6th May 2010, 02:12 PM
sandhya g

Thapar University, Patiala admission through AIEEE for Outside Students in General Category?

hi, m frm delhi,general categry?? will m gettng arnd 120-130 in aieee..is der ny chnces of me gettng into thpar university ,patiala. since d seats for genral cetgry for outside stdnt is just 350!!

6th May 2010, 03:05 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Thapar University, Patiala admission through AIEEE for Outside Students in General Category?

Sorry Sandhya with 120 to 130 you cant expect a seat in thapar. For thapar you score should be above 200 which is in top 10,000 . But never mind try again hard next year. You can definitely try for AIEEE next year

Its not tough to crack AIEEE. But you should study for 3 to 4 hours minimum for AIEEE. The competition is fierce but dont think about 10 Lakh students who answer AIEEE but think that you just have to grab 1 seat not all. So be the one and study hard

Cheers
6th May 2010, 06:26 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Thapar University, Patiala admission through AIEEE for Outside Students in General Category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhya g View Post
hi, m frm delhi,general categry?? will m gettng arnd 120-130 in aieee..is der ny chnces of me gettng into thpar university ,patiala. since d seats for genral cetgry for outside stdnt is just 350!!
Hi
Thapar university have very high standard of rank and with 120-130 no one can get admission in this university.So better luck next time.
Good luck
6th May 2010, 08:29 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
12-130 marks in AIEEE can not get you a seat in BE courses at Thapar University.You must get rank within 12,000 for getting there, and 120-130 is not enough for getting that rank in AIEEE 2010.

Application and prospectus for admission 2010 are available on university website- http://thapar.edufrom 15,April.

You can also get prospectus against cash payment of rs.1250/- at university office or by sending a DD of 1300/- in favour of Thapar university,Patiala payable at Patiala.

You have to score at least 20% in that entrance for gtting in.

Best of Luck

Last edited by faiyaz; 24th June 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Correction
6th May 2010, 10:31 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

dear friend for getting into the universities above you have scored pretty welll you may get into those volleges if through aieee or throgh the state cet surely.
6th May 2010, 10:38 PM
Monika Bansal

Quote:

Hello

As i understood you are trying to get admission in Thapar university but as per my knowledge why are you thinking so.Because as you belongs from delhi,you should try in Delhi University.For taking admission in this university,If you have to drop your 1 year you have to do the same.but try only the Delhi university..This is my only advice to you.
8th May 2010, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i m expecting 120 marks in aieee in general category.is there any chance of admission?
12th May 2010, 08:00 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m expecting 120 marks in aieee in general category.is there any chance of admission?
You have scored 120 in AIEEE 2010, so your probable rank will be within 35,000 and this score is good enough for getting admission into some good private institute across India.

Yeah you can find admission in any Private institutes in India.

For example- ICFAI Institute of Technology, Amrite University, AIMS, Apejeey Group of Institutions etc.

Best of Luck
12th May 2010, 08:22 PM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
if your rank is under 10000-12000 then only you can get admissin in it either you are outsider
15th May 2010, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

without aieee there is no chance to get admission on thapar uni. is there os no paid seats avalable
18th May 2010, 05:29 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
without aieee there is no chance to get admission on thapar uni. is there os no paid seats avalable

Yeah there are few seats available for Admission through Management Quota.

But for getting into Thapar University through Management Quota, there are two mandatory facts.

1) Candidates must have appeared for AIEEE or Entrance conducted by university itself.

2) Candidates must have filled the Online Admission form available at http://www.thapar.edu/

Admission to Management Quota is not an easy task, you must consult some good and Genuine Consultancy for admission. You must be financially strong also.

