2nd January 2017, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

Will there be any problem, if I opt for arts stream in class 11th for civil services exam?

I haven't taken up economics in class 11th. Will I face difficulty to take up civil service?
My present combination are-
English
Geography

History
Political science
Physical education.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?
  2. Is a 11th Candidate from Biology background eligible to appear in Civil Services Exam
  3. Does arts have no scope? Only fools and losers choose Arts stream?
  4. How much is the percentage needed for CBSE students to get admission?
  5. What is the scope of Arts for 10th student?
  6. Stream to opt in 11th standard for becoming a Civil Lawyer? Best coaching centers in Chandigarh?
  7. Should I opt for MBA or Civil Services? How to overcome the problem?
  8. Minimum CGPA for Arts Stream in Government School Delhi
  9. Civil Services after non-medical in 11th and 12th?
  10. Should I choose Humanities (Arts) or Commerce after 10th if I want to appear in Civil Services Exams later? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Possibility of repeating 11th with Arts stream through distance learning after getting failed in 11th with Maths stream?
  12. What should I study in 11th among Science and Humanities to make a career in Civil Services? Procedure to appear in IAS exam if pursue 11th Science?
  13. Which group I should opt after completion of 10th standard to apply for IAS or IPS?
  14. How to prepare for Civil Services Prelims Exam after 10th CBSE? Which stream should I opt for?
  15. Which stream should i choose in class 11th for studying English Literature and Functional English?
  16. Am I eligible to become a software engineer if I have taken Arts stream in 11th standard? -- [New]
  17. What are the available scopes for arts stream students? What course should I opt after 12th? Can I opt mass communication course after 12th?
  18. What are the best courses available after 10th ICSE?
2nd January 2017, 06:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will there be any problem, if I opt for arts stream in class 11th for civil services exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I haven't taken up economics in class 11th. Will I face difficulty to take up civil service?
English
Geography

History
Political science
Physical education.
Arts students are eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
2nd January 2017, 06:55 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will there be any problem, if I opt for arts stream in class 11th for civil services exam?

No, you would not be face any kind of problem in civil services exam if you have chosen arts steam in 11th standard. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university are eligible for civil service exams. Thanks
3rd January 2017, 12:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
English
Geography

History
Political science
Physical education.

There will not be any problem if you choose arts stream in class 11th for civil services examinations. After completion of Class XII, you have to study a graduation in any discipline to appear for the UPSC Civil Services Examination. The civil services examination has three parts namely Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. The examinations are conducted once every year. You have to clear first the preliminary examination to qualify for the main examination. The subjects (Geography, History and Political Science) you choose in the 11th are good for the civil service preparation.
3rd January 2017, 12:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Candidates pursuing final year of graduation can apply.

Aspirants from all discipline of engineering are eligible for this examination.

2. There will be no problem if you opt for Arts stream in standard 11th and in fact it will help in preparation of this examination. Arts stream subjects are to be read while preparing for this exam.
3rd January 2017, 05:01 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, it won't create any problem if you opt for Arts stream in 11th Class rather than Economics subject. I suggest you to first get the required eligibility criteria in order to apply for this Civil Services Recruitment Examination.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for Civil Services Examination is "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. As Bachelor Degree is required, you may choose any stream that can be chosen based on your interests and skills. You may choose arts stream in Graduation, and can apply for Civil Services Examination based on this criteria.
3rd January 2017, 08:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no problem if you have opted for arts stream in standard 11th. Civil Services examination is not stream specific, candidates from any discipline is eligible to write Civil Services examination. The qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree. Any graduate with minimum age of 21 years can apply for this exam.

The upper age limit for this examination is 32 years for open category candidates and three years upper age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. You can start your preparation from now by reading NCERT books of social science subjects with conceptual clarity and solving objective and subjective questions on it.
3rd January 2017, 08:16 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no issue of having any stream in 12th or bachelor degree to appear for civil service examination which is conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted for recruitment as an officer. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

For other details about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2017, 09:37 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Civil Services examination is held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. . Also, the same examination is held in three stages which includes Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview respectively.

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in Civil services examination are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being an arts stream pursuer in Class 11th you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as for the same examination subject at any stage of academics does not matters.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd January 2017, 09:38 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, you won't face any difficulty to appear for civil services examination whether you have taken economics in 11th standard or not. There is no such specific stream required to appear for civil services examination, you can opt for any stream arts/commerce/science depending upon your interest. You have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognize college/university. Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years and for reserved category candidates age relaxation will be applicable.
3rd January 2017, 10:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

No, there will be no problem in opting Arts stream in 11th to appear for Civil Service examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

But to qualify in Mains examination you need to have better understanding and knowledge in your optional paper. So, be careful while opting for Mains paper or your stream in 11th and bachelor degree.

Candidates are eligible to opt optional paper other than discipline paper of graduation.
3rd January 2017, 11:50 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Stream of 11th standard or bachelor's degree has nothing to do with eligibility criteria of Civil Services examination which is:

*Bachelor's degree from any UGC recognized university of India. Only passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree is required.

*Those who want to apply should be at least 21 years of age.

You will not face any difficulty due to arts stream in 11th while appearing for Civil Services examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?