22nd March 2012, 09:34 AM
Anupam.raj05

Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?

Dear respected sir,
my name is anupam, i have scored 40% in 10th board exam, and scored 75% in 12th N.I.O.S should i go for engineering..will it effect in campus selection..?

Related Questions:
  1. Will it be a problem if I have low percentage in 12th to attend campus placements?
  2. Eligibility criteria for placements in Software companies? What should I answer the interviewers when they question me about my low marks in class 12th?
  3. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placements
  4. For which Companies I can apply for Job Placements being a candidate having scored 79% in 10th, 43% in 12th and 60% in BE course?
  5. How to get into IIM after scoring low marks in 12th?
  6. Will the low percentage in 12th affect placements having secured 84% in 10th, 55% in 12th and may secure 80% in B.Tech?
  7. Will my 12th low marks and a year gap affect campus placements?
  8. Job placements after B.E with less than 60% marks in 12th standard?
  9. Low percentage in 10th will affect my future studies? -- [New]
  10. Minimum percentage of marks in 10th and 12th for Aeronautical Engineering? Best colleges available for good placements? Is there any scholarship available for Aeronautical Engineering?
  11. How much marks percentage is required in 10th and 12th to be eligible for the campus placements?
  12. Effect of 10th class percentage in campus placement? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How can I get a good job after completing MBA with good marks? I've got 67% in 10th, 78% in 12th and 56% marks in B.Com undergraduate
  14. Am I eligible for placements after scoring 58% in 12th? List of companies which will consider only B.E marks?
  15. Will I be eligible for placements in CTS after scoring 60% with 2 backlogs in 3rd year?
  16. How much is the percentage required to join in Air Force? I have scored 57% in 10th class
  17. Is 12th low percentage a problem during campus recruitment after B.Tech?
  18. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?
26th May 2012, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?

i got 55 percent aggrigate and 49% in pcm so do i qualify for b.tec in any colleges
26th May 2012, 06:42 PM
ab7777

Default Re: Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam.raj05 View Post
Dear respected sir,
my name is anupam, i have scored 40% in 10th board exam, and scored 75% in 12th N.I.O.S should i go for engineering..will it effect in campus selection..?
Hi Anupam

Your 12th board exam marks indicate that you have a good aptitude and can look to pursue engineering if you feel that you have an inclination towards it. The decision totally depends upon you, if you feel you can work hard with zeal and passion, you will succeed at any course you do, be it engineering or management studies or any other course.

Coming to placements, 10th and 12th marks do matter a little as they go in your resume but majorly it is the marks and grades you obtain in the four years of the degree course(engineering) to get placed in a good reputed firm.
You neednt lose hope, you can do well in your 4 year course and cover it up for your average marks in 10th.

Good luck
28th July 2012, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

I am having less than 50% in class xii in b.c.a i have scored more than 75%. I am planning to do MBA will class 12 marks will affect my placement?? please help me .
29th July 2012, 03:38 PM
ab7777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am having less than 50% in class xii in b.c.a i have scored more than 75%. I am planning to do MBA will class 12 marks will affect my placement?? please help me .
Hi friend
Your academic record surely has an important role to play during your placements. The top reputed companies have a minimum marks criteria throughout one's academic carrier and class 10, 12 and graduation marks will matter most during the process. It will hamper your chances of making it to the top companies but you have done well in your graduation so if you have a valid reason for your poor performance in class 12, it may be considered as long as you manage to score well in your post graduation as well.

Also your personality and skills in real world will be taken into account during the placements so if you manage to win over the judgement panel with all of that it will help to cover up for that one poor performance in 12th.

But you should not lose hope, you must look forward to complete your MBA with a lot of effort and put the past behind you, and I'm sure the MBA will boost your profile for a good career in the future.

Good luck
29th July 2012, 07:36 PM
Srikar achill

No sir you will not have any problem with those percentages.you can join the btech course and maintain good percentage so that you can be placed in good companies.good luck.
29th July 2012, 08:58 PM
kalyan chakri

yes you can.....
you have improved much in 2 years ...that will be your advantage
go for engineering
try to gain communication skills
and have basic knowledge on your subject...
then there is no problem of thinking about jobs...
good luck
2nd August 2012, 07:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i have scored 53 in 10th and 58 in 12th but i m in a good repued college of ipu will these board exams effect my placement reply asap !!! n if it is tell me a solution to it n mail me sir its ( [email protected] )
4th November 2012, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

what is beter cource is polytechnic or bba after 12th with 53% marks
4th November 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

what is beter is polytechnic or bba after 12th
8th February 2013, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,my name is ankit and i want to study in canada after my Bsc final year in india,but the thing which troubles me is my Percentage in the 10th which is 47% and in 12th which is 67%,m about to appear in my Bsc 1st year exam in march and im well prepared for it.
I just wanted to know that would there be any chance for my acceptance in the universities of canada,with this percentage ..?and how much do you think i should get in my bsc,to increase my chances of acceptance in the canadian universities..?
Thank you sir.
8th February 2013, 11:08 PM
Sikdu

sorry to say friend but it will efect your placement cause most of the companies have eligibility of minimum of 60% for sitting in placement..but you still do not loose hope.you should go and do hard work as hard work never goes waste
good luck
9th February 2013, 01:22 PM
Beawar

Dear..

