21st October 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Subjects to choose to become an IAS Officer?

What subject we have to choose to became an ias officer in 9 class? I want to know the subject to choose to became an ias officer.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it better to choose subjects other than i had in graduation for IAS preparations?
  2. How can I become an IAS officer with MBBS degree? Which subjects should I choose?
  3. Which Optional Subjects should I choose for IAS Exam?
  4. ICSE or CBSE Board, which will help me to become an IAS Officer? Subjects to follow in IAS examination?
  5. Which Optional Subjects should I choose to become an IAS Officer?
  6. Can I become IAS Officer after completion of Graduation in Geography? Which subjects should I choose for this?
  7. Which subjects I should choose after completion of 10th Class to become an IAS Officer?
  8. Subjects to choose to become an IAS Officer? -- [New]
  9. Subjects to choose after 10th to became IAS officer?
  10. How to prepare to become an IAS officer and which subjects to be chosen? I am a class 12th student from science -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Which subjects should I choose to become an IAS Officer being a candidate pursuing final year of MCA course?
  12. Which two subjects are best suited for IAS preparations for an electrical engineering student?
  13. Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?
  14. How many subjects to choose for IAS? Previous years question papers for EE engineering?
  15. How to become an IAS officer after passing 10th standard?
  16. What are the main terms for IAS?
  17. Procedure to become an IAS? What subjects to choose for IAS Exam?
  18. How many Exams I have to undergo to become IAS Officer? What are the subjects for this? Which books to prepare for this? Does coaching necessary to become IAS Officer?
21st October 2015, 05:49 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Subjects to choose to become an IAS Officer?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Officer. The minimum qualification for this bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Subjects selected at bachelor's degree level matters a lot for this exam.

You can select any subject combination in 9th, 10th and 10+2, it will not play so much role in Civil Services examination. There is one optional paper in mains exam of Civil Services so that candidate must choose that stream in bachelor's degree which will assist the preparation for optional subject.

Generally the important subjects for Civil Services exam preparation is Geography, Economics, History, Political science and General Science.
21st October 2015, 06:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What subject we have to choose to became an ias officer in 9 class? I want to know the subject to choose to became an ias officer.
After completion of 12th standard, you can choose History subject for bachelor degree to become IAS officer. This subject is scoring subject and many question are coming from this subject.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Service

Age criteria :-

Your age should be in between 21-30 years.

Age relaxation:-

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Attempt limit:-

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
21st October 2015, 07:38 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

There are not any special subjects to be select to apply for IAS.You just have to complete bachelor degree in any stream to apply for IAS.IAS is the Indian Administative Service exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor degree in any stream from recognized university.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years on 1st August of the examination year.Relaxation applicable 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.
- Maximum Attemps : For General - 4 , OBC - 7 and No limits for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview

Paper Pattern

Preliminary Exam
Paper I : General Studies (200 Marks & 2 Hours)
Paper II : Aptitude (200 Marks & 2 Hours)

Main Exam
Total Marks : 1750
Paper I : Language (300 Marks)
Paper II : English (300 Marks)
Paper III : Essay (250 Marks)
Paper IV : General Studies I (250 Marks)
Paper V : General Stidies II (250 Marks)
Paper VI : General Studies III (250 Marks)
Paper VII : General Srudies IV (250 Marks)
Paper VIII : Optional Subject I (250 Marks)
Paper IX : Optional Subject II (250 Marks)

Interview : 275 Marks

Important Dates
- Last Date to Apply : 19/06/2015
- IAS Preliminary Exam : 23/08/2015
- IAS Main Exam : 18/12/2015

IAS 2016 Important Dates
- Notification Date : 23 April , 2016
- Last Date to Apply : 20 May , 2016
- Preliminary Exam : 7 August , 2016
21st October 2015, 07:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer which is the highest administrative post which a civilian can get one needs to clear Civil Services Examination.

Civil Services examination is organised once every year by Union Public Service Commission in three stages which are respectively known as Preliminary Test, Mains and Personal Interview.

To be eligible for the same examination you need to have the following qualifications which are as here under :-

* Nationality :- You must have the nationality of India.

* Age Limit :- Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years by the August 1st that year in which you are appearing in the same examination in case you belong to general category. Otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* Educational Qualification :- You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

As it is clear from above eligibility criteria that there is no restriction of subject for once eligibility for the same examination so you do not have to be worried for your subjects for your further studies and you can go for any subjects according to your strength and interest.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
21st October 2015, 08:04 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming IAS officer, you will have to appear for civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC every year.

To be eligible for Civil services exam, you must have done graduation or bachelor course from any recognized institution in any stream.

There are no specific subjects to be chosen in class 9th for appearing in Civil services exam.

You can choose the subjects on the basis of your own interest.

Firstly, you must pass your HSC Examination.

Then, pass your 10+2 exam and then pursue any Bachelor course.

You can appear for Civil Services when you are in Final year of your graduation.

Subjects chosen in Main Examination of civil services are:

21st October 2015, 08:06 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# IAS means Indian Administrative Services.

# You are presently in the 9th standard. It is good to know that you are much concern about your career at this juncture of age.

