10th October 2011, 03:43 AM
meenu400

Syllabus for Biochemistry for BIS?

Dear sir/madam.
Please send me the bis syllabus for biochemistry........my email id is [email protected]

Thank you!

10th October 2011, 12:39 PM
Nichole Hudson

Default Re: Syllabus for Biochemistry for BIS?

The syllabus of biochemistry includes all topics related to the organic structure of living
systems. Besides the general understanding of cellular components and human body, the concepts like proteins, enzymes, metabolism, and biosynthesis will be studied in details.
The textbook 'Biochemistry: the Molecular Basis of Life' by Trudy McKee and James R. McKee can be useful for you as it covers almost all every concept which is there in the syllabus.
10th October 2011, 02:58 PM
kinika

BIS exam has two parts.
Second part consists of 40 questions which will include aptitude and analytic reasoning along with english.
First part of exam will consist of 80 questions from biochemistry.
There is no defined syllabus. But as per information provided, the standard of questions will be equivalent to GATE exam.
I am giving the outline of the syllabus, which you can prepare for this test. I will help you to clear exam for sure.
You can refer lehninger book for whole syllabus.

BIOCHEMISTRY
Organization of life. Importance of water. Cell structure and organelles. Structure and function of biomolecules: Amino acids, Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins and Nucleic acids. Biochemical separation techniques and characterization: ion exchange, size exclusion and affinity chromatography, electrophoresis, UV-visible, fluorescence and Mass spectrometry. Protein structure, folding and function: Myoglobin, Hemoglobin, Lysozyme, Ribonuclease A, Carboxypeptidase and Chymotrypsin. Enzyme kinetics including its regulation and inhibition, Vitamins and Coenzymes.
Metabolism and bioenergetics. Generation and utilization of ATP. Metabolic pathways and their regulation: glycolysis, TCA cycle, pentose phosphate pathway, oxidative phosphorylation, gluconeogenesis, glycogen and fatty acid metabolism. Metabolism of Nitrogen containing compounds: nitrogen fixation, amino acids and nucleotides. Photosynthesis: the Calvin cycle.
Biological membranes. Transport across membranes. Signal transduction; hormones and neurotransmitters.
DNA replication, transcription and translation. Biochemical regulation of gene expression. Recombinant DNA technology and applications: PCR, site directed mutagenesis and DNA-microarray.
Immune system. Active and passive immunity. Complement system. Antibody structure, function and diversity. Cells of the immune system: T, B and macrophages. T and B cell activation. Major histocompatibilty complex. T cell receptor. Immunological techniques: Immunodiffusion, immunoelectrophoresis, RIA and ELISA.

Source: What is the Syllabus for BIS Scientist Biochemistry Exam? | Government Jobs http://governmentjobsalerts.com/what-syllabus-bis-scientist-biochemistry-exam-3825.html#ixzz1aMjQz264
24th December 2013, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for 'Scientist-B'.& my branch is electrical & electronics.Can you please send me the previous 10 year question papers to this mail ID. [email protected]
15th March 2018, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

1.B.Sc with Microbiology and M.Sc with Biochemistry can be eligible for both post -Scientist B for Microbiology and Scientist B for Biochemistry??
2.When will be Scientist B recruitment for M.Sc Biochemistry??
Please reply me because I am totally confuse...
11th October 2020, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I have applied for BIS technical Assistant post.. What is the syllabus for biochemistry part
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?