30th April 2010, 02:21 PM
Shivangni Sarin

Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

I'm currently in class tenth, i want to crack AFMC, can u recommend what shall i study ie besides 11th n 12th's textbooks.

1st May 2010, 01:18 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

For AFMC you should be really good at concepts since there are lots of conceptual problems in this exam. Its considered as 2nd toughest after AIPMT.

For AFMC first focus to complete the NCERT which are your normal 11th and 12th books. After you complete it you can try HC Verma for physics, Arihant for Chemistry and Arihant for biology

Actually for Chem and Bio NCERT will be sufficient to get through but for Physics you will need to practice a lot. So follow the books I mentioned and see yourself in AFMC next year. Cheers

1st May 2010, 07:36 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

yes, i think it is best for you, if you are prepared for this exams
and get coaching in 11th and 12th class. I think Coimbatore is
the best coaching institute of AFMC. The paper are mostly come
from 11th and 12th class subject like physics, chemistry and
biology.

Generally, written test for MBBS courses of AFMC consists of the following
pattern 200 questions: 50 each of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 25 each
of English, and Intelligence, logic and reasoning........

ok
all the best.

1st May 2010, 02:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivangni Sarin View Post
I'm currently in class tenth, i want to crack AFMC, can u recommend what shall i study ie besides 11th n 12th's textbooks.
Ya Pathfinder has explained well, NCERT will bethe best choice.

Apart from that you can also opt for Followings:-

Books of O.P.Tandon for Chemistry.

Concepts of Physics of H.C.Verma for Physics, but remember solving and understanding H.C.Verma is not an easy task,but if you able to build that comcept then you will be able to crack even Omlympiad Physics.

Books of Pradeep & Dinesh for Biology.

Get sample papers and Guide to AFMC entrance of Arihant publications.And waht esle work hard.

Best of Luck

1st May 2010, 04:58 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend
It completely depends on the student itself that if he/she needs coaching or he/she is confident and sincere enough to crack the exam.
These days the competition for these exams are very high as there use to be a much greater no. of participants than 5-6 years before and is increasing day by day.
The coaching classes make us able to move faster and rather more efficiently. In self study we explore each and everything but with coaching we get explored concepts and in a much easier way so that it becomes easily understandable. Also the test series helps in determining the current preparation status.
I would like you to suggest that if your financial conditions are good enough to a join a good coaching institution then must go for one. It would cost you around 1 lac for a 2 yr program.
The best institution for the same are ALLEN(KOTA), AKASH (Delhi).

About the book

The main theme of any major entrance exams use to be the basic concepts. The ncert books are the best option to review all the concepts as it contains whole the syllabus as well as students use to be familiar with this. So, ncert is preferred for all the entrance exams to review them well. But, if one is going through ncert books well then one must practice well with the mock test paper and last year question paper for the same so that the fundamental are brushed up and also it gives lot of confidence.
Therefore I would suggest you to refer ncert books for theory brush up and then practice last year question paper from Arihant or Mtg's question bank.

Apart from PHY CHE BIO there use to be two more subjects in AFMC
Intelligence, Logic and Reasoning ,
English Language and Comprehension
These two papers are very scoring so one needs to prepare these two very well.

Thank You

5th May 2010, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

how can we prepare for logic and reasoning type questions.

6th May 2010, 02:01 AM
edward
Top Answerer

according to me you should join some coaching institute for the preparation as the syllabus for the exam is very high level and you will be not be able to understand it without anyone guidance...........

the coaching institute teacher will make you understand the whole concepts..........n i am sure when you will be appearing for the exam,you will score very good marks.........keep the spirit up........

all the best

6th May 2010, 11:10 AM
dattatreya sitaram

Quote:
dear freind,

preparation for afmc exam must be perfectly planned. and you schould maintain the spirit till the end of +2.

the recommened series for cracking afmc are:

for biology-dineshpublications
physics-hc verma
chemistry-pradeep publications
and aspirants opt to crack in afmc must be perfect with the basics,so
you be thorough with the ncert books,and also brillient correspondence course banglore is also recommended ALLTHE BEST

6th May 2010, 03:54 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward View Post
according to me you should join some coaching institute for the preparation as the syllabus for the exam is very high level and you will be not be able to understand it without anyone guidance...........

the coaching institute teacher will make you understand the whole concepts..........n i am sure when you will be appearing for the exam,you will score very good marks.........keep the spirit up........

all the best
For logic and reasoning type of question you need to practice a lot. Buy the books which will help you to practice logic and reasoning type of questions.

There are many website which help you to practice logic and reasoning problems.

