22nd March 2019, 06:51 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer being a 10th BSEB student?

Hi Sir, I have given my Board exam of 10th standard from BSEB Board. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I need to know that which stream I should take in Intermediate course to achieve my aim easily? Please ell me immediately.

25th March 2019, 07:28 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer being a 10th BSEB student?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> Further, the minimum qualifications required to appearing in the Civil Services examination are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, having completed your Class 10th, you can opt for any stream as per your interest and strength for your intermediate and graduation degree courses in order to become eligible for the Civil Services examination and therefore for becoming an IAS officer.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
25th March 2019, 08:57 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer being a 10th BSEB student?

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

To become IAS officer, you will have to crack Civil Services exam. The minimum qualification for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream.

So, here stream does not matter, all graduates are eligible. You can select any stream of your choice at 12th level and bachelor's degree. Arts stream has some advantage in terms of syllabus.

The minimum age required is 21 years.
26th March 2019, 08:24 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to become an IAS officer :-

Eligibility criteria for writing UPSC exam are listed below:-

Educational qualification:-
Any bachelor degree

Age limits:-
21 to 30 years( for SC / St there have flexibility in the upper age limit)

Number of attempt:-
General cast - 4
OBC - 7
ST/ST - No limit

Selection procedure:-
Preliminary examination
Mains examination
Interview test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?