Best of luck
18th May 2010, 08:45 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend since the seats are very limited for putside students, so you have to be a good rank holder in AIEEE, but according to your probable marks you will get appx 11000 rank according to previous year AIEEE score. & it is difficult to admission in Thapar university, but you should attend your central counselling & see which college is better for you according to your rank.
All the best.
18th May 2010, 09:31 PM
phuchi

dear friend
it is good marks but you your rank will be near about 35000
and to get admission your rank must be under 10000
it is one of the best college of india
all the best
19th May 2010, 01:33 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello Friend
You are not eligible for the Thaper Institute Of Technolog.
Your marks are not sufficient to get admitted in the Thaper Institute Of Technolog.
Try it once again to do ti.
All the best.
20th May 2010, 08:04 AM
sg3125
Banned

The score needs more than 45% of the total score.thapar university takes near about that numbers.reservations are there for outside students too.T ry luck.
20th May 2010, 08:09 AM
sg3125
Banned

The score needs more than 45% of the total score.thapar university takes near about that numbers.reservations are there for outside students too.Try luck.
22nd May 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

weather freedom fighter coata seata are in thapar engeeniring collage
24th May 2010, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

sir i m expecting 155 marks in aieee and i m from punjab.sir, is there is any chance to get admission in thapar institue,patiala with these marks
26th May 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

i m getting 150 marks in aieee 2010 can i get admission in thapar university in industrial @mba stream
27th May 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

what is the donation in thappar for ug prog
1st June 2010, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

I have seured 17500 AIEEE rank in out of state can I elgible for admission in Thapar
3rd June 2010, 02:09 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

For thapar you must get a rank in top 10,000 since its a real good college and most of the students opt for it. So dont worry if you dont get thapar you will surely get any NIT but you will need to compromise with your branch
3rd June 2010, 01:13 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Scoring 150 or 155 is not the factore for getting into Thapar University, the thing that matters is your AIEEE AIR. If someone remains in 12,000 AIR of AIEEE, then he/she can expect to get into Thapar University.

Besides these I dont think there is any way, infact Management Quota will not work there.

Last edited by faiyaz; 24th June 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Correction
3rd June 2010, 02:11 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i m getting 150 marks in aieee 2010 can i get admission in thapar university in industrial @mba stream
150 is too less for Thapar. For Thapar you have to be in top 10,000 otherwise all the seats are taken by the top candidates
3rd June 2010, 03:25 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

hello sandya ,

i think you won't be able to get a seat in thapar university since its aorund 12000 cutoff rank .
3rd June 2010, 03:27 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

so u can look for any other collge .
for more you can also contact its official web.

i can provide u the link ...

best of luck ...
3rd June 2010, 03:28 PM
garg.satish0
Senior Member++++

the web is ...

www.thapar.edu

best of luck....!!!

||satish||
4th June 2010, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

My AIR in aieee is 28826 & state rank is 3212. I am from U.P. Is there is any chance of getting thaper . If not then tell me which college i can get.
5th June 2010, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

My AIR in aieee is 91662 & state rank is 3376 in general category.I am from punjab.can i get admission in thaper?
6th June 2010, 07:38 PM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Quote:
My AIR in aieee is 91662 & state rank is 3376 in general category.I am from punjab.can i get admission in thaper?
Sorry Thapar is out of your reach bro. For thapar a good rank in top 20000 minimum is required.

But dont worry apply in some other colleges which consider AIEEE marks like PDPU,Motilal,DA IICT etc
6th June 2010, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

sir my all india rank is 78466 general category can i get addmission rahul goel
7th June 2010, 12:21 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Talking Re: Thapar University, Patiala admission through AIEEE for Outside Students in General Category?

Quote:
sorry but with 120-130 marks you can not get a seat in thapar university. as it is a very well known and well recognised university they are also maintainig a good standard. so to get into it you should have a minimum marks of 200 in aieee. so better luck next time.
all the best
7th June 2010, 01:16 AM
sanket mathur

Sorry you can't get admission in thapar university with this marks.
try in any other collage.
12th June 2010, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

i got 47206 rank in aieee...what are my chances in thapar university??
if not suggest some other colleges.
14th June 2010, 04:59 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
i got 47206 rank in aieee...what are my chances in thapar university??
if not suggest some other colleges.

No, impossible !