Now a days a through out good marks are essential as many companies has declared that through out good marks candidate are only eligible for the exam.

But as we can see from you marks that you have improved a lot in the recent year and you have almost doubled the percentage that you got in your previous board so i must say that you should go for engineering.

The best thing that you should do now is to prepare well for the entrance exam and then after ensure that you are getting the best college and i am sure then placement would not be a big cause of worry for you then.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
11th July 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i have got 55% in 12th and 81% in 10th can i do b.tech can i seat in campus selection
1st September 2013, 05:35 PM
raghavamaruthi

Dear friend,

Your placements did not depend on your 10th or 12th pecentage.It also does not totally depend on your performance in B-Tech exams.

It totally depend on what you have really learnt in your course that means your grip on particular course much affects your placements.If you have good subject knowledge and good communication skills,you will succeed in getting good placement as communication skills are considered during interview.

Your placement also depend on your B-Tech studied college,as the companies came to the college depending up on popularity and the college's quality in education.

So i suggest you to join in engineering college only after enquiring about placements

Good luck.
15th March 2014, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Well I got 91.2% in 10th I will be getting only around 80% in 12th what can I do? can I opt for engineering or something else? I scared whether I will a job if I don't take engineering so I need help!
2nd April 2014, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

I am interested in software engineering but I got 50% marks in class10th so I could not take non-med so what should I do?I am confused about what to take in 1 I am good in maths and English but not in sciences Please help me
11th May 2014, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I have 68% in 10th and 56% In 12th. Am I eligible for doing mba in canada? I m an indian.
20th May 2014, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

I have got 65% in 10 cbsc board and i want to take maths will i be able to do so
4th June 2014, 04:15 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 60% in 12th board and 47% in pcm m i eligibal for engineering plzz help me
4th June 2014, 04:19 AM
Unregistered

I have scored 60% in 12th board and 47% in pcm m i eligibal for engineering plzz help me
6th June 2014, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 56% in 12th board and 44% in pcm, can I get good job after a good ranking in btech.Please help me. I am feeling a big problem from my family for bad result in H.S. Though I have a good persentage in 10th board with 82%. I decide to learn in computer engineering, because its my febourit subject....Please help me imidiately in [email protected]
26th July 2014, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i have70% in 10th in 12th i have 54.5%in b.tech i have 65% i am eligible for software jobs
27th November 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

i am really weak in mathematics and i want the subject PCM where i am not good in physics too can i get some advice for what to do in my future for a better career filed
13th June 2015, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir my percentage in 12th is 70% and I want to BBA please suggest me good college With this percentage as soon as possible
23rd October 2015, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

i am in 10th and in 1 semester my marks low nearby 70% and i can increase my result but suppose i got 75% overall does 10 grade matters in iit or job or college
18th February 2016, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

sir my 10th marks is 65% and 12th marks is 53% ,I doing engg. in computer sci. second year will 12th poor marks affect my carrier....
29th April 2016, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I Got 50.67% percent in 12th science Should i get admission in B.E or B.tech field sir i am interested in Aeronautical engineering should i get admission in It
Sir please guidance me as soon as possible.........
16th July 2017, 01:33 AM
Unregistered

Actually I have 48% in 10th and 46.87% in 12th and 56% in Graduation (economic). By I want to do MBA.. But will my low percentage in academic year effects on my MBA placement.. Is my future save?
17th July 2017, 06:49 AM
rohit tihor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupam.raj05 View Post
Dear respected sir,
I didn't think that your previous marks will effect your campus placement, what will affect is your btech academic marks and your personality. So don't be so negative that if you have score less marks in your 10th &12th std then you will not get placement leave the past in the past only and don't judge according to that just take admission in btech college concentrate on the academic studies plus practical study which will build your knowledge develop your personality and communication skills as it is the most important for your interview session.
28th April 2019, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I have got 79.5percentage in 2nd puc board exam I like to join B.E will I?
1st May 2020, 01:44 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Yes, you can definitely go for the course as you have scoted good marks in your 12 standard
The marks that you have scored in your 10 wont matter
The eligibility for getting admission into an engineering college is
Candidate must score at least 50% in 12 standard in physics, chemistry and mathematics
Candidate must be of 17 years at the time of admission
As you fulfill the above criteria you are eligible for the admission
Your 10 marks wont matter much unless you will opt for the best placement but mostly your marks must not trouble you during the placement
5th May 2020, 06:00 PM
sirtbhopal

Smile Re: Should I go for Engineering course having scored 40% in 10th and 75% in 12th Class? Will this low percentage of marks effect my Placements?

Yes sure.....you have improved much in 2 years ...that will be your advantage. You can take admission any private engineering college easily. Improve your communication skill and work hard. Then there is no problem of thinking about jobs.
Best of Luck
4th August 2020, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Sir my 10 marks is 67% and now I am giving 12 ,if I score 90% above then will I get admission in engineering college????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?