11th October 2011, 10:58 AM
patel.bhupendra5

Should I go for M.Tech after doing B.Tech CSE? Benefits of doing M.Tech? Syllabus of GATE exam?

i am a student of btech cse 3rd year and i want to ask should i go for m tech?what's the benefit of doing mtech?
plz also tell me what's the syllabus for GATE(cse)
and also the study materials like books etc..

Related Questions:
12th October 2011, 08:37 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech after doing B.Tech CSE? Benefits of doing M.Tech? Syllabus of GATE exam?

after B.Tech if are interested to higher study and if you are technically good then you should go for M.Tech. if you do M.Tech then job opportunity scope will be more than B.Tech. some extra advantages of M.Tech is-

after M.Tech you may join as a lecturer in any engineering institute. you will be eligible for lecturer post.

you may also go for P.hd study or in research field. even for same post M.Tech candidates are paid more by the company than a B.tech candidate. so obviously if you have interest you should go for M.Tech.

here i am attaching the syllabus of the GATE 2012 examination for computer science engineering branch. go through the attachment file to get the syllabus.

best of luck for GATE examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs.pdf(111.0 KB, 205 views)
12th October 2011, 10:53 PM
rishavmahajan

Default Re: Should I go for M.Tech after doing B.Tech CSE? Benefits of doing M.Tech? Syllabus of GATE exam?

Hi,

yes, you can opt for M.tech. It is a good and demanding field. Also after Doing M.tech you can get a job into MNC'S with high profile. Also you can be the professor in any degree college with very high scale.In case of books , firstly you should go with your engineering books thoroughly . Subjects like automata ,c , c++ , datastructures , database should be on the tips. For syllabus of GATE kindly refer to link given below :

http://www.onestopgate.com/gate-2008...ngineering.asp

Thanks & Regards,
Rishav Mahajan
21st June 2012, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

what about mba-it?
5th July 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

WILL ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL ALSO BE ON BOOM AFTER 4-5 YEARS
17th June 2013, 02:44 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

If you want to work as engineer and if you see yourself in any good engineering company then you should go for M.Tech

M.Tech is not necessary but these days post graduation are much preferred. M.Tech would give you better job, good salary and upper hand in promotion.

If you are going for M.Tech, then make sure you are do it from the best institute to get the best working profile and best salary.

Generally syllabus for GATE exam is your b.Tech or BE syllabus uptill 6th semester.
You can refer GATE preparation material by G.K. Publication

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?