15th December 2009, 10:42 AM
rinki

Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

I want to know syllabus for PhD Entrance Exam that will be held on 21st dec.
in cse stream

Related Questions:
  1. Syllabus for PhD entrance exam in Computer science and engineering?
  2. Syllabus for PhD entance exam in Computer science and engineering?
  3. List of exams to give for doing Ph.D in Computer Science in best universities?
  4. Syllabus for NET PhD entrance exam in Computer Science and engineering? -- [New]
  5. Am I eligible for admission in Engineering having gap of one year between 12th and B.Sc? Which type of engineering can I do and which type of entrance exam to give?
  6. Is there any discrimination between Ph.D in computer science and Ph.D in computer science and engineering
  7. Syllabus for phd Computer Science and Engineering entrance exam of pondicherry university
  8. JNU offer PhD in Computer Science course to M.Tech(CSE) candidate? Detailed information about JNU PhD entrance exam?
  9. Entrance exams to be given for doing PhD in Computer Science related subjects?
  10. Best way to do PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering?.
  11. Books and syllabus for integrated PhD in Computer Science at IISc?
  12. When the application forms of DU, IP, DTU and IIT will be published for Ph.D in Computer Science programme? Syllabus of Ph.D in Computer Science programme?
  13. Syllabus and suitable books to prepare for IISC Integrated PhD entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Science and Automation/Computer Science?
  14. PhD entrance question paper for computer science
  15. How can I prepare to crack JNU PhD entrance exam? Computer Science syllabus for preparation?
  16. Can I do Ph.D in Computer Science after completing MS?
  17. Allahabad University offers PhD in Computer Science and Engineering?
  18. What is the syllabus followed for Ph.D course? Can someone please give me the information on the same?
31st December 2009, 08:54 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

I have that give here your e-mail id so, that i can forward it to you.
31st December 2009, 11:54 AM
anuja
Senior Member+

U have specified the dat of exam but for which university u want to know not specified plz specify that so it would be easy to answer
31st December 2009, 08:35 PM
vetriselvi
Senior Member+

please mention for which university you would prefer to have the syllabus so that i will be able to help you.
13th February 2010, 11:00 PM
Mintoo
Senior Member++

Mention first about the university which you prefer.........
13th February 2010, 11:35 PM
pradeep.g.u
Senior Member+

syllabus for phd entrance exam in computer science engineering can be mentioned only if you mention the university you are applying for ..
16th February 2010, 03:28 PM
amit04051988
Senior Member+

hi

sorry i can't tell you because you have not mentioned the university.....:-)

well, best of luck for you life
28th February 2010, 10:02 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
i don't give you details..
because of you did not mention the name of university..
good luck.
18th April 2010, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

which book is preferable for phd in computer science entrance exam 2010.university is SRI KRISHNA DEVARAYA UNIVERSITY
1st May 2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

sir I need syllabus for phd admission (computer science) for VIT university
6th May 2010, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Pondicherry University
7th May 2010, 06:08 PM
brrrravi

Smile Re: Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

hi, dear friend
syllabus for phd entrance exam im computer science & engg.
is like this way:

Syllabus for PhD Admission Test
Computer Science and Engineering

Part - I : Mathematical Techniques

Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra; Systems of Linear Equations; Eigen Values and Eigenvectors.
Calculus: Functions of Single Variable; Limit, Continuity and Differentiability; Mean value Theorems; Evaluation of Definite and Improper Integrals; Partial derivatives, Total Derivative, Maxima and Minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector Identities, Directional Derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume Integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s Theorems.
Differential equations: First Order Equations (Linear and Nonlinear); Higher Order Linear Differential Equations with Constant Coefficients; Initial and Boundary Value Problems, Laplace and Fourier Transforms; Solutions of one Dimensional Diffusion and wave Equations and Laplace Equation.
Complex variables: Analytic Functions; Cauchy’s Integral Theorem; Taylor and Laurent Series; Residue Theorem.
Probability and Statistics: Definitions of Probability and Sampling Theorems; Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Poisson, Normal and Binomial Distributions. Least Squares, Correlation and Regression and Covariance.
Numerical Methods: Numerical Solutions of Linear and Non-Linear Algebraic Equations; Finite Differences, Numerical Integration, Runga – Kutta Methods.

