25th August 2010, 06:30 PM
dassuman

Syllabus of electrical engineering for wbsedcl recruitment exam

i want join in wbsrdcl, but i have no idea about the syllabus. I am an electrical engineer. Pleasd help me so that i can get the syllabus

25th August 2010, 09:36 PM
drdo99
Banned

Default Re: Syllabus of electrical engineering for wbsedcl recruitment exam

the syllabus is as follows:

Power Systems: Basic power generation concepts; transmission line models and performance; cable performance, insulation; corona and radio interference; distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and admittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components; fault analysis; principles of overcurrent, differential and distance protection; solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; system stability concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion; HVDC transmission and FACTS concepts.
Control Systems: Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Niquist techniques; Bode plots; root loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; state space model; state transition matrix, controllability and observability.
Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor; instrument transformers; digital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes; potentiometric recorders; error analysis.
Analog and Digital Electronics: Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET; amplifiers - biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers - characteristics and applications; simple active filters; VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multi-vibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.
Power Electronics and Drives: Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs - static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters - fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basis concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.
25th August 2010, 11:05 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
there is no fixed syllabus for WBSEDCL recruitment for electrical engineer.these type of exams follow the syllabus GATE exam.and for that you need to study all the subjects clearly and have a deep knowledge in your departmental subject.
All The Best!!!!
26th August 2010, 03:35 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
the syllabus is similar to any other competitive exam like ntpc,gate etc
follow the gl publishers book for gate i think it will be enough to clear the exam
all the best
26th August 2010, 08:12 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus of electrical engineering for wbsedcl recruitment exam

dear friend
according to my knowledge you should learn electrical engg. releted main subject such
1.power system 1,2&3.
2.electrical machine.
3.control systes 1&2.
and for syllabus & previous yr question u shoull visit www.wbsedcl.com.
good luck.
27th August 2010, 09:16 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear friend,

for the wbsedcl recruitment exam,the syllabus is comes from the the core subjects such as

power system,

control system

electrical machine

network and circuit theory.

instrumentation
21st November 2010, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

frnds its not dat dere is no syllebus fr any exam..f u want to complete a single topic u can't .none can so u ve to know the pattern
23rd November 2010, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

syllabus for assisstant post
8th December 2010, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

please send me what are the syllbus for post of junior engineering[civil] for wbsetcl exam
24th February 2011, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

what is the sylebash of assistant teacher in bengali subject for wb power development corporation limited
24th February 2011, 03:01 PM
biswajit barman

assistant teacher
3rd June 2011, 09:53 AM
Unregistered

What is the syllebues of electrical branch in gate entrance exam 2011
13th March 2012, 10:43 AM
oindrila_majumder

where can I get previous year question papers?
13th March 2012, 10:31 PM
TrinityKiller

Hi,

You did not mention about which tehsildar syllabus you need as there are many states which conducts exam for Tehsildars.Like:

The syllabus for the Tehsildar exam is:

This is the syllabus according to HIPA i.e., Himachal Pradesh Institute of Public Administration.

Paper – 1: Land Revenue Acts and Rules
Paper – 2: Arithmetic and Patwaris Mensuration
Paper – 3: Minor Revenue Acts and Rules
Paper – 4: Hindi (In Devnagri Script)
Paper – 5: Criminal Law and Procedure
Paper – 6 : Revenue Case
Paper – 7: Local and Special Laws
Paper – 8 : Local Funds, Treasury and Financial Rules

The syllabus according to the APPSC(Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission)

Paper1:General studies
Paper 2:
Section 1:Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh
Section 2:General Overview of Indian Constitution
Paper3:
Section1 :Planning in India and Indian Economy
Section 2:Contemporary Problems and Developments in Rural Areas with special reference to Andhra Pradesh

According to the TNPSC i.e., Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission:

General Science
History of India
Geography of India
Economics and Commerce
Indian Polity
Indian National Movement
Current Events
Mental Ability Tests
General English

I gave you the syllabus of three states If you mention any more about which tehsildar exam syllabus you are asking for then i can give you full details about it.

If you get any information from my answer then it is fine and prepare well for the exam because there will be a great competition in this exam.

Good Luck!
14th March 2012, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Thank you Sir.
But this time I want to know about the syllabus or question paper about Assistant Engineer recruitment (electrical ) in WBSEDCL (West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Ltd)
14th March 2012, 08:50 PM
payelkundu18

i want to join wbsedcl. i want to know the syllabus of wbsedcl for assistant engineer( electrical) for 2012
20th March 2012, 11:53 PM
Unregistered

i want to join wbsedcl. i want to know the syllabus of wbsedcl for assistant engineer( electrical) for 2012.
17th May 2012, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

syllabus for wbsedcl exam for sub assistant engineer (electrical)
17th May 2012, 06:16 PM
romi_bal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dassuman View Post
i want join in wbsrdcl, but i have no idea about the syllabus. I am an electrical engineer. Pleasd help me so that i can get the syllabus
The syllabus of electrical engineer is:

Power Systems: Basic power generation concepts; transmission line models and performance; cable performance, insulation; corona and radio interference; distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and admittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components; fault analysis; principles of overcurrent, differential and distance protection; solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; system stability concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion; HVDC transmission and FACTS concepts.

Control Systems: Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Niquist techniques; Bode plots; root loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; state space model; state transition matrix, controllability and observability.

Electrical and Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor; instrument transformers; digital voltmeters and multimeters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes; potentiometric recorders; error analysis.

Analog and Digital Electronics: Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET; amplifiers - biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; operational amplifiers - characteristics and applications; simple active filters; VCOs and timers; combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; multi-vibrators; sample and hold circuits; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.

Power Electronics and Drives: Semiconductor power diodes, transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs - static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters - fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basis concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives
7th November 2012, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

i am btech electronics& communication engineer from wbut.can i apply for assistant engineer post in wbsedcl?my email id:[email protected] reply soon.
29th June 2013, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

i m b.tech in electronics & communication engineering..can i apply 4 asst.engineer post in wbsedcl??pls rply me soon at- [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?