13th November 2010, 03:09 PM

Should I do a job or higher studies?

i want to ask wheather i should go for a job if yes than what will be the scope in my trade electronics and communication on the bases of diploma or go for further higher studies to get bettar options if yes than from which collage.

17th November 2010, 11:32 PM
vikram simha reddy

Default Re: Should I do a job or higher studies?

yes,
it is better to go for further education (b.tech). Since the salaries with diploma will be not satisfactory.If you are in economic crisis then it is better to you to go for job., but if you are economically good then choose for moving to further studies without second thought.
Since i am an engineering student of Electronics branch, i am insisting you that there will be better future if you go for further studies.The college you have to join will be decided by your rank in exam itself and move according to that. But it is better to study in universities
18th November 2010, 07:41 AM
mangesh16

Smile Re: Should I do a job or higher studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i want to ask wheather i should go for a job if yes than what will be the scope in my trade electronics and communication on the bases of diploma or go for further higher studies to get bettar options if yes than from which collage.
hiiiiiii
after doing graduation you will get job but if you do the post graduation then you will get the better salary and you are in speciallized in particular study and good advantages is that you will go to the higher post if you have completed the post graduation with good percentage
18th November 2010, 11:27 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Hi Geeta.

If your from Diploma Background then its better that you write the CET of your respected state and then go for Engineering.

If you go in search of Job then register yourself at naukri.com or timesjob.com
to get all the information you want to,but prefer to go for engineering stream.
18th November 2010, 11:39 AM
Jinu Alex

dear friend
electronics and communication is a great field as far as the recent trends are concerned. So your decision of doing a diploma in it was a wise one. But then, what i would suggest you is to go for higher studies in ECE, as if you seek job, it would be in the post of J.E (junior engineer) to the maximum.
So, if you choose to study further, and if it is in Tamil Nadu, then i would suggest you to take government colleges which would select you on the counselling and mark basis; as its these government colleges coming under Anna University, that has the highest placement figures.
Private colleges, especially the deemed ones, too are the options in front of you. But then, go through their website carefully and get all the details, especially regarding placements and then take the step ahead.
and if you are seeking for colleges in any other state, then kindly ask the students there or do net surfing.
Well, don't be lazy to study further 'as the one who has studied high is valued more and is well off comparatively. But all depends on your interests and the situations around you.
whatever be your decision, all the best. have a great future. God bless you
18th November 2010, 01:07 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

There are a lesser scope for diploma holders so its better for you to go for further studies & get a degree.As a degree in electronics & communication provides you-
1. An electronics engineer can be employed in the public and private sector industries and organizations such as the Indian Telephone Industries, MTNL, National Physical Laboratories, AIR, Civil aviation, and the police wireless departments.
2. You can also absorbed into the entertainment transmission industry, research establishments, and defense. They can also take up teaching and research in one of the many engineering colleges in India or abroad.
To go for better options you can choose the colleges like-
1. Jamia Milia Islamia(JMI)
2. CEE Delhi university
18th November 2010, 01:56 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
do higher studies if you get any prestigious institute like iit or go for job if got in good company.
18th November 2010, 02:19 PM
RAM ARUN SINGH

its is depends on ur profile & ur financial status, if ur eligible to get good job the definetly go for it. nd do the studies with distance learning.
18th November 2010, 08:05 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
if you get a good job in goverment company like bhel,hal, ou better do job for 1 or two years..then do ur hger studies..then u can easily join thje same company with high salary
18th November 2010, 09:52 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

you can opt for both,because Electronics & Telecommunication have a very good market in india.Increasing the mobile and 3G technology it increase the scopes.and various govt sectors,PSU are taking diploma engineers.Opportunity is there.

Also besides this if you wish to study B.Tech then try to complete this from a government college.

all the best.
19th November 2010, 12:20 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

I would suggest you to go for higher studies & complete Btech/BE since in India degree holders are more preferred than diploma holders. A Btech degree will increase your chances of getting a good job manifold. Plus you will also get attractive pay package with high promotional prospect.