You can also buy BITSAT 2010 by arihant and there is a section logic and reasoning wherein you will find good explanation and theory

so try it

Cheers

6th May 2010, 04:09 PM
Senior Member+++

hi friend for AFMC that is a exam for medical field students you need to have good command on solving more and more objective type questions and for this you have to practise a lot and also you have to score good in your 11th and 12th exam and for this i would like to suggest you to complete and clear your NCERT syllabus completely and side by side work from the entrance level books available easily in the market that will provide you last year question papers

6th May 2010, 10:56 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

taking coachinf for AFMC wont be the bad idea as it will give you extra knowledge and increase your skill and the practice will make you more and more confident about the exam as well as the give you the idea about it.
do take it and follow it seriously

11th May 2010, 02:56 PM
amitforever
Senior Member+

dear friend
it is a fact that cracking medical entrance exam in any form is not a easy task , a proper strategy ,time management, a proper guidence, and a lot of hard work, so its better for u to join a institute for the preparation of afmc exam
best of luck for your future

15th May 2010, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

WHAT EXACTLY IS THE TIME NEEDED BY ONE TO PREPARE FOR AFMC...???

30th May 2010, 07:02 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
it's totally depends on you,but as per my opinion you must take coaching in 11th and 12th for Afmc.it will help you preparing well for the exam and make good strategy.
all the best.

31st May 2010, 01:50 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
yes to crack the afmc you must have to study besides the text book,and in that case the coaching or institute is the best option for you,there you will get a platform also there you will study how to solve the question ,and also you will get test there to Anallise your self.

31st May 2010, 02:11 PM
nalanda
Senior Member++

hi friend,
yes to crack the afmc you must have to study besides the text book,and in that case the coaching or institute is the best option for you,there you will get a platform also there you will study how to solve the question ,and also you will get test there to Anallise your self.

31st May 2010, 06:12 PM
bholag

dear friend,
according to me if want to crack the exam of AFMC then you should take coaching classes provided by good institute are
ALLEN institute
Narayana coaching institute
it will be better if you join at 11th std.

15th July 2010, 06:44 PM
9A2M00
Senior Member+

brilliant tutorial and akash caoaching centre is one of the best in india.
their centres are there in all over india,you can gather something there.
they have postal courses too.
you should try them

16th July 2010, 12:20 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

dear friend
you must have to study besides the text book,and in that case the coaching or institute is the best option for you,there you will get a platform also there you will study how to solve the question ,and also you will get test there to Anallise your self.

16th July 2010, 12:41 AM
amit1057
Senior Member+

dear friend
you must have to study besides the text book,and in that case the coaching or institute is the best option for you,there you will get a platform also there you will study how to solve the question ,and also you will get test there to Anallise your self.

26th July 2010, 12:19 AM
agentroy
Senior Member+

hi
as the afmc exam is very hard so it will be benefit for you if you join any of the coaching institute for the preparation,as in the institute you will get the proper guide and the exact knowledge of the question pattern of the afmc exam

26th July 2010, 12:49 AM

Thumbs up Re: Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

Quote:
You should study only your syllabus thats sufficent.but you have to clear basic knowledge and try to do self-study.

26th July 2010, 01:37 AM
Rupaksinha

hello,

That's great you are thinking for your future. For AFMC no need to take coaching,you just go for some reference books of physics,chemistry and biology apart from your text book of 11th-12th. ok. If you think that you must have to take some extra coaching then go for the test classes for these subjects....ok

26th July 2010, 01:02 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

It is good to know that you want to crack AFMC.
Well, it be great if you join coaching as they will train you very well for the same, and you will have a clear concept of the topics which sometimes is difficult if we have no one to guide us.

In case, you want to know thee books to refer, then i recommend H.C.Verma, believe me it is the best book available for physics for this level, It has numerous problems in both of its volumes.
Also, in case of chemistry and biology, i think the books of NCERT publication would be good enough, but still if you want to go in for further reference, you can use pradeep's fundamentals for chemistry and S.Dinesh for biology.

Good Luck!

26th July 2010, 04:31 PM
subhash5687
Banned

Smile Re: Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

Quote:
yes you can take caouching but you should also pay full cocentration towards ur 11th class becoause it is not so easy its physics so much conseptual.if u can do that much hard work than go head .strictly
best of luck dear

31st July 2010, 07:45 PM
N.MD.AZHARUDDIN
Senior Member+

hii friend yeah you can join any coaching centres for the syallbus because you cant manage alone with your own preparations.... so you need to join a coaching class for the examz............

regards
azhar

7th August 2010, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that what was the mode of oprendy of those successfull candidate they have got selected in AFMC .Can i get feed
back from those candidate and which coatching they used .