Part - II : Computer Science and Engineering
Data Structures :
Complexity of Algorithm. Algorithm Design Paradigms. Stack. Queues. Hash Table. Binary Search, AVL. Red-black. Splay. Skip. B-Trees. Skip-lists. Priority Queue. Graph: Shortest Path, MST, Depth-first and Breadth-first Algorithms. Advanced Sorting Methods. Multi-Dimensional, Kinetic Data Structures.
Algorithms :
Review of Set theory, Induction, Series Evaluation, and Algorithms. Algorithm Correctness and Efficiency. Growth of Functions. Amortized Analysis. Recurrences. Divide and Conquer. Backtracking. Dynamic Programming. Greedy Algorithm. Sorting. Search Pruning. Matrix Operations. String Matching. Computational Geometry. NP - Completeness. Heuristic Methods. Approximation Algorithm. Linear Programming.
Computation Theory :
Regular Languages and Finite Automata (Mealy, Moore, Hybrid FSM, Exposed FSM, Encapsulated FSM, Static State Instantiation FSM). Context free Languages and Pushdown Automata. Recursively Enumerable sets and Turing Machines. Undecidability.

Operating Systems :
Synchronization Mechanisms. Process Deadlocks. Resource Models. Local and Global states. Distributed Operating Systems. Event Ordering. Timestamps. Distributed Mutual Exclusion. Token and Non-token based Algorithms. Comparative Performance Analysis. Concurrency Control. Shared Memory. File Systems. Agreement Protocols for handling Processor Failures. Coordination of Processes and related Algorithms. Failure Handling and Recovery Mechanisms. Multiprocessor Operating Systems and related Thread Handlings.
Database Systems :
Review of Database Systems. Web-enabled Database Systems. Storage and File Structures. Indexing and Hashing. Concurrency. Recovery. Query Processing. Query Optimization. Object Oriented DBMS. Extended Relational Model. Spatial databases. Multimedia Databases. Distributed Databases. Active Databases. Temporal Databases. Deductive Databases. Mobile Databases.
High Performance Computer Architecture :
Basic Computer architecture. Performance Analysis, Fault Tolerance and Scalability. Modeling Performance. Pipelined Systems. Interconnection Networks. Processor Array. Multi-computers. Multiprocessors. Systolic Array. Vector Processors. Structured Memory Design for Parallel Systems – Symmetric Shared, Distributed Shared and Synchronization. Grid computing.
Software Engineering :
Personal Software Process. Team Software Process. Usability. Agile Methods. Process Models- Iterative, Scrum, XP, and Evo. Requirements Engineering. Advanced UML, Petri net. Domain specific modeling. Systems Modeling Language. Meta modeling. Software architecture and design patterns. Software metrics. Software reliability. Advanced testing techniques. Aspect oriented programming.
Computer Networks :
Seven Layer OSI Model. TCP/IP details. IPv6 Protocols and its Applications. Real Time Communication Protocols. High speed local and wide area networks. Virtual networks. Network security. Broadband networks. Introduction to intelligent networking. Performance analysis of networks.

good luck...
13th May 2010, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

please tell me the syllabus for Ph.d in IIt delhi for computer science & engineering department
13th May 2010, 06:33 PM
Senior Member+++

hello friend hope you get them from faiyaz sir
here you should mention that for which university you need .
15th May 2010, 11:56 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

hi friend,
the admission in phd is taken through the net exam as well as the exam conducted by the university......
so here please mention about which exam or university you want to know...
15th May 2010, 04:14 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

please specify the name of the college or the university for which you want the syllabus........

waiting for your reply
21st May 2010, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

Anna university
Ph.D Extrance question model
7th June 2010, 06:19 AM
Unregistered

HI, the information provided is very nice. Please give reference books. My ID is [email protected]

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrravi View Post
hi, dear friend
is like this way:

