28th June 2013, 05:47 PM
mayank0143

How to do MBA through CAT? I have scored 91% in 12th

since bba is of 3 yrs and bcom hons of 4 yrs.
is bba the right option?
my aim is to do mba through CAT.
i gt 91% in 12 this year.
pls answer ASAP!

29th June 2013, 04:38 PM
DASHARD

Default Re: How to do MBA through CAT? I have scored 91% in 12th

see dear , you have only completed 12th and for doing MBA one needs to be a graduate.
so you should first go for graduation in whichever field you wish to and then you can go for MBA.
after graduation you can appear for the CAT exam , to get admission in MBA course.

some colleges you can seek admission through CAT are-

Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore

Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta

Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow

Institute of Rural Management-Anand

Xaviers Labour Relation Institue-Jamshedpur

Management Development Institute-Gurgaon

Indian Institute of Management-Indore

s.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research-Mumbai

good luck
29th June 2013, 09:43 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to do MBA through CAT? I have scored 91% in 12th

Well if you want to do MBA then any graduation course will be sufficient enough therefore pick any course you like. However you are right that Bachelor of Business Administration will be ideal course instead of B.Com Hons.

You will face little problem applying for BBA since you scored very well in 12th standard. But still you will have to appear for the entrance exam and only then get admission for the BBA.

After completing BBA you will once again have to appear for the entrance exam to get admission for the Master of Business Administration. Some of the entrance exams you can apply for are:

MAT

CAT

JMET

GMAT

TANCET

XAT

Pick the entrance exam wisely. If you want admission in Indian Institutes of Management then you should apply for Common Admission Test. It is conducted by the IIMs.

CAT Eligibility

1. Under graduation degree is the qualifying course required.

2. 50 percent marks in the under graduation course.

3. 45 percent is required for the SC/ST.

There are other options as well. For example GMAT should be considered if want to do MBA from some foreign university while the MAT is for the candidates who have scored low marks in graduation and therefore can not appear for the Common Admission Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?