11th January 2011, 02:10 PM
IIT Aspirant

Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?

I m in XI right now...i m not takin any IIT Coachin...i jst wanted to ask wheteher i should take coachin in XII or i should drop out after XII for a year???

If i take coaching..would it affect my XII Percentage????

12th May 2011, 05:29 PM
Prerna20

Default Re: Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIT Aspirant View Post
I m in XI right now...i m not takin any IIT Coachin...i jst wanted to ask wheteher i should take coachin in XII or i should drop out after XII for a year???

Hi

I am also an engineer in electronics and telecomm.

This confusion is always there in the minds of engineering aspirants and was ther in my mind too.

Affect on X11 th percentage occurs as one devotes time attending coaching classes and thus does not get time for studying according to X11th exams

Do not drop out a year after X11 ... Frustation comes in as one is studying only.

Join a coaching institute .. but keep in mind .. that to minimize effect on X11 th exams .. you need to take out time for self studying ... Make your concepts clear. Clear concepts would help in both X11th and engineerin g exams

All the Best

Regards

Prerna
13th May 2011, 11:54 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?

I don’t think its better option to stay back one year and go through IIT Coaching again. I think you have to go through both 12th and IIT Coaching simultaneously. Dropping one year will make your class mates move ahead of you by 1 year and going through IIT Classes alone for the entire year is even risky. If you prepare well then its better else if you are not able to score well in the second attempt then you will fall back by 1 year.

Going through IIT Coaching and 12th will not effect your percentage but in fact may help you to improve through subjective wise. As both the syllabus of IIT JEE and 12th are almost the same but the only difference being in 12th questions will be theoretical and in IIT JEE questions are objective. Going through IIT JEE Coaching will definitely help you for the 12th examinations but you even have to remember that if your perfect with all the concepts of your 12th then you can even go through IIT JEE examination.
13th May 2011, 12:05 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

If you are aiming for entrance test like IITjee or AIEEE, then eligibility for exams is only 60% in 12th, which one can easily score, so its better to join coaching now so that you can one year
OR if you are aiming for 90+ in 12th, then its better to focous on boards exam as while taking coaching you wont be able to focous on computer science and english.
13th May 2011, 12:33 PM
rajpootravikant

Dear friend,
The dillema of what to do and what not to do is always there in the minds of newly grown up students who start thinking to take off towards their goal in life.
Since you are in 11th class, you are new to the world of competitions and had many illusions regarding it.
I will be very happy to guide you if at all i can. According to me, if you take both the coaching classes for competition preparation and also the academic preparation, you can let this acheive side by side. You need not to waste one extra year for getting into engineering college of national repute. You can do wonders if you have the urge to do that and this is not the time to look for negative loopholes rather than tighten your nerves to get stick to the running time and prepare hard for your both exams.
Also, i want to tell you one thing is that generally the toppers of entrance examination are freshers rather than being droppers.
So get ready to start hard work and just stick to your desire and dont look mfor the results at this time.

Best of luck

RAVI KANT RAJPOOT
13th May 2011, 01:15 PM
Arshi Zaki

HI
I have passed out 12th just this year and i had been taking coaching for engineering entrance exam while i was doing my 11th and 12th and now i seriously feel that the most appropriate option is to take coaching simultaneously while doing 11th and 12th ,
it does not effect 12th boards % but it is very neccessary (no way otherwise) to do self study in order to score well in 12th .So don't waste a single minute .
good luck.
13th May 2011, 01:54 PM
utkarsh26

Hey..!!!
It depends upon you how much you can take.If you opt for taking coaching classes in 12th class you would have to study double of what any normal guy wuld be studying.Yes it may effect your 12th boards result if you fail to cope up with your studies.So if you are average student its better you complete your 12th and then opt for any other coaching classes as per your like.
13th May 2011, 01:56 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

coaching is very useful to crack IIT-JEE exam... if you work hard for this one year,it will make fortune in your life...

you need to work for atleast 5 hours per day to concentrate both on coaching and your exams...

study your portions with clear concepts...

=>conceptual study plays an important role in cracking the IIT-JEE EXAM...

all the best

regards
yogi
13th May 2011, 02:24 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
It's just an advice for you, if you can adjust the time for 12th exam simultaneously with IIT coaching, then you can save a year as a drop.
Generally some candidates prefer coaching with 12th preparation, and can't manage with 12th preparation and lose their percentage, due to extra pressure. But there are some students which manage between coaching and self study both and aquire appreciable percentage in 12th as well as good rank in IIT.
So it's completely depends on your capacity and time management skill, although most of the concepts of 12th will be cleared in coaching.
Now the choice is yors.
Ok, best of luck.
13th May 2011, 03:05 PM
mandiv

hi dear.......
u know what even i was confused in my clas 12 that should i take caoching now or dropping one year would be better........and UNFORTUNATELY i took decision to drop out and it seems i have wasted a whole year of my life...........
since by this forum you will get good advices and being a student i advice you to join a coaching center as soon as possible ................
and you will even notice that your speed in solving your cbse questions has also increased because of the tricks they teach you............