Linear Algebra: Matrix algebra; Systems of Linear Equations; Eigen Values and Eigenvectors.
Calculus: Functions of Single Variable; Limit, Continuity and Differentiability; Mean value Theorems; Evaluation of Definite and Improper Integrals; Partial derivatives, Total Derivative, Maxima and Minima, Gradient, Divergence and Curl, Vector Identities, Directional Derivatives, Line, Surface and Volume Integrals, Stokes, Gauss and Green’s Theorems.
Differential equations: First Order Equations (Linear and Nonlinear); Higher Order Linear Differential Equations with Constant Coefficients; Initial and Boundary Value Problems, Laplace and Fourier Transforms; Solutions of one Dimensional Diffusion and wave Equations and Laplace Equation.
Complex variables: Analytic Functions; Cauchy’s Integral Theorem; Taylor and Laurent Series; Residue Theorem.
Probability and Statistics: Definitions of Probability and Sampling Theorems; Conditional Probability; Mean, Median, Mode and Standard Deviation; Random Variables; Poisson, Normal and Binomial Distributions. Least Squares, Correlation and Regression and Covariance.
Numerical Methods: Numerical Solutions of Linear and Non-Linear Algebraic Equations; Finite Differences, Numerical Integration, Runga – Kutta Methods.

Data Structures :
Complexity of Algorithm. Algorithm Design Paradigms. Stack. Queues. Hash Table. Binary Search, AVL. Red-black. Splay. Skip. B-Trees. Skip-lists. Priority Queue. Graph: Shortest Path, MST, Depth-first and Breadth-first Algorithms. Advanced Sorting Methods. Multi-Dimensional, Kinetic Data Structures.
Algorithms :
Review of Set theory, Induction, Series Evaluation, and Algorithms. Algorithm Correctness and Efficiency. Growth of Functions. Amortized Analysis. Recurrences. Divide and Conquer. Backtracking. Dynamic Programming. Greedy Algorithm. Sorting. Search Pruning. Matrix Operations. String Matching. Computational Geometry. NP - Completeness. Heuristic Methods. Approximation Algorithm. Linear Programming.
Computation Theory :
Regular Languages and Finite Automata (Mealy, Moore, Hybrid FSM, Exposed FSM, Encapsulated FSM, Static State Instantiation FSM). Context free Languages and Pushdown Automata. Recursively Enumerable sets and Turing Machines. Undecidability.

Operating Systems :
Synchronization Mechanisms. Process Deadlocks. Resource Models. Local and Global states. Distributed Operating Systems. Event Ordering. Timestamps. Distributed Mutual Exclusion. Token and Non-token based Algorithms. Comparative Performance Analysis. Concurrency Control. Shared Memory. File Systems. Agreement Protocols for handling Processor Failures. Coordination of Processes and related Algorithms. Failure Handling and Recovery Mechanisms. Multiprocessor Operating Systems and related Thread Handlings.
Database Systems :
Review of Database Systems. Web-enabled Database Systems. Storage and File Structures. Indexing and Hashing. Concurrency. Recovery. Query Processing. Query Optimization. Object Oriented DBMS. Extended Relational Model. Spatial databases. Multimedia Databases. Distributed Databases. Active Databases. Temporal Databases. Deductive Databases. Mobile Databases.
Basic Computer architecture. Performance Analysis, Fault Tolerance and Scalability. Modeling Performance. Pipelined Systems. Interconnection Networks. Processor Array. Multi-computers. Multiprocessors. Systolic Array. Vector Processors. Structured Memory Design for Parallel Systems – Symmetric Shared, Distributed Shared and Synchronization. Grid computing.
Software Engineering :
Personal Software Process. Team Software Process. Usability. Agile Methods. Process Models- Iterative, Scrum, XP, and Evo. Requirements Engineering. Advanced UML, Petri net. Domain specific modeling. Systems Modeling Language. Meta modeling. Software architecture and design patterns. Software metrics. Software reliability. Advanced testing techniques. Aspect oriented programming.
Computer Networks :
Seven Layer OSI Model. TCP/IP details. IPv6 Protocols and its Applications. Real Time Communication Protocols. High speed local and wide area networks. Virtual networks. Network security. Broadband networks. Introduction to intelligent networking. Performance analysis of networks.

good luck...
27th June 2010, 04:44 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

The syllabus of PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering are availiable in the below attach files. So, please find the attach files and get the syllabus from there-
27th June 2010, 04:48 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

Sorry, i will post my answer again because i will not attach the syllabus and by mistake i will post my answer-

SYLLABUS-

The syllabus of P.hD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering are availiable in the below attach file. So, please find the attach files and get the syllabus from there-
31st July 2010, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Please inform me entrance exam syllabus for p.hd computer science in anna university coimbatore and where to get model question papers of past exams.
20th August 2010, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

hai swetha,
can anyone say me what is the syllabus for ph.d entrance exam for anna university.
20th September 2010, 11:57 PM
omsonie

