24th May 2020, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Are there any courses available at Graduate level for Genetic Engineering?

Hi, I have completed my 12th Board exams and looking for Graduate level courses in Genetic Engineering. Could anybody please guide me in this and update me about from where and how to get admission?

26th May 2020, 05:59 PM
Padmashree K S

Default Re: Are there any courses available at Graduate level for Genetic Engineering?

You can opt for B.Sc in Biotechnology or B.Tech. in Biotechnology or Genetic Engineering. The B.Sc is good if you are interested in doing Research work later where you can do MSc in phD later. However B.Tech is more application level and there more you will be learning about instrumentation and not on basics of Lifescience.

The Best colleges offering B.Sc in Biotechnology course: JSS College Mysore, SDM College Ujire, St. Aloysius college Mangalore
27th May 2020, 03:36 PM
Swetamishrraa

Default Re: Are there any courses available at Graduate level for Genetic Engineering?

Hi dear
There are different courses available at graduation level for genetics like:-

1.Bachelor of Science in Genetics (B.Sc. (Genetics))
2.Bachelor of Science Honors in Genetics (B.Sc (Hons.) Genetics)
3.Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Genetics, Microbiology & Chemistry
4.Bachelor of Engineering in Genetic Engineering
5.Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Genetic Engineering
6.B.Sc in Genetic Engineering
27th May 2020, 05:44 PM
lissymariam

Post Re: Are there any courses available at Graduate level for Genetic Engineering?

A genetic engineer starts by earning a bachelor's degree, typically in a branch of the physical sciences, such as biology or chemistry.

in Genetic Engineering, for admission to B. Tech. Genetic Engineering course, the candidate is needed to have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a recognized Board of education with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with a minimum aggregate score of 60%.

For genetic engineering, you can go to Indian Institute of Technology in Kharagpur, Bangalore, Madras, Delhi etc.

Course curriculams are Immunology, Microbiology, genetics and cytogenetics etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?