5th July 2011, 02:47 AM
Binay kumar sahu

Should I prepare for JEE for 1 year or should I go for a private college in Orissa? Which college is better for me?

My odisha jee rank is 15011. Can i stay 1 year for prepration of IIT JEE or go any private collage? Or
Which college is bater for me?

Related Questions:
  1. Date of start of Orissa JEE counseling? Which is the best private college of Orissa?
  2. When will the Orissa JEE counseling start? Which are the best private colleges in Orissa?
  3. Can I get silicon college C.V raman college or CET in Orissa? I got rank 580 in Orissa JEE
  4. Which engineering college is better for me after scoring Odisha JEE rank of 15011? Should I prepare for IIT JEE, AIEEE entrance exam for 1 year or should I go for any private college? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which college will I get with 9689 rank in outside state orissa JEE? Can I get computer science and engineering in CV Raman, Sillicon, Orissa Engineering College?
  6. Which are the colleges providing facility of B.Ed course in correspondence in the state of Odisha?
  7. What is the fee of 1st semester for CS branch? What is the admission process?
  8. Which College can I get with rank 10,000-11,000 in Orissa JEE?
  9. Which college can I get after scoring 465 general rank in Orissa JEE? What is the total fee structure?
  10. Are there any private colleges at Orissa?
  11. In which college can I get admission with electrical engineering stream? I have secured 933(ST) rank in Orissa JEE. Can I get admission in CV Raman, Gandhi Institute of Technology or Advancement, Orissa engineering college?
  12. Which college will I get through counseling after scoring 13580 in Orissa JEE?
  13. Should I prepare and give jee main again or get admitted to any college?
  14. Admission procedure for Western Orissa Private Medical College for native students? -- [New]
  15. Should I join any college or prepare again for JEE Main if scored 69 marks?
  16. Best college for Mechanical or Aeronautical branch for me if I score 4776 in Orissa JEE?
  17. Which college I can get with AIEEE AIR 106327 and state(Orissa) category rank 1322?
  18. Can I get admission in good college of Orissa with rank 2669 in OJEE?
5th July 2011, 07:22 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prepare for JEE for 1 year or should I go for a private college in Orissa? Which college is better for me?

hi dear

if you are confidence,
after 1 year preparation you get a good rank then you
prepare 1 year and try for IIT JEE.

if then your rank is not good in IIT ,
then must your rank is good in OJEE.

but prepare yourself well ....................

GOOD LUCK...............
5th July 2011, 09:06 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I prepare for JEE for 1 year or should I go for a private college in Orissa? Which college is better for me?

this will totally depends on you. if you are very much confident that you will be able to clear IIT JEE examination in next year then obviously you may prepare for 1year. because IITs are the best Institution of India for technical study. so one year gap will not matter if you get chance in IIT.

but unfortunately if you fail to clear the IIT JEE examination next year then either you have to do good rank in AIEEE or in Orissa JEE. it is fact that so many students try for good rank in next year but they fail. also there are so many students those make good rank after one year preparation. even those are in top 10 or 20 of IIT JEE most of them are the students those are preparing for IIT JEE from one year.

if you choose that you will prepare for IIT JEE examination then i will suggest you to start study from now. cover whole syllabus of IIT JEE and clear the basic parts of the subject. try to solve multiple choice questions in less time in less effort. try to know the trick how to solve nay problem with less time. increase your thinking power. buy some good books for your preparation.

you may also take admission in a good coaching institution. then they will provide very good study material for your preparation. also mock test conducted by them for IIT JEE preparation is very much helpful to crack IIT JEE examination. so you may go for it. but above all you have to study attentive you have to give your best effort to do good rank in IIT JEE.

best of luck.
5th July 2011, 09:24 AM
digvijaygarg

dear user
You should first ask yourself that wether you can give a year time in preparing and are sure to crack the test...
If you drop for a year then better prepare for AIEEE and BITSAT also...Because a good rank in these tests will help you get a good engineering college
If you feel you are not willing to waste 1 year then take admission and be good in whatever field you take
Most companies especially IT companies visit colleges as manpower required is very large
Good Luck
5th July 2011, 12:13 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
Preparing for IIT JEE for one year or taking admission in a private college totally depends on you. If you think that next year you can crack IIT JEE with good ranking then wait and prepare diligently. But if you fail to get a good rank in IIT JEE then you will loose one whole year. In that case it would be better to take admission in a private college.
Few of the Orrissa's colleges are listed below...