9th August 2010, 07:44 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

if you have the calibre,self study is best thing.
prepare accordingly,this gives you lot of scope.
rest ,best of luck

10th August 2010, 07:44 PM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,

coaching is not necessary for AFMC exam.

coaching is just for giving guidence.

by joining any coaching you can give test in exam like environment...

all d best.

16th August 2010, 09:39 PM
jiyaa

dear friend,
from my point of view if your all set,then should start preparing after 10th,
go through NCERT first have a deep knowledge of it.At the same time your focus should also be on class 12th.you need to set a perfect plan for it.
ALL d best

17th August 2010, 04:18 PM
hsakapandit
Banned

Location: Vill. and Post Office Katrain, Near Shiv Temple, Distt. and Teh. Kullu (Himachal Pradesh) India

Yes! The Study of Air Force Material Command is tough But By going for Coaching classes you can achieve you goal. ...................
Thanks

4th September 2010, 01:49 PM
shivanigarg_4u

if you are really good at the concepts then dont go for it. but i will prefer you to take coachining as it is not so easy to crack it at a single time.

24th December 2010, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

is there any quota for defence personnels

17th February 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

THANK YOU EVERYONE.......

22nd February 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

how can i prepare 4 logic & reasoning in afmc entrance exam

10th April 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST {NEET}? THE PATTERN, MKS DISTRIBUTION......

17th April 2011, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

How to prepare for logic skills and GK ques?

24th April 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

i m vry confused that shud i join coaching class in 12 or nt as it is a borad class so i m afraid that wud it affect my 12 studies

15th May 2011, 02:57 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

[QUOTE=Shivangni Sarin;61907]I'm currently in class tenth, i want to crack AFMC, can u recommend what shall i study ie besides 11th n 12th's textbooks.wat should be the schdule of studying...

8th June 2011, 12:22 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how can i prepare 4 logic & reasoning in afmc entrance exam
well for preparing for logic and reasoning I don't think any good book is available in market.It would be better if one joins coaching institutes as these provides them with material which are really useful.
With regards..
Ravi

8th June 2011, 12:35 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
How to prepare for logic skills and GK ques?
Dear friend,
The materials provided by the coaching institutes proves best in this business.
The GK and LOGIC REASONING books available in market do not stress upon important areas.As a consequence of which the student cannot distinguish between important and unimportant areas which leads to havoc.
Hence decide wisely.

With regards..
Ravi

8th June 2011, 12:41 AM
pongapandit

Quote:
i m vry confused that shud i join coaching class in 12 or nt as it is a borad class so i m afraid that wud it affect my 12 studies
Dear friend,
It is completely upon your discretion.By joining coaching institutes you may get help for both of needs that is- boards as well as entrance exams.If you do not join coaching institutes it may add to pressure as these institutes prepares you in the best possible way..!!

With regards..
Ravi

22nd June 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

I have given mhtcet 2011 but was unsuccesful in scoring in pcb bcoz of which i didnt got admission in gov. medical college in mumbai , but now i hve a dream of joining afmc n m ready to study hard for it ,
is it necessary to join coaching class to crack afmc or self study will do it ??????????????
plzzzzzzzzz help me to sort out dis prob
and is there any resevation for defence in afmc ?????????

28th July 2011, 12:54 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

It is not essential to go for any coaching center for afmc preparation

afmc can be attained by proper pratice

1. first give importance for 11 and 12 class ncert text.

2. then make lesson notes of each chapter

3. do the mock tests of afmc

4. revise topics regularly.

5. books of mtg and arihant are useful to crack afmc.

6. know the exam pattern of afmc

7. manage time properly for exam

or

if you are interested to go for coaching

the best coaching centers are

TIME

AAKAASH INSTITUTES

BRILLIANT TUTORIALS

Pala Brillant

3rd August 2011, 03:01 PM
the wall

hi dear,
yes, i think it is best for you, if you are prepared for this exams
and get coaching in 11th and 12th class. I think Coimbatore is
the best coaching institute of AFMC. The paper are mostly come
from 11th and 12th class subject like physics, chemistry and
biology.

Generally, written test for MBBS courses of AFMC consists of the following
pattern 200 questions: 50 each of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and 25 each
of English, and Intelligence, logic and reasoning........

thanks

7th November 2011, 12:25 PM
Unregistered

how to appear for afmc after 10 .what should be max. marks in 10?

10th November 2012, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE PROPER WAY FOR CRACK THE AFMC EXAM .

29th December 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: Should I take coaching in 11th-12th for preparing AFMC?

Quote:
oye chill mar 11th me sochna je sab

25th March 2013, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

should i take coaching from 11th for preparing engineering.Will it affect my 12th result

11th May 2016, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Now I am entering my 12th i whether I want to join any coaching class now if pls guide me for the best coaching class in Tamil nadu pls reply for this

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?