28th August 2011, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Should I do B.Tech CSE or Mechanical?

Sir, i m shahid from kashmir..sir tell me whether to do b-tech in cse or mechanical..sir my id is [email protected]

1st September 2011, 02:15 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I do B.Tech CSE or Mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, i m shahid from kashmir..sir tell me whether to do b-tech in cse or mechanical..sir my id is [email protected]

WHICH COURSE TO SELECT CSE or MECHANICAL??

The best person to think and choose among CSE or MECHANICAL is YOU alone because some will tell to take CSE and some Mechanical based on their interest but it's your interest which matters a lot to choose the course...

-> As you know CSE and Mechanical is a way too different course when compared and the field of work will totally change in the future what i mean here is.. if you are going to choose CSE you will end up working with computers which is programming.. if you choose Mechanical then you will end up working with machines and designing...

-> So just take your time and think well in which you will be able to do more, just put your abilities in both the course and check in which you are stronger and then go for it...

-> Am pretty sure you will be thinking how can i compare my abilities when i don't know anything about the course.?? but there is no other choice you have to think wide in this age and explore a lot which you are doing now and take the wise decision...

-> So go for the course which you are interested in and am sure you will excel in it...

All the Best..
1st September 2011, 03:46 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I do B.Tech CSE or Mechanical?

dear friend ,

both the branches are of different profession so selecting the branch among them is depends on the interest in the study or nature of the branch .

according to the scope in the future , the importance of the branch can be determined .

computer science and engineering is the branch which deals with the computer languages , software s and the things related about the computer.
as the market of the computer is always in the condition of up and down that is gain and collapse so the computer engineering is not as much better as the mechanical.
as the industry of the mechanical is growing day by day and it have the good scope in the future.
1st September 2011, 03:51 AM
sanju38121

helo sir, please firstly decide about your area of interest and then chose branch as per your interest . Both branches CSE and Mech. are best and after graduation you will get handsome salary packages in the industry.

All the best
regards.
1st September 2011, 09:53 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

You can go for any one branch..
Both are scopeful..
You can choose depending on your interest..
Choice is yours.
1st September 2011, 01:36 PM
Mannu2525

Dear,
It is total depend on your interest and choice. Both the branch you have mention are good but CS branch is little a bit ahead of mechanical because the job opportunities are huge in software field as compare to mechanical.

>> Some of the other factors such as quick recognition of talent, interest in programming, rapid career growth and huge salary package makes Computer science much healthier than Mechanical engineering.

>> So, i advice you to take some time and think deeply about the branch which suited you are most. After all career and decision is yours.

I hope you will go with the best.

GOOD LUCK
1st September 2011, 01:56 PM
zedge.net

ok.......friend i think i is upon you that which field you like but i reccomend you that go for cs because nowadays the demand is very high for cs and many top company take cs student like isro,hcl,kazuki,nrirtam,.................
1st September 2011, 02:54 PM
saugata2008

According to me , both the courses are good .Now the question is "In which you are interested among the two?".Because your interest in the perticuler subject will help you to get the successes ultimately.

Mechanical is a mother trade ,that means from mechanical so many branches like Marine,production are evolved .That means it is the trade which contains all the study materials of those sub trades .

Where CSE is a software related trade.where you can get knowledge about the computer languages, softwares,networking etc........

Now it is up to you .

Thank you
8th September 2011, 01:45 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
Both fields are very good for future purpose and you can get very good jobs opportunites from both of branches.So its totally depend on your interest.Both fields are totally different.
If you have interest in computer than its very good for you to choose computer branch for enginering.There are so much scope and also requirment for a computer engineer.So much requirment present in IT sector for computer engineer.So its a very good option for you.
If you have interest to do any job in public sector than its the best option to choose mechenical branch.Its an ever green branch.Its a core branch.So its also very good option for you to choose this branch.
Its depend on your interest.Choose any branch.

All the best.
15th September 2011, 11:12 PM
belide
Senior Member+++

it depends on your interest exactly
if you are interested in software go for opting cse
if you are good at mechanics
opt mechanical.
1st November 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Should I do B.Tech CSE or Mechanical?

he u must go for computers dude it haz bright future
30th December 2011, 01:05 AM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

I think you should have to go for B.tech mechanical engineering.Because ME students are in a good demand all over the world.They have good opportunities to get a job in these following field
1.Power field
2.automobiles
3.production
4.energy field
5.designing field

After completing B.tech in ME stream you can apply in these following company
1.SAIL
2.RAILWAY
3.GAIL
4.ONGC
5.TISCO
6.INDIAN OIL
7.NTPC
8.BSNL
9.DVC
10.DRDO

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

other than computer science and electrons which branch has scope in india.
30th January 2012, 09:42 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:
Hi,

there are many branches such as ECE,EEE,CSE,mech..etc

As you are asking from both the CSE and mechanical..