1 Ajay Binay Institute of Technology Badambadi Cuttack CSE - Electrical - ECE - Mech
2 Behrampur University Gandhi Institute of Tech Gunupur Rayagad Chemical - CSE - IT - Mech - Electrical
3 Bhadrak Institute of Engineering and Technolo Bhadrak CSE - Electrical - ECE - Mech
4 CMC College of Engineering and Technology Cuttak CSE - Electrical - ECE
5 College of Agricultural Engineering & Technol Bhubaneshwar B.Sc.(Ag Engg & Tech.) B.Sc.Engg.(Civil) / (Mech.) M.Sc.(Ag. Engg. & Tech)
6 College of Agriculture Engineering and Techno Bhubaneshwar Mech - Electrical
7 College of Engineering Pathara Gadia Bhubaneshwar ECE - IT - Mech
8 College of Engineering Saranga BSc.Engg
9 College of Engineering & Technology Khurda, Bhubaneswar BSc.Engg
10 College of Engineering and Technology Bhubaneshwar Civil - CSE
11 College of Engineering and Technology IEM Raniput Gaurahari Vihar Jeypore Civil - CSE - Electrical - ECE
12 CV Raman College of Engineering Bhubaneshwar CSE - ECE - IT - Mech
13 Dhaneshwar Rath Institute of Engineering and Cuttack CSE - Electrical - ECE
14 Gandhi Institute of Technology Gunupur Rayagad Electronics and Communication Engineering
15 Ghanshyam Hemla Institute of Technology Puri CSE - ECE - Mech - IT - Electrical
16 Indira Gandhi Institute of Technology Sarang Electrical - Industrial - Mech
17 Institute of Technology Gyan Vihar Bhubaneshwar CSE - Electrical - ECE - IT - Mech
18 Institute of Textile Technology Chowdwar Cuttak Textile Engineering
19 Jagannath Institute of Engineering and Techno Cuttack CSE - ECE - Mech
20 Jagannath Institute of Technology Parlakhemundi Gajapati Chemical - CSE - Electrical - ECE - IT - Mech

Best Wishes...
5th July 2011, 12:24 PM

u have a nice question i am from orissa and i was also experienced the same then in my view if you have the ability and self confidence that you could crack iit jee with a good rank then it is wise to prepare for 1 year but if you are lacking confidence then do'nt take risk there are good private colleges in orissa like silicon , nist berampur then c.v raman so ask urself
6th July 2011, 12:53 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Just like the degree that you are going to do, the college where you are going to do your course is also very important. Getting admission to any one of the IIT’s is a dream come true for those students who aspire to become engineers. Cracking the IIT’s is a difficult task. But with careful and dedicated preparation it can be achieved. So if you are fully confident in yourself for sacrificing one year and preparing for the IIT JEE, then yes go for it. IIT’s should not be even compared with Private colleges. The fees that the Private colleges charge will be very high. If you feel that you can do it, then study for IIT JEE or else you can join any college in your locality.
18th July 2011, 03:08 PM
Unregistered

I got 1586 rank in orissa-jee 2011 and i m not getting good private colleges(like CV Raman,Silicon and NIST)which i had expected,so should i take a drop for 1 year and prepare for IIT-JEE and AIEEE or I should take admission in any private college in orissa?
11th January 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

if i'll not able to score any good rank in medical entrance ,then i've to prepare for one year or not.
6th June 2012, 07:56 AM
Unregistered

I have 6336 rank in orissa jee 2012 as an outside-state candidate. I want to know which college can i get and will it provide me a desired placement or not. i am also thinking for dropping an year to get into nit at least but my parents are pressurising me to get into a private college. They say that i can get a good one with my rank. But i dont believe them, someone may have misguided them. I am in a great trouble, please help me :'(
7th June 2012, 04:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you are well confident that you can crack IIT-JEE next year, then stay for 1 year and work hard to crack IIT-JEE exam. AIEEE is an alternate option if you fail to crack IIT-JEE exam.
IITs are the best institutions in India for Engineering. So only best students who are perfect in their concepts get selected in IIT-JEE. I would suggest you to join a coaching that will prepare you for this exam.
Kota will be the best place to study for this exam. There you may find many reputed coachings which give many selections all over India in IIT-JEE.
Many students could not crack IIT-JEE in their first attempt and try another chance but many of them loss their will power in their first attempt and take admission in a private college.
I would suggest you to be determined that you can do it the next time you attempt. IIT-JEE is not very tough. You can do it if you are determined.
Best of Luck!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?