However, you can expect some Good Private and Deemed Institutes like-

KIIT University

ICFAI Institute of Technology

Amity University

Jaipuria Engineering College

Apeejey Group

And many more...........
14th June 2010, 09:32 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

yes the thapar university can be admission on the basis of aieee rank up to 10000 all india rank only.
16th June 2010, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

sir,
my aieee chandigarh state rank is
234 and AIR is 13800 general
cetegory . can i get civil engg
in thapar.
regards,
karan

rete
ree344
16th June 2010, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

can i get thapar coe at 11775 rank?
16th June 2010, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

hi my is ashu giri , my AIEEE marks is 165 May i get admission
19th June 2010, 12:02 AM
Unregistered

can i get admission through donation in Thapar University
23rd June 2010, 01:45 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
Scoring 150 or 155 is not the factore for getting into Thapar University, the thing that matters is your AIEEE AIR. Ih someone remains in 12,000 AIR of AIEEE, then he/she can expect to get into Thapar University.

Otherwise if any candidate those who have appear for Thapar Entrance exam and have scored at least 20% in it and has 60% in PCM can fetch a seat into Thapar.

Besides these I dont think there is any way, infact Management Quota will not work there.
What Thapar Entrance Exam are you talking about, there isnt any exam conducted by thapar as such. Your information is not only baseless but outrightly wrong. Dont mislead janta for your vested interests.
24th June 2010, 05:40 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz
Scoring 150 or 155 is not the factore for getting into Thapar University, the thing that matters is your AIEEE AIR. Ih someone remains in 12,000 AIR of AIEEE, then he/she can expect to get into Thapar University.

Otherwise if any candidate those who have appear for Thapar Entrance exam and have scored at least 20% in it and has 60% in PCM can fetch a seat into Thapar.

What Thapar Entrance Exam are you talking about, there isnt any exam conducted by thapar as such. Your information is not only baseless but outrightly wrong. Dont mislead janta for your vested interests.

I am Really very Sorry.......!

There was some misconception, among Admission criteria of Thapar University.

I get confused regrading LEET which are meant for Lateral Entry.

And also would like to Thanks you all who Object so that I can Edit my Posts and mistake.

Thanking You
~Faiyaz~

Last edited by faiyaz; 24th June 2010 at 05:47 PM.
25th June 2010, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

my aieee rank is more than a Lakh.Can i get a seat in thapar university by management and reservation quota and amount to be donated.I have filled form too.I got 87% in twelth.
19th July 2010, 05:12 AM
Unregistered

is there really any management quota at thapar??
i have seen it in various posts that management seats at thapar are available but on their site they claim to have none. i really want a seat in thapar. please help!
also how to get it?
thanks
20th July 2010, 11:59 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
is there really any management quota at thapar??
i have seen it in various posts that management seats at thapar are available but on their site they claim to have none. i really want a seat in thapar. please help!
also how to get it?
thanks

Well, Thapar University is a Deemed one but we can not forget that it is a private one also.

And HRD Ministry or Government has given the power to every Affiliated and recognised Institute to reserve there 10% seats for conducting admission throug there will or requirements, which is known as "Managment Quota" And Thapar also have 10% seats available in its all UG & PG courses.

But it has not to be forgotten that Thapar being a Pretigious University will provide MAnagement seats to desrving or good csndidates which will fit in there criterias.

And you will never find Any information regarding Management Quota in the website of any good private institute. These are kept confidencial in order to avoid frauds or any other discripency.

NOTE: Management seats will be provided to only those who have some good AIEEE score and also have fill up the Online Admission form at Thapar official Website.

And it has also be not to forgotten that It will be very Expensive.

For Admission there are various consultncies, but difficult to trust them so you can direct contact the Admission Department or the Head of Instution.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
20th July 2010, 02:07 PM
prd

Exclamation Re: Thapar University, Patiala admission through AIEEE for Outside Students in General Category?

Respected User, I just want to request you to let me also know about this,whenever you get to know it. Thanking you, Yours truely PRD
20th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

donation in thapar
21st August 2010, 04:50 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

hi..........
yes ucan go through AIEEE in any coolege as there is 10% reserve seats for aAIEEE
21st August 2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Member+++

there is no DONATION criteria
but you can take up admission in Thappar university on the basis of managemnt seats .
3rd January 2011, 07:45 PM
Unregistered

I WANNA KNOW WHETHER THERE IS ANY TEST BY PVT.COLLEGES LIK THAPAR AFTR AIEEE???????????????..............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?