Mechanical is related to core companies......

And CSE related to computer sciences......

Among the Both Mechanical is better........

As we can't say the position of CSE......

All the best.......
8th March 2012, 09:24 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

there are many branches such as ECE,EEE,CSE,mech..etc

As you are asking from both the CSE and mechanical..

Mechanical is related to core companies......

And CSE related to computer sciences......

Among the Both Mechanical is better........

As we can't say the position of CSE......

All the best.......
14th April 2012, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

sir i am siva ,i'm choose cse it is beter or not , i'm need today job opportunities
15th April 2012, 07:55 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Hi,

Among all the branches i think ECE is the best branch.

CSE is also good but you have be more careful

As they have only software jobs.

better to go for other branches such as ECE and EEE.....

all the best............
10th May 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

hi frnds.....
>both branches are of different views......
>in my view both are good
>each one has they own importance
>there will b no world with out SOFTWARE development
>lly there will b no identity for computer SOFTWARES without MECHANICAL.................
>like mechtronics(mech electronics),the branch CSE MECHANICAL should b there
11th May 2012, 12:56 PM
tyler_durdun

Hello
i did not get your question properly

do you want to know about bca or bcca
always please give the question in detail
anyway both bca and bcca both are useful
when seeing bca you have scope in abroad after mca

where as bcca always there is scope because of medical need increases always

all the best
13th June 2012, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Fisr of al, it depends on your choice to chose one. You can make your choice on different criteria like: Subjects to study in course, institutes, career propsects, the related work/job you will be working, companies/firms who take them in future.
To start with::

CSE includes computer subjects like data strucutres, networks, programming in C, C++ (called object oriented programming), Java, ASP.NET, computer securities, artificial intelligence, system software, system development and maintenance, operating systems etc.. (these are subjects in general you have to study) ..

Mechanical includes subjects like fluid mechanics, strength of materials, solids, dynamics of machines, thermodynamics, designing of machines, trusses, engineering drawing, theory of machines, kinematics, work-power-energy related courses, numerical analysis, heat and mass transfer etc.

career prospects: both of them have good career prospects.

Companies::
for CSE: top ones like infosys, microsoft, wipro, TCS, HCL. acer, Dell takes CSE (or IT) students.

For mechanical: SOMA, NHAI, Sonlaika, L&T, DRDO, Indian NAVY, Mahindra tech, Indian Air Force , railways etc.
In short: If you want to go for international MNCs, CSE is better option, but for govt sector, mechanical is better.

ALSO, its believed that mechanical is an ever-green field but today CSE is high because the CSE industry is at boom and computers are being used in every field.

Jobs related::
CSE: you can be a programmer, system analyst, system developer, Project managers in IT firm, system designer/maintenance personnel.

Mech: you can be a machine designer, production engineer , tool developer in big frims, automobile engineer, involved in astronomical firms also.
Thats why its called ever-green stream
23rd June 2012, 06:50 PM
navjotsidhupamal
Senior Member++

hey...!!

(a)one thing keep in mind that both the streams are good and both have equal scope and value in future also.

(b)as technology goes on fast,so we can never say that computer science has no scope.

(c)as well as mechanical works never ends in real world,so mechanical engineering has also good scope.

(d)this whole depends upon you and your interest and your aim in life.

(e)choose that one in which you feel comfortable and feel free and relax.

all the best..!!
23rd June 2012, 10:50 PM
mshady

Quote:
Hello Shahid,

Choice between CSE and Mechanical should be based on your interest.

The good thing abour CSE is that its always easy to get job
with computer science branch, but the salary will be purely based
on your level of knowledge.

The good thing about Mechanical Engineering is that you are eligible for mechanical engineer jobs as well as for software jobs.
The other good thing is that maximum government jobs are for mechanical engineers and very less government jobs are for CSE engineers.

Overall in my opinion you should go for Mechanical engineering. hope this information will help you.
30th May 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

what is the best course in B.E. for jobs in next ten year
28th June 2013, 02:04 PM
Unregistered

actually i have found that CSE students get more packages than mechanical students........i know everything about course of mechanical branch but don't know about CSE course ... . i am really confused about these true branches ......... i think i will be comfortable in mechanics..... but i don't know what will happen in future...... i will get the VNIT,nagpur
sir, plz tell me what should i do?.........email id- [email protected]
18th September 2014, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am not intrested in physics and chemistry but i am perfect at maths and i don't known what to study either mech or cse plz tell me sir
24th May 2015, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

My name is R.karishma.i completed my 12th std i like to do engineering but i did not give any exams like cit or jee so i plan to do diploma from second year i dont know what course shall i take in diploma.
24th May 2015, 05:39 PM
alokyadav2607

Its totally depend on you that what you like. If you like mechanics subject then you should choose mechanical branch and if you like computer subject then you should choose CSE branch.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?