14th March 2016, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in 12th to do Fashion Designing course?

I am in 9th, standard but I am confuse which stream I can choose for fashion designing and after the 12th class what can I do for fashion designing .?

15th March 2016, 05:47 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 12th to do Fashion Designing course?

There is no requirement that only candidates of specific streams in 12th class are eligible to join Fashion Designing courses.

All the candidates who have completed 12th class with any of the stream are eligible to join Fashion Designing course.

But the thing is, the candidate should have completed 12th class with a minimum of 50% of marks.

B.Sc in Fashion Designing course is being offered by many universities in India.

The duration of this course is 3 years.

In addition, some universities are also offering 4 year Bachelors Program in Fashion Designing.

You can opt for the one which you are interested and which is convenient to you.

After done with Gradation, Masters level programs are also there for Fashion Designing with the duration of 2 years.

One can have bright scope in Fashion Designing and can get good salaries.
15th March 2016, 07:41 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in 12th to do Fashion Designing course?

# If you want to make your career in fashion designing, you are advised to opt any stream or subjects at 10+2 level. As all streams and subjects are considered eligible for pursuing courses in fashion designing.

# Required educational qualification:

* Age limit required is 17-25 years.
* Must be 10+2 in any stream or equivalent.
* Required percentage marks is 45% for reserved categories and 50% marks for general category.

# Admission/selection process includes:

* Written Test
* Personal Interview
* Group Discussion (GD)

# Names of few institutes offering courses in fashion technology are:

* Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT)
* National Institute of Design (NID)
* Symbiosis Centre of Design (SID)
* National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
* SNDT Premilla Vithaldas Polytechnic
* Pearl Academy of Fashion (PAF)

# Available employment areas/job titles for diploma/degree holder in fashion designing:

* Fashion Houses
* Apparel Production Manager
* Fashion Consultant
* Quality Control Manager
* Graphic Designer
* Costume Designer
* Leather Desinger
* Fashion Show Management
* Fashion Curator
* Garment manufacturing units
* Media Houses
* Design Developer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?