Hi, this is my first message.
Which are the good reference books for study?
25th November 2010, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

can you upload phd entrance test syllabus of kuvempu university for computer science
18th December 2010, 08:55 AM
gansaab

Sir
Kindly let me know the Syllabus for PhD Entrance Examination for Computer science and Computer Applications in Anna University, Coimbatore .It will be much helpful for me if you forward one sample question and kindly help me with more inputs and some reference sites where i can get more input towards securing good marks in the same.The tentative exam falls on the 15th of January. Sir.
Regards
GANESH
29th January 2011, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

sir,
please let me know the latest syllabus for Phd Entrance Examination for computer science for delhi university and also please help me by forwading me the question paper of past ten years.

Please also let me know any other institute provide the Phd degree in delhi.
4th February 2011, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

i want only for COMPUTER SECURITY A PRIVACY syllabus for PHD plz help me
17th February 2011, 01:35 PM
malati_june21

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetriselvi View Post
please mention for which university you would prefer to have the syllabus so that i will be able to help you.
For Karnatak University
14th March 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
My email id is [email protected] can i have the syllabus for M-tech entrance test 201 in computer and engineering.? /if possible even the material if you have a soft copy. hank you.
22nd March 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

plz send me the syllabus and model paper for PhD entrance exam, Kariavattom University
13th April 2011, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintoo View Post
BBAu and lucknow university
18th April 2011, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

please send me the Ph.D written exam paper of iit Delhi
my [email protected]
18th April 2011, 01:21 PM
shekhar1605.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

please tell me the syllabus for Ph.d in IIt delhi for computer science & engineering department

My [email protected]
25th April 2011, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

please ! let me know the syllabus for Ph.D entrance exam in computer science and engineering in AnnaUniversity......
11th May 2011, 07:28 AM
Unregistered

i am msc (IT) graduate in 2006.now i wish to study phd in ComputerScience (distance education).give me information about which university provide distance education in Phd ComputerScience.Its syllabus.fee structure and every thing about it.about the entrance exam.if so give me a soft copy of study material

my id [email protected]
15th May 2011, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

dear sir, i don't know the PhD computer science & engineering syllabus. please give me the syllabus
my mail id : [email protected]

Thank you
15th May 2011, 10:50 PM
kkanika_14

Lightbulb Re: Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Computer Science and Engineering?

Details of each and every topic is given in the attached file.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ph.D%20Admission%20Test%20Syllabi%20-%20CSE.pdf(42.4 KB, 388 views)
27th May 2011, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

What is the syllabus for Ph.D(Electrical Engineering) in IIT?
30th May 2011, 01:00 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Hi dear,
is like this way:

Data Structures :
Algorithms :
Computation Theory :

Operating Systems :
Database Systems :
Software Engineering :
Computer Networks :

Thanks
2nd June 2011, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am applying for PhD in Shivaji University, Kolhapur. Do u have papers of PhD Computer Science Entrance exam of Shivaji University?If u have plz send me a softcopy on [email protected].
24th June 2011, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

i am arun kumar , i want to do phd in computer application , could you please send me the reference book name ,or good url to study for the entrance exam
my e mail id : [email protected]
26th June 2011, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Hi
please give me the exact syllabus for phd entrance exam in computer science in anna university Chennai.

Mail id: [email protected]
30th June 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

Syllabus for PhD Entrace Exam in Electronics and communication engineering for Anna university of technology?
11th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuja View Post
U have specified the dat of exam but for which university u want to know not specified plz specify that so it would be easy to answer
[email protected]
13th July 2011, 12:20 PM
Unregistered

could any one please give me the Phd ComputerScience Syllabus,eligibility,oppertunities and duration in Sri Venkateshwara University Tirupati.
30th July 2011, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
[email protected]
8th August 2011, 01:19 PM
kothapalli soumya

Quote:
Please send me the links or pdf releated to phd entrance exams, i want to do phd in datamining.
20th September 2011, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

syllabus of phd entrance exam in computer science of ignou?
6th October 2011, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

pls give me the syllabus for phd entrance exam in power electronics at anna university
20th October 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintoo View Post
i wana ph.d from PTU jalandhar...plz send me the syllabus for phd enetrace in cse.My email id is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?