1st June 2018, 07:45 AM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have completed my 10th with 94% from CBSE Board. I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I would like to know that which stream I should take in Intermediate so that I can become an IAS Officer? Please let me know immediately.

2nd June 2018, 01:56 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

In order to Become IAS officer you can select any one of the stream are given below.

=> SCIENCE

=> COMMERCE

=> ARTS

As per my suggestion you should science stream in your 11th class because your percentage of marks in 10th class is very good.

IAS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1. Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university.

2. The age of candidate should be minimum of 21 years and maximum 32 years old.
2nd June 2018, 06:43 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose to study in Intermediate to become an IAS Officer?

One who wants to become an IAS, can choose any stream in 11th and 12th standard. There is no restriction to choose a particular field if one wants to become an IAS. You can choose that stream in which you are interested.
After completing your 12th standard you have to pursue graduation in any discipline from a recognised University then you will be eligible to appear in test.
2nd June 2018, 09:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service Examination conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you can select the any stream in Std 12th or bachelor degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to appear and qualify in all stages for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
2nd June 2018, 10:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To become an I.A.S Officer you have to appear and qualify for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

So, you have to pursue 12th and bachelor degree to appear for examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.

To get syllabus and other information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th June 2018, 04:00 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer you are required to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

--> The basic qualifications required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years if you belong to general category. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, as far as you are concerned about selection of streams for further studies after your Class 10th to become an IAS officer then it is evident from above mentioned eligibility criteria that there is no specific requirement of certain stream or certain percentage of marks at any stage of academics for appearing in Civil Services examination and hence you can opt for any stream which lies to your strength and interest.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?