You can take admission in BTech through lateral entry scheme. Some of the college admit diploma candidates into their btech course directly while others conduct entrance exam.

Some of the best colleges for doing Btech are:
NIIT
VIT
Jamia Milia Islamia
19th November 2010, 05:41 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

I think you better go for B.tech in Electronics and then apply for job as Many government firms like HAL,ECIL etc select with B.tech qualification and that too you are diploma that means you are having much technical concepts and defianately achieve your goal......
20th November 2010, 09:26 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

I think you better go for B.tech in Electronics and then apply for job as Many government firms like HAL,ECIL etc select with B.tech qualification and that too you are diploma that means you are having much technical concepts and defiantly achieve your goal......
9th December 2010, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

i am a 4th yr b.tech student having computer science branch. now i want to go for MBA. is it a good decission or what i have to do after this?
i am an average student having 76% in 10th, 54% in 2 and 64%in b.tech. so which college is good for me?
22nd January 2011, 10:40 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Knowing today's stiff competition and market conditions, it is best that you go for Higher studies.
It will improve your job prospects and land you in a better position for a good salary.
Graduation wont give you a good job alone.
You can go for MBA which is a management course or M.tech for higher studies of engineering.
Conversely you can also go for MS in abroad.
24th January 2011, 12:19 PM
mychandru024

going for higher studies is a better option..... ther is lot of scope for ECE. PESIT,RV,BMS are good cllleges....
3rd February 2011, 01:52 AM
shiraj
Senior Member+

Hello,

Its seems that you are quite confused right but i would say don't be!!! You can go for your higher studies as the more your qualified the more you get a good job.Pursuing qualification has no bound and so go for it.I feel higher studies would be better.You can try in some colleges like IIT's or NIT.

good luck
15th February 2011, 10:30 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Higher studies are only opted if student has genuine interest , otherwise there is no use , if you are fed up with studies, then try for placement , if you want further study, then go for GATE, GRE, CAT
20th February 2011, 05:19 PM
ankurloonia

its better to go into higher studies, I would advice you to do BSc. electronics.. and if u still have interest do MS, M.Sc M.Tech or MBA....
18th March 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

i am in a quite confusion in taking a decision that is i am a b_tech final year student in cse i have 66% up to now should i go for mtech or job plz give me suggestion plzz send u r suggestion to my email:"[email protected]"
19th March 2011, 04:58 PM
rakesh11135
Junior Member+

As you are a diploma holder so don't expect a very good job in such a competitive world but if you go for further studies then you can stand in this world.
Go for B.Tech as there you will directly get admission in 2nd year.If you have financial problem then its better to go for a job but you should also join any distance learning course for further studies.
This will help you a lot and after completing the course you can search for better job but you have to study very hard as its not easy.
10th April 2011, 12:41 PM
zeeshan87
Senior Member+

hii, do cool ENGINEERING its reaaly cool man go ahead enjoy studies.
1st May 2011, 04:33 PM
sharivikram

If you need money go to job. If you need more knowledge, go to higher studies.
27th July 2011, 12:07 PM
myspace

Since the salaries with diploma will be not satisfactory.If you are in economic crisis then it is better to you to go for job., but if you are economically good then choose for moving to further studies without second thought.
Since i am an engineering student of Electronics branch, i am insisting you that there will be better future if you go for further studies.The college you have to join will be decided by your rank in exam itself and move according to that. But it is better to study in universities

5th August 2011, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

WHAT I WILL DO FOR AFTER B.SC PHYSICS? JOBS OR HIGHER STUDIES ?
24th August 2011, 12:06 PM
Unregistered

should i do a job < e;g SHO> & DCH in IRELAND? i have an expierence of 1 year in paeds medicine
27th August 2011, 10:54 AM
amaan khan ak

Quote:
The salery for a diploma holder is not so good.If you want to do a job after

diploma so there is not a good scope after diploma.You should do your higher

studies.You should do engineering after diploma.this the best option for

you.you can get admission in engineering college in 2nd year.You can do job

after engineering.there is so much scope after engineering.

