which i can achieve it????
16th April 2011, 12:33 AM
Taurus007

hii

Selection procedure and eligibility for Indian defense wing service
Yes you can apply in Indian Air force, Army and Navy through engineering. There are are various entry schemes in which no percentage is required. The list of entry schemes in which you can apply with less then 60% marks is given below:
1.Indian Air Force
Since you are having less then 60% marks in your engineering so you can apply for the Indian Air force through following entry scheme.
a.Flying Branch through CDSE
You can apply for the flying branch through CDSE exam as there is no percentage criteria through CDSE entry. The only requirement through this entry scheme is Graduation and a candidate should have age between
19 to 23 years.
For more information relate to Indian Air force entry schemes you can log on to the carrier web site of Indian Air force which is http://careerairforce.nic.in
2.Indian Army
The mode of entries through which you can apply for the Indian Army with less then 60% marks is given below:
a.TGC Engineers)
You can apply for the Technical Graduate course through the TGC (Engineers) entry scheme in Indian Army.
The basic eligibility criteria required is that a candidate should be BE / B Tech. and the age should be between 20 to 27 yrs.
b.Short Service Commission Non Technical Men
You can also apply for the Indian army through Short Service Commission. The candidate who are graduates and having age between 19 to 25 yrs are eligible for Indian Army through this entry scheme.
For more information related to various entry schemes of Indian Army you can log on to the official web site of Indian Army which is:
http://indianarmy.nic.in
3.Indian Navy
You are not eligible to apply for the Indian Navy as an officer through any entry scheme. So you can join Indian Army and Indian Navy through above entry schemes but you are not eligible for the Indian Navy as they required 60% in engineering for any entry scheme.

good luck
28th April 2011, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

iam sslc passed may i join in indian army
8th June 2011, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

CAN I KNOW ABOUT THE PHYSICAL ELIGIBLITY
20th June 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

hi...iam doing final year medicine...i want to join in indian services and want to do pg....is it possible?
19th October 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

i got below 60 percent marks in 5th and 3rd semester of btech.but i have passed three compartment subject and my percentage is 60 percent in btech but 49 percent in 12th and 59 percent in 10th.can i apply for technical post through information technology field.
16th December 2011, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

sir im in 5th sem instrumentation engineer and i have CGPE 7.45 i.e equivalent to 64.75% can i apply for Indian air force/navy ....in 3rd year or 4th year........ and just i didnt want technical post......i want to be pilot in .....in which fields can i apply ...and when i.e. after graduate or in final year..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?