14th August 2018, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Steps to become a Chartered Accountant for BTech graduate with 6 years gap?

Hello everyone, I have done BTech course around 6 years ago and secured 70% marks. I want to become a Chartered Accountant now. I just want to know that how can I become a CA? Kindly let me know about the steps.

15th August 2018, 10:13 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Steps to become a Chartered Accountant for BTech graduate with 6 years gap?

To become a Chartered Accountant, you need to pursue CA ( Chartered Accountancy ) course which includes three stages including the foundation course in CA, IPCC ( Integrated Professional Competence Course ), and the final stage course.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue CA course i.e; for admission to foundation course in CA, is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline from a recognized board. But, as you have completed your B.Tech degree course with 70% marks, so you can directly register for IPCC by skipping the stage one of CA course.

For more details regarding CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
15th August 2018, 12:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Steps to become a Chartered Accountant for BTech graduate with 6 years gap?

Chartered Accountancy course has following levels:

Common proficiency Test which is the foundation test of this course.

Integrated Professional competence course.

Final course.

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree are directly eligible for IPCC level of CA course. If you have minimum of 60% marks in bachelor's degree then you can apply for IPCC course.

If you do not have required percentage then you should apply for CPT exam first and clear it to enter into CA course.
15th August 2018, 03:41 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Chartered Accountancy is a professional course. The first step of this course is Common Proficiency Test. Candidates who have done 12th from a recognized board can apply for this test to enter into this course. Graduates or post graduates in commerce or any other stream can apply for directly Integrated Professional competence course. IPCC is the second stage of this course.

B.Tech candidates need to have minimum of 60% marks to directly IPCC stage of CA course otherwise you will have to apply for CPT exam first.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?