18th April 2011, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?

Sir,
i want become an i a s officer. Now, i am in class 12th with the subjects of physics, chemistry and mathematics and in class 10th i had scored 84.9.....
Percentage. After 12th what subjects should i prepare to became an i a s officer.

10th May 2011, 09:15 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
i want become an i a s officer. Now, i am in class 12th with the subjects of physics, chemistry and mathematics and in class 10th i had scored 84.9.....
Percentage. After 12th what subjects should i prepare to became an i a s officer.
There is no specific rule to select the subjects in your 12th or Degree you can just go with your interest

As you're just a student of 12th don't need concentrate that seriously on the preparation for IAS because this is the exam which will be written after your Graduation you just need to have this attitude for your future goal

you should do these things so that they will help you when you start your orginal preparation

->follow all the news paper daily's get updated with all the issues do the deep research and make some points and maintain some note book

->Current affairs is also a very important section you should get updated in all areas like

politics

sports

entertainment and

what not everything

this about the strategy that a year student must follow

When you perfectly start your preparation for IAS then

then the preparation plan must be like this

Preparation for IAS can be done in different way according to the tastes and preference of the individual

but very important fact is all the plans will have the following main qualities..

-> you should make smart plans according to the time available for the exam

-> You should strongly determine towards your goal..

-> You should also be hard working and also a smart planner of the
preparation..

-> You should be well aware of what the syllabus and pattern..

This is all about the your question

Regards

~AdityA~
10th May 2011, 09:24 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

Red face Re: Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?

there is no specific rule of selecting the subjects...

subject should be selected during the completion of your degree...

at that time,you have an idea of selecting the subject,which interests you...

as you belong to mathematics group,i think you will select engineering courses...

any way,choose the subject which interests you...

because,one can perform well,only if they work in the field,which interests...

concentrate well and study...

analyse and study well...

you must be strong in
=>current affairs

=>general knowledge

=>history

=>technical basics(if you are an engineering student)

all the best...

regards
yogi
10th May 2011, 09:43 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?

Minimum educational qualification required by the candidate to be eligible for IAS examination is that the candidate must have a graduate degree in any decipline from any of the recognised university. So you can choose any of the degree course after 10+2.

Syllabus of IAS will be depend upon the subject which you opt during graduation.

There is no minimum % bar required in graduation to be eligible for the exam and 10th percentage doesn't matter.
11th May 2011, 12:51 AM
Roysons

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose after 12th science so as to become an IAS officer(Scored 84.9% in 10th)?

Dear,
It does not matter which subjects you choose in order to become an IAS officer.
The minimum educational qualification needed is to be a graduate.
Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 year relaxation for the reserved categories.
General categories get 4 while reserved categories get 7 attempts crack the exam.

For the preparation of the IAS exam:-

1.] General awareness should be quite strong which will develop automatically if you are aware about the happenings of the world. Reading newspapers will help you a lot.

2.] Current affairs should also be strong for which you get get different competitive books.

3.] Your knowledge about the past i.e. history should also be quite strong.
ICSE books are quite useful for this .

At last , without hard work and determination , nothing is possible.
So work hard.
Thanks.
All the best.
13th May 2011, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Is gk important in ias?
23rd May 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessasy that if anyone taken science,so he must pass in phy,chem,math or is it ok with best five(any five subject)?
23rd May 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

wat according to you...wud be bst graution degree for.ias...? so dat i cn btr concntatre on ias xam.?
14th June 2011, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

ips exm ke leye kya karna padega sir my brother 10th pass he usko ips officer banana he to kya kara padega plz.. bataye sir
20th June 2011, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav scored 88.6% in 12th and i hav been selected in IP university having rank 4650 dis year.. i was also selected in UPES dehradun but iam reaaly confused where shud i go and which stream shud i opt in engg. i hav my interest in engg but i dont knw which will be d best for a perfect lyf(i.e financially and mentally strong and stable) plz help me
9th July 2011, 12:35 PM
Unregistered

I am in 12th std with science stream, what can I do after 12th std to become an IAS officer?
14th August 2011, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

is there need to concentrate more on political science than history ? to. clear the exam of i.a.s
22nd September 2011, 05:55 PM
Unregistered

what specifically i have to do if i m doing b.tech and what is a new mandatory topic for me?
5th December 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i am now in B.sc.II and i take subject for gradjuation Math Physics and computer so which subject i should take for IAS exam
20th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

please tall me the names of the books with the names of thier writers pls..........
15th April 2012, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

I am studyind public administration in hindi, it creates probleam for me or not
19th April 2012, 12:35 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
First of all you want to know onething is that there no required subjects selection in this exam, so you can select any subjects as your wish.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

The candidate should be complete graduation from any recognised university.

Final year candidates of graduation will also be eligible

Age limits is 21years to 30years.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

For more details visit
www.upsc.gov.in

All the best.
24th April 2012, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose after 12th science so as to become an Class one Officer?
13th May 2012, 06:25 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
I am U.Ratheesh Kumar. I've wrote my 2 exam and waiting for the result. This time its very tuff and so I will secure low marks. My aim , desire and all to become an I.P.S officer. But my mind is very blank about the degree for attend I.A.S exam. Please say about some best degrees which is very helpful to I.A.S exam....
21st May 2012, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

which subject is best after passed 12th stream as physics chemistry maths
21st May 2012, 07:06 PM
KARURESH BHATT

DEAR,

i think that you should choose the stream of public administration for your graduation which is a compulsory qualification in order to have your career as an i.a.s. officer. this is all because an i.a.s. officer must hve a good command over the public issues and administration about how to manage and distribute the goods and services among the people. so in order to be a best i.a.s. officer, you should have a graduate degree to have a good command over the above disscussed subject...
31st May 2012, 07:32 PM

Lightbulb Re: now i just completed 10th. i scored 85%. i want to become an IAS,so please suggest me the way to get an IAS

please suggest me the way to get IAS.i want to serve the people so please
5th June 2012, 06:37 PM
KRITIKA MEENA

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
sir,
sir please tell me what i have to do?
10th June 2013, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

now i hav passed 12th with science(PCM) from jac board and scored 63.6% what subject should i select in graduation.??? i want to be an ias officer... due to my scoring of marks i m unable to decide that what subject should i select.. i need help.. plz guide me.....
10th June 2013, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

i hav passed 12th with science(PCM) from jac board and scored 63.6% which subject should i select in graduation.??? i want to be an ias officer.. due to my scoring marks i m unable to decide that what ubject should i select.. i need help.... plz guide me...

thanks. suruchi
10th June 2013, 05:38 PM
Unregistered

i hav passed 12th with science(PCM) from jac board and scored 63.6% which subject should i select in gradution.?? i want be an ias officer.... due to my scoring of marks i m unable to decide that what subject should i select.. i need help.. plz guide me...
26th January 2014, 08:41 PM
Unregistered

if I have B.Sc degree .
I eligiable for ias mains these subjects.
Ex- history/geography & others art subjects.
15th November 2015, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can you give some information about OTA its eligibility and when we can give its exam???
15th November 2015, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

Sir, can you give some information about OTA its eligibility and when we can give its exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?