3rd September 2010, 11:55 AM
mailme.swati26

Should Mathematics be very strong to study M.Sc. in electronics?

I'm a student of B.Sc. (II) with physics, maths and electronics as main subjects. After B.Sc., I want to go for M.Sc. in electronics but I'm not very good at maths. I just want to know whether I need to improve in maths for good future in electronics or there's no need of wasting time with maths.

3rd September 2010, 05:49 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should Mathematics be very strong to study M.Sc. in electronics?

dear friend,

no, it is not necessary that your maths should be very strong.just you have to know how to handle mathematical terms,formulas, equations etc.

at first revise the maths of 12th subjects.the standards of mathematics is based on 12th level.

so go ahead.certainly you will get success in M.Sc. in electronics.

good luck.
3rd September 2010, 07:23 PM
tina toms

maths is an important subject for Msc.you most probably will be having maths as subject in first 2 sems.anyway try to put a bit more effort for maths..all the best
4th September 2010, 01:06 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Well if you want to opt for Electronics for further studies then having a good command over Physics is is satisfactory in the case you are not so good in Mathematics.

But having a Good command in Mathematics will always be an asset in this sector, but dont worry if you have Physics Power you can lead.

We, cant say that Mathematics has no use in Electronics, yes there would be Maths but basically in the form of Applied one.
4th September 2010, 01:37 AM
Rickers

Hello friend,

Mathematics is the core subject even you studied Arts or science. So for Electronics mathematics is required but you must need to strong Physics as the basics of electronics.
If you are strong in physics and mathematics then you have good assets of knowledge.
4th September 2010, 05:47 AM
Unregistered

Thank you for your answer. Please tell me which sections of physics and maths should I concentrate upon.
4th September 2010, 01:12 PM
abhineo9

yes you should develop your maths atleast upto acertain level so that you can understand the basic concepts clearly as some theorems and principles totally depend on calculations and on their mathematical analysis of results.I am not saying to be masters of mathematics but pls be clear in your basics and have a good idea of your knwledge required in mathematics.
4th September 2010, 01:15 PM
shipra saxena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailme.swati26 View Post
I'm a student of B.Sc. (II) with physics, maths and electronics as main subjects. After B.Sc., I want to go for M.Sc. in electronics but I'm not very good at maths. I just want to know whether I need to improve in maths for good future in electronics or there's no need of wasting time with maths.
hello dont you worry......................................
having a Good command in Mathematics will always be an asset in this sector, but dont worry if you have Physics Power you can lead.
all the best
4th September 2010, 02:27 PM
sanjusabu

Dear friend,
without mathematics you can continue your m.sc but you need a great command over physics and electronics.
But as mathematics helps other subjects to understand well so try to improve it.
For syllabus check out attached pdf. Good day.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M.SC.ELECTRONICS.pdf(180.6 KB, 240 views)
4th September 2010, 02:29 PM
sourav thakur

Physics without mathematics is nothing. Mathematics is interesting and one can have a good grip on it with regular practice. Though having a good command over physics is quite satisfactory but having a good grip over mathematics will serve as an advantage..
4th September 2010, 03:31 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Well !!

Maths is basically important for any kind of field....because calculations are involved in problem solving questions...and Electronics includes elements of maths like Laplace tranform,fourier transform...etc..
4th September 2010, 07:31 PM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Should Mathematics be very strong to study M.Sc. in electronics?

If you want to go in Msc electronics you should have perfect in maths and physics
4th September 2010, 07:38 PM
Saikiran M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailme.swati26 View Post
Hello 'mailme.swati',

Please read this with little attention.

The problem stated by you is prevalent with many students of your stream.

As you are interested to go with Electronics in your Masters, there is nothing much
to worry about 'mathematics'. But to have a clear understanding of mathematical
derivations/ calculations that you come across your subjects, a basic knowledge of
Inter maths (topics like Algebra, Trigonometry, Integration, Differentiation, Laplace
transforms, Z-transforms) is ample.

If you are not even aware of inter maths, then i would suggest you to go for
a sincere revision of the inter mathematics. This will indeed help you in better
understanding of topics in your Masters.

If you still have any doubts, post your doubts in reply.

Regards,
MASK
12th November 2010, 08:11 PM
chandana Reddy

hi..
you should have a good command over physics ,not much on mathematics..
12th February 2012, 03:01 PM
qwertyuiop2758

Dear
No, it is not necessary that your maths should be very strong. Just you have to know how to handle mathematical terms,formulas, equations etc. I mean to say that you should know the basics of Maths.....
at first revise the maths of 12th subjects.the standards of mathematics is based on 12th level.
So go ahead. Certainly you will get success in M.Sc. in electronics.
Thankyou
Aishwarya Mehrotra
14th April 2012, 03:33 PM
neat_raw

If you want to opt for Electronics for further studies then having a good command over Physics is is satisfactory in the case you are not so good in Mathematics.
But having a Good command in Mathematics will always be an asset in this sector, but dont worry if you have Physics Power you can lead.
We, cant say that Mathematics has no use in Electronics, yes there would be Maths but basically in the form of Applied one.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?