# But I would like to advise you that not to think much about opting or selection of subjects for IAS Examination right now. Your first priority at this time should be concentrate and qualifying the matriculation examination.

# After clearing the matriculation, you should think about the selection or opting the subjects for higher classes.

# While opting or selecting the subjects/stream at higher classes after matriculation, please keep following points in mind:

* Subjects in which you have strong basic concepts.
* Subjects in which you have immense interest.
* Subjects you have score good marks in past.

# Actually, the minimum required educational qualification for IAS Examination in any graduation degree from recognised university. IAS Examination has nothing to do with nature, duration, marks obtained etc. in the graduation degree. Only passing marks are sufficient to apply for IAS Examination.

# Scheme of Civil Service Examination (IAS Examination):

* Civil Service Aptitude Test (Preliminary Exam)
* Mains (IAS) Examination
* Interview

# Candidate is required to focus more on following topics for the preparation of Civil Service Aptitude Test (Preliminary Exam) and also for General Studies in Mains Examination:

* General Science
* Economy
* Indian History
* World History
* Indian Polity

# Scheme of Mains Examination:

* 300 Marks : Any Indian language opted
* 300 Marks : General Essay
* 300 Marks : General English Language
* 300 Marks : General Studies
* 300 Marks : First Optional Paper
* 300 Marks : Second Optional Paper
21st October 2015, 10:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to choose any special subject to become an IAS officer. To become an IAS officer, you must have to appear and qualify IAS examination. To be eligible to appear in IAS examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you are pursuing 9th standard, you can opt for Non-Medical Science stream in your 11th and 12th standard and B.E/B.Tech course in your Graduation. You can also opt any other Graduation course in which you are interested and you can appear and qualify IAS examination to become an IAS officer.
21st October 2015, 11:41 PM
maakaladla

As per the UPSC Main examination some important subject are as follows:-

-Zoology
-Geology
-Commerce
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Management
-Mathematics
-Philosophy
-Sociology
-Law
-management
-Mechanical engineering
-civil engineering
22nd October 2015, 07:44 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

I.A.S. stands for Indian Administrative Services and its very impressive that a 9th standard student is so awared about the I.A.S. to approach it here you are on a lower stage to reach on this stage but as you are awared about your dream life then i would like to say that you are on the right path and you have to be continue on this until you reached to your destiny and that is I.A.S.

>> You have to first clear it that you have a long time for this stage because to become an I.A.S. first you have to qualify the graduation and for that now you have to first qualify the 12th standard and for such preparations you can pass it out in art stream and can take the subjects that are of your interest that could be in combination of History, Geography, Political Science, Sociology and Hindi and English are always compulsory in 12th and also can make the combination of the same in Graduation.

>> The best stage to prepare for such competitive exams is Graduation where you have to works on the basics and make a strong base because if the basic knowledge in your mind is good then you can pass any hardle in any stage.

>> For better preparation of I.A.S. exam you have to work on it from Graduation and that is you have to know about the syllabus of the I.A.S. for preliminary and Main exam and you will find that most of the syllabus will be based on your Graduation syllabus and you have to study that carefully and deeply so that you can define it any time and be able to write it well in exam.

>> writing is also a matter of concern in I.A.S. exam as a person knows deeply about any topic in exam but he failed many times the only reason is writing skill because you have not to write it here as University exam you have to write it as competition in minimum words you have to cover the maximum information that is asked and only that person will be in competition who will do so because the time is limited here so write only the facts and define then with minimum words but including maximum information.

>> You can also study the U.P.S.C. news and Magzine portals where you will know the views of experts that will be helpful for you as Partiyogita Darpan, Career 360, Career Muskan, Rojgar samachaar.

>> A person can also go for the coaching of the I.A.S. because the guide is very important in our life as a guide can provide the better matter of study and also a better guide is said half winning of game.

>> A.L.S. institute in New Delhi and Chanakya Institute in Chandigarh are from the best institutes for I.A.S. preparation.
22nd October 2015, 11:51 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
UPSC conducts IAS and other civil service examinations to recruit candidates at various posts in Govt of India.
Eligibility to appear in IAS examination are
-Candidate must be citizen of India.
-Candidate must have Bachelor's degree in any disciple from a recognized University with minimum of 45% marks.
-Candidate must be of age 21 to 30 years.
-Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC and ST is also applicable.
Also, number of attempts is limited to 4 for general candidate, 6 for OBC candidates and there is no limt for Sc and ST candidates.

Since, students of any disciple can appear in examination with Bachelor's degree.
So, if you have Bachelor's degree then you can appear in the examination.
Also, in the examination, students need to choose one subject according to their interest .
22nd October 2015, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should be opted by a commerce student for the preparation of ias
23rd October 2015, 12:08 AM
Mohit.Bansal

For IAS officer you must have completed bachelors degree and your age must be within 21 years to 32 years.

As you said your are in 9th, so i will suggest you to concentrate on your core subjects and clear all the basic concepts. You can only apply for the IAS exam while appearing in final year of graduation or after completing graduation.

Mainly History, Geography, Political Science, Economics and Mathematics are the subjects that are crucial with respect to crack the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?