All the best
28th August 2011, 02:23 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
There are lots of options there, i am giving you idea.You can go for Higher studies like GATE,GRE(graduate Record Examination),MBA or you can go for job, like banking sector,public sector or private sector.Various job criterion are as below:

Criterion for bank PO exams are as below:
1>you have to be a graduate with 60% marks(5% relaxation for SC/ST and OBC)
2>Your age should be between 21-30(5 year relaxation for SC/ST and 3 year relaxation for OBC)

The criterion for bank clerical exam is :
1> 12th pass with 60% marks(5% relaxation for SC/ST and OBC)
2>Age should be between 18-27(5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
Dear, I am happy to say that you are eligible, and if you are really interested than try to practice from the book RS Agarwal and a magazine "Pratiyogita Kiran" these are the two best study material for bank exams.
Lots of vacancies are there in the banks,you will have many chances , but try to make it at first chance.

In the exam there will be
1>General English

To become an IAS(Indian Administrative Service) officer the below qualifications are needed.
1>You have to be a graduate from any recognized university by Govt. of India.
2>Your age should be between 21-30(5% relaxation for SC/ST and 3% relaxation for OBC)
3>You should be an Indian

IAS exam comes under UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and the name of the exam is CSE(Civil Service Commission)
One more thing you should remember that you can take only 4 chances(7 for OBC and SC/ST can take until the age limit exceeds)
And if you thinking for higher study then options are:

You have lots of option after completing your B.Tech,B.Tech is degree after which you can go to almost any course.
Most of the students tries for MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech.A good option is there that is you can try for GRE(Graduate Record Examination),it is very tough exam but no body can stop your future once you get chance to GRE,you will have chance to go to abroad.You have to study GRE Barron for that.
Also my friend you can go for IAS or IPS which comes under CSE conducted by UPSC.
You can for DRDO also.
But you should take your decision at your own what to do.
All the best
29th July 2012, 01:37 PM
rch91

Quote:
after diploma i think you should go for further studies as it will open many career opportunities for you.You can be placed in companies offering higher packages. it will also increase your knowledge and after diploma you can get admission directly in 2nd year.
23rd May 2013, 05:19 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Diploma will help you get the job but you wont be able to earn good salary.
Earlier Diploma was a big thing but scenario has changed. In today's world even graduation has become a small thing.

You should surely go for higher studies. With higher studies, you will get good job, recognition and promotion. Opportunities after graduation are much more.

All the best
17th June 2023, 12:29 PM
Nikhil202k
Banned

Deciding whether to pursue a job or higher studies is a personal decision that depends on various factors such as your career goals, interests, financial situation, and personal circumstances. Here are some points to consider when making this decision:

Career Goals: Evaluate your long-term career goals and consider whether further education aligns with those goals. Some professions may require advanced degrees or specialized knowledge, while others may prioritize work experience. Research the career paths you are interested in and determine if higher studies will provide you with a competitive advantage or help you reach your desired positions.

Industry Requirements: Research the specific industry or field you want to work in. Determine if a higher degree is necessary or valued in that industry. Some fields, such as academia, research, or certain technical roles, may require advanced degrees, while others may prioritize practical skills and work experience.

Personal Interests and Passion: Consider your personal interests and passion for learning. If you have a genuine interest in a particular subject and enjoy the academic environment, pursuing higher studies may be fulfilling and enjoyable for you.

Financial Considerations: Evaluate the financial implications of both options. Higher studies often come with expenses such as tuition fees, living costs, and potential loss of income if you quit a job to pursue further education. On the other hand, a job provides an opportunity to earn a salary and gain practical experience.

Timing and Readiness: Consider your readiness for higher studies. Assess whether you are mentally and emotionally prepared to invest more time and effort into academic pursuits. Alternatively, if you feel that gaining practical experience and entering the workforce will benefit you at this stage, starting a job may be the right choice.

Flexibility and Career Advancement: Evaluate how each option contributes to your long-term career advancement and flexibility. Some industries may value work experience and offer opportunities for career progression without a higher degree. On the other hand, higher studies can provide specialized knowledge, research opportunities, and access to higher-level positions in certain fields.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?