Best Of Luck.........
13th May 2011, 03:24 PM
vsudhakararao

It is ideal to study with a pleasure keeping the content of IIT JEE along with Board curriculum.
editor in chief, Physicsdesk ( WWW.physicsdesk.com)
13th May 2011, 05:18 PM
THANIKONDA

Thumbs up Re: Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?

if you have more intrest on IIT...continue your 12 after that join Engineering then work hard frnd becoz time is more valuble,plz my don't take any wrong step at this time.
all the best
19th May 2011, 01:22 AM
Unregistered

I live in TATA chemicals a reputed industry and gud schooling...but there is no coaching out here......so should I drop one year to crack IIT n AIEEE's
19th May 2011, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

I have passed boards exams this year and got 92% in PCM and also studied competition coaching this year but I m expecting low rank in AIEEE 2011.(around 50000).Should I drop one year or take college which I get?
30th May 2011, 06:44 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

well begin your JEE preparation as soon as possible,

JEE demands a through understanding of the concept,which take time

start studying now and take your 1st attempt seriosly

as you get only 2 attempts, even if you do not clear JEE it will be nice

experience for next attempt and would also give you idea of your actual

ability on national level.

also taking a good coaching is a very valuable and helpful

idea,
30th May 2011, 09:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I do 1 year coaching of IIT JEE after 12th instead of doing during 11th and 12th?
15th June 2011, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

should i take coaching after 12th for iit, as i am not qualified in any entrance this year.
16th June 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

hey i m pass out of 12th dis year i failed to qualify jee.......... i got ip rank 20000.......... i m dropping dis year........ is it good decision... i wanna crack iit
21st June 2011, 06:27 PM
rupi

Quote:

IIT cannot be cleared without coachings. You should definitely go for coaching in 12th standard because you should only get more than 60% in 12th and you are eligible.
28th June 2011, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

what r the drawbacks of preparing for iit after xii?
1st July 2011, 12:58 AM
kritika@Hans

hi friend
look i would advice you to take admission in 11 class right here right now.
yes it would definitely increase you %
best of l;uck
23rd July 2011, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

hello
I m a student. I m very depressed now a days, because i m not getting a good college after doing 12th, because i had not given any iit or aieee exams, and i m thing for dropping a year.
help me. is it a good decision?
24th January 2012, 04:30 PM
drurv

This confusion is always there in the minds of engineering aspirants and was ther in my mind too.

Affect on X11 th percentage occurs as one devotes time attending coaching classes and thus does not get time for studying according to X11th exams

Do not drop out a year after X11 Frustation comes in as one is studying only.

Join a coaching institute .. but keep in mind that to minimize effect on X11 th exams you need to take out time for self studying Make your concepts clear. Clear concepts would help in both X11th and engineering exams

All the Best
24th January 2012, 06:41 PM
Mechanical Rai

Quote:

never think to drop a year for iit or aieee coaching. it will destroy your career if you don't get success in these exams. it is a competition time if you are wasting a year then it shows that you are not fit for todays competition.
if you want to take coaching in 12 you don't take time for self practice/study.
so prepare side by side for entrance too.
28th January 2012, 12:25 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear friend,

You Should dropout for one year....

This year concentrate in you 10+2.

At first secure very good marks in 10+2.

after that do the following things to crack the IIT.

I am attching the tips to crack IIT JEE.

Download it..........
Attached Files
File Type: docx answer.docx(13.2 KB, 210 views)
File Type: docx New Microsoft Office Word Document.docx(15.0 KB, 167 views)
21st May 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

I DO NOT WANT TO TAKE ANY COACHING FOR JEE BECAUSE OF MY 12TH COACHING.HOW CAN I MANAGE THE TIME FOR JEE?
3rd August 2012, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

i am studying 11th std but in our school they ignored the 11th syllabus and we are now studying 12th syllabus i dont have a choice of coaching classes so what can i do now.........i am a good ranking student and i am so intrested in joing iit what can i di?
1st June 2013, 02:20 AM
Unregistered

i completed my 12th in 2012 from isc board with 93%.i dropped a year for prepration of iit jee but i failed.can i now apply in du now?am i elligble for applying in du?will the admission procedure be same for me?
3rd June 2013, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

should I take coaching in 11 for IIT -JEE under the new system ,implemented from 2013
21st June 2013, 02:20 PM
Unregistered

I am a 12 pass out student.I didn't get a good rank in jee exams this year.Should i drop 1 year and join a coaching institute for the preparation of jee exam?
18th June 2014, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 12th..i m very much confused that i should take coaching in class 12th or should drop 1 year after 12th...so plz suggest me something regarding this...
28th March 2015, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?
13th April 2018, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

My son is in Std XII cbse. His Std XI study was not good and hence the percentage was low. He wants to appear for JEE. Should he take a DROP IN THE 12th Std or should he take a DROP AFTER 12th Std. ??? - T A P.
27th July 2020, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

for IIT JEE coaching classes in pune please visit https://classdigest.com/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?