5th July 2011, 11:31 PM
sagar saraswat

Should I change my branch from computer science engineering to ETC just to appear for IES or UPSC exam? Is CS approved branch of UPSC or IES exam?

should i change my branch from compsc.engg to electronics telecommunication engg just to appear in indian engineering or upsc exams???
is compsc a approved branch for upsc ,ies exams?????please reply soon having less days to change my branch ...n i am confused...

Related Questions:
  1. Can electronics and instrumentation branch students apply for IES serve? What are the other options available for UPSC exam?
  2. Preparation of upsc for IES
  3. Does any of the UPSC Exam contain the syllabus of CSE?
  4. Can I apply for IES and UPSC exam after passing B.Tech 3rd year with Electronics and Instrumentation branch?
  5. Can I take up IES exam after completing engineering in information science from VTU Belgaum
  6. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  7. How many times IES examination is conducted every year ? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Are computer science students of engineering not eligible for IES exam
  9. IES Exam eligibility for BE computer science students
  10. Can a B.Tech ECE student apply for IES exam? Should I apply online or offline for the exam?
  11. Which branch would be preferable for me to prepare for UPSC after 12th std? Is computer science and engineering a good option?
  12. B.Arch branch is eligible for IES in UPSC Exam?
  13. Can a computer science graduate apply for JTO exam and IES exam?
  14. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  15. Names of the books that I should refer for IES exam? My branch is electrical
  16. Can I apply for IES exam after passing electronics and computer branch and engineering from MBM college Jodhpur?
  17. Which branch of engineering is best for IES 2016 among Electrical and Electronics & Communication? -- [New]
  18. Information about UPSC and IES exams? Syllabus and date of UPSC and IES exam?

20th July 2011, 12:30 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I change my branch from computer science engineering to ETC just to appear for IES or UPSC exam? Is CS approved branch of UPSC or IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar saraswat View Post
should i change my branch from compsc.engg to electronics telecommunication engg just to appear in indian engineering or upsc exams???
is compsc a approved branch for upsc ,ies exams?????please reply soon having less days to change my branch ...n i am confused...
Actually IES is a UPSC Exam and UPSC Is a govt body which will conduct the central govt recruitment programs like IES , CSE(Civil Services Examination) CDS(Common Defense Services) etc.,

UPSC exams are all like IES, CDS, CSE etc.,

The eligibility criteria is different for different examination of UPSC alone. I will clearly mention you the difference in the following lines so just read it carefully.

First the eligibility criteria of IES entrance : To attempt IES Entrance one should be a graduate of Engineering of any stream

and must have 21 years of minimum age.

But there is a condition he must apply for job in the following four streams only that is.
->ECE
->ETC
->EEE
->Mech
->Civil
these are the streams in which all the candidates must compete with so I hope it is better to change your stream to get a good eligibility after completing your b.tech ETC than with CSE

Because the students with the above four streams in Engineering will be in lead to get jobs so your chances are very minimal. so think upon changing the branch if you have chance.

Coming to other UPSC exams there is no need to change the branch you can happily complete your desired branch in engineering and appear for anyone of the entrance exam in future.

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~

20th July 2011, 10:38 AM
abhi789
Banned

Default Re: Should I change my branch from computer science engineering to ETC just to appear for IES or UPSC exam? Is CS approved branch of UPSC or IES exam?

since cs is not a core branch so you can not appear in upsc exam so change your branch as soon as possible.best of luck.

20th July 2011, 04:26 PM
Arsalaan

Default Re: Should I change my branch from computer science engineering to ETC just to appear for IES or UPSC exam? Is CS approved branch of UPSC or IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagar saraswat View Post
hi,
Its true that IES approves mainly of 4 branches
-Electronics
-Electrical
-Civil
-Mechanical
but ya you can appear in IES exam as the eligibility criterion for it requires a graduation degree in engineering.But you will have to take one of the above subjects.
I don't think its good to change your branch just to get through IES, it should depend on your interest in the subject and your potential to handle it.
So, i strongly recommend if you like electronics go for the change else stick to computers.
Computer science engineering has a wide scope in private sector and there are other government job oriented exams conducted by UPSC that you are very well eligible to like IAS,CDS,CSE and various other civil services exam.
you can check on:http://www.upsc.gov.in/

21st July 2011, 01:19 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

if you have only one target to join IES then you have to change your branch because CSE student are not eligible for IES exam.

Only these branch student are eligible for IES exam-

ECE
EEE
ETC
MECH
CIVIL

I will advise you that CSE is not bad branch.it is also a good branch.there are various apportuinty for CSE student in private sector.Government jobs are not so good for CSE student but private jobs are very good.

If you have only one choice thhen you have to change your branch.in my openion you have to not change your branch for only one choice.

EEE branch is also a good branch but you have to do more hard work in EEE then CSE branch.

11th August 2011, 05:33 PM
Unregistered

how can i change my branch from automobile to some another branch after 1st year in the same instution?

25th September 2011, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

why !branch change in ece chenged to the cse?

28th November 2011, 02:51 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i change my branch from automobile to some another branch after 1st year in the same instution?
If your college is affliated to osmania university then this is the criteria to change your branch.
after completion of 1st yera your college admin team will display the list of vacancies in different branches and eligibility to apply for them. if you are eligible then they will slide you from your branch to your opted branch.

these vacancies will arise because
some students fail to maintains their required attendence percentage. in that case they will get detained and that seat is kept vacant.
and some students fails in the examinations hence they also get detained and those seats also kept vacant.

so to those vacant seats only you can apply for branch change.
and coming to eligibilty criteria
it depends on the previous students. if he belongs to sc or st then that seat will be allocated to student of that category only. if more than one candidate of the same category applies for the same seat then they will look at the percentage you got in the 1st year and person with the highest percentage will be alloted the seat.

1st January 2012, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

from where i can get the IES exam syllabus? Please give me detail.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?