9th February 2017, 10:57 AM
md.rehan akhtar

Which stream should I choose for Intermediate to become a Chartered Accountant? What steps should I follow to become a Charted Accountant?

Respected Sir, I am studying in class 10th and after completing it I want to become a Chartered Accountant in the future so I want to know which stream should I choose for Intermediate to become a Charted Accountant? What steps should I follow to become a Chartered Accountant? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th February 2017, 11:51 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for Intermediate to become a Chartered Accountant? What steps should I follow to become a Charted Accountant?

There are three stages of Chartered Accountancy course.

>>Common Proficiency Test is conducted by ICAI twice every year.

>>Second stage is Integrated Professional Competence course.

>>Final course.

The academic qualification to apply for CPT course is that you must have done 10+2 from a recognized board in any stream. But CPT consists of questions from subjects like Fundamental of Accountancy, Mercantile law, Economics and Aptitude.

You should choose commerce stream in Intermediate as it will help you in clearing CPT and in further stages. In second year of 10+2, you will be eligible to apply for CPT examination. For any more details, you can visit http://www.icai.org.
15th February 2017, 10:14 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose for Intermediate to become a Chartered Accountant? What steps should I follow to become a Charted Accountant?

Chartered Accountancy popularly know as CA is one of the job options with bright scopes and very low selection rate.

The whole CA course is divided into three stages which includes Common Proficiency Test ( CPT ) followed by Integrated Professional Competence Course ( IPCC ) and finally the Final stage.

As far as you are concerned about selection of stream for pursuing intermediate course in order to be CA in future then in my suggestion you must look for commerce as the same course is linked with commerce stream than any other stream.

Once you complete your intermediate degree course you will have to qualify CPT to be eligible for pursuing IPCC later on. You can exempt CPT by pursuing graduation degree course. Further once you complete IPCC you will qualify for Final stage after qualifying which you will become a Chartered Accountant.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?