9th July 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Should I choose engineering or any other line after 12th? Can we get a good job and salary after engineering?

sir,i am a student of 12 (pcm) nd i am confused tht ....whether i choose engineering line ..or any other ....bcoz today ..everyone is opting for engineering ....nd ..allmost 65% of student are going for engineering.can we get a secure job nd good salary in engineering .?

Related Questions:
  1. After 12th PCM should I choose Engineering stream? Can we get a secure job and a good salary after engineering?
  2. After PCM 12th should I choose engineering as almost all of them are opting for it?
  3. can I get a good job after finishing 12th? Can I take Automobile engineering? What is the starting salary and the maximum salary?
  4. Is there a good scope in genetic engineering in future? Where will I get a job? What will be my salary?
  5. What is the best engineering line for me after passing 12th FSc Pre engineering? Should I choose CS other some other engineering?
  6. Job availability, salary and entrepreneurship opportunity in Communication Engineering, Power Engineering and Control Engineering?
  7. Which job is good when compared to electrical core and software job?
  8. Which engineering course should I choose after 12th having good scope for next 5 to 6 years? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Which BPO job is good for me and how much will be the salary?
  10. Which course should I pursue between B.H.M.C.T and B.Sc for getting a god Job with good salary? -- [New]
  11. Best career options after 12th with PCM other than Engineering?
  12. Which engineering line to choose to become an Astronaut after 12th science
  13. Which diploma course to choose after 10th to get good job and good salary?
  14. Which engineering stream should I choose to get best job?
  15. Which branch of engineering is best to get good salary in less time?
  16. How to do BSc Astrophysics? I am doing my 12th
  17. Will I get a job in any company after scoring more than 80% in engineering?
  18. Which B.Sc or M.Sc stream can get a good salary in India?
8th October 2011, 01:14 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I choose engineering or any other line after 12th? Can we get a good job and salary after engineering?

The decision to opt a career line should be purely on the basis of ones decision. It’s true that engineering is being opted by majority of the candidates. Engineering stream has high scope in terms of the job profiles and also the remuneration part. There are lots of job vacancies in both the sectors. If you want you can also opt for the career in medicine. There also lot of other graduation courses in different subject areas such as Micro biology, bio technology etc. Hence make a clear analysis of your interests and also your strengths in various areas before selecting a course.
21st January 2012, 12:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I choose engineering or any other line after 12th? Can we get a good job and salary after engineering?

Which field should I choose after completing FCs (pre-engineering)?
Right now I am doing FCs (pre-engineering). I am confused to decide which field would be better for me after pre-engineering. I have a creative mind, interested in projects building n wanna do something unique and different. I am more interested in practical work than in theory. I don't want to become a book worm. So what would me suggested to me about my future? Which subjects or field Would be best for me?
12th February 2012, 08:28 PM
Unregistered

which field should i choose after completing matric
13th February 2012, 12:22 PM
pritam02

Don't be confused with your career.First think what you want to be and which will suit you.Then decide it.If you study engineering,as it is a professional course so obviously there is a huge chance to get into corporate life and if you can join a good company there salary is also good there.Don't worry about the fact that there are too many engineers.Remember skilled persons will always get good job and good salary..So don't be tensed.Best of luck..Go ahead in your career..
14th February 2012, 12:46 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Should I choose engineering or any other line after 12th? Can we get a good job and salary after engineering?

Hi

Engineering is a basically a branch of science, which deals with the study of the technologies associated with every stream like the Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, Electronics, Computers, etc...

Engineering and Medical are considered as two of the most ever green stream to study as they would be required in the market always.

So yeah sure you can go for Engineering if you want to.

But I would suggest you that, you must go for the courses which interest you the most. Any course which you really want or desire to do from your core hear, you should go with that as it would give you the best possible results.

If you take up Engineering, your starting salary would range from 2.8- 14 lacs p.a depending on the college from where you are studying it.

Some of the other courses which are also quite popular in the market are:

BCA, BBA, B.Com, Hotel Management, Graduation in any particular subject, Language, Retail, Medical (If you had Biology in your 12th) etc and many more...

Thus whatever you do, do it very passionately and excel in it. It would automatically fetch you a healthy salary.

But even if you study Engineering, but do not study it properly you will find hard to survive.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
14th February 2012, 01:01 AM
rvidyasagar

You are at the crossroads in your career selection. You may get a scanty picture from a few people and be tempted to accept or reject certain fields.

Do remember, the final selection is yours, unless your parents are well informed and they guide and instruct you to join such and such course.

No doubt, software engineers are having a field day. But again, there are so many software guys with meagre or no salary. Also, people in management, medicine, advertising, media, law, teaching, auditing, surveying, insurance, etc do get fat salaries.

It is all in the perception and also in your family and environment situation.

Consider all these, your aptitude, the expenses involved, etc, and then take your own decision. Your school principal or your seniors can also throw lot of light on career options, with your background in mind.

All the best.
14th February 2012, 07:31 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After 12th then what you do completely depends on candidate.

What is his interest area that is depends on candidate.

After 12th many fields is open like:-

Technical line
General line

Here i attach one career finder:-

Good Luck.............
14th February 2012, 10:14 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should not be confused regarding your career that to on a very vital point of your education i.e. 12th.

Engineering is technical line and is ever green career always. Before completion of 12th you should fix your goal to which line you want to go on which absolutely depends on one's great interest and affinity towards the line.

Whether to get good job and salary depends upon one's hard work towards the the line he choose in any stream. Your first priority is to fix your interest in any one stream and go on with it seriously.

As a student from Science stream you may appear for various engineering entrance exam like IIT JEE/AIEEE/VIT/BITSAT etc.

Otherwise you may appear for the NDA exam to join Indian Navy/Air Force technical wing.

There are so many line of career which you have to choose according to your interest like BBA,BCA,LL.B., Hotel Management, Food & Nutrition Technology, Fashion & Design Technology etc.
25th May 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

which branch of engineering should i choose after 12th with merit 53.33%?
30th May 2013, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Is there any course that is better dhan Engineering?
18th February 2014, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

hi

i am in 12th standard and i have a lot of interest in space science
i want to ask that what should i do for aerospace after 12th?
which enterence exam fourm i should select for aerospace?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?