29th June 2018, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I become an IAS Officer with 49% in 10th BSEB?

Hi friends, I have secured 49% marks in my 10th standard from BSEB Board. My aim is to become an IAS Officer. But due to low marks, I am little afraid to loose my aim. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can become an IAS Officer or not?

1st July 2018, 11:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an IAS Officer with 49% in 10th BSEB?

Yes, you can become an IAS officer after completion of your 12th standard with 49% aggregate marks from BSEB Board. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised board are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules. No specific percentage criteria in 10th standard is required, so you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.
2nd July 2018, 12:04 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I have secured 49% marks in my 10th standard from BSEB Board. My aim is to become an IAS Officer. But due to low marks, I am little afraid to loose my aim. Kindly let me know that with this percentage of marks, I can become an IAS Officer or not?

Yes, you can become an IAS Officer with 49% marks in 10th BSEB. You have to study 10+2 and a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university to become an IAS Officer. You have to appear for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC to become an IAS Officer. Civil Service Examination consists of Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview. You have to perform well in all the three rounds to become an IAS Officer.
2nd July 2018, 06:10 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Class 10th marks has little to do with your IAS selection. You need to prepare for the exam according to the IAS exam syllabus. The minimum qualification required for IAS exam is a graduation in any discipline.

Hence, you just need to have pass marks in your educational qualifications to apply for these exams. Selection will be based on written exam and interview conducted by UPSC. Hence, worrying about class 10th marks is not going to yield any results for you.
4th July 2018, 01:16 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer, you need to qualify Civil Services examinations held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination, you need to have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Stream and marks at any stage of academics is not significant to decide the eligibility for an IAS officer.

So, having completed your Class 10th with 49% marks you just not have be worried regarding your eligibility for the Civil Services examination because of your performance in Class 10th.

For more detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th July 2018, 01:25 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved for category.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to appear in examination.

Examination will be conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
5th July 2018, 09:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The required educational qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is no minimum required aggregate in academic course to appear in examination.

So, do not get afraid about low marks and just do the better preparation to qualify in three stages of examination.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?