30th January 2018, 02:39 PM
monisha perumal

Is there any dress code for attending the GATE exam? Will I be allowed inside the examination hall if I wear a saree?

GATE exam will be conducted on 3rd Feb'18. I have to attend a family function also on same day in which I have to wear a saree. So, I was thinking after given exam I will directly go to attend the function. However, one my friend told that saree is not allowed in GATE examination hall. Is is true? Is there any dress code for attending the GATE exam?

27th February 2018, 12:10 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any dress code for attending the GATE exam? Will I be allowed inside the examination hall if I wear a saree?

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and conducted for admission in the M.Tech course as well as for recruitment in PSU's.

There is no dress code to appear for the examination. So, you can wear any dress as per your comforts.

GATE is conducted in online mode.
27th February 2018, 09:19 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any dress code for attending the GATE exam? Will I be allowed inside the examination hall if I wear a saree?

There is no dress code for GATE entrance examination.

So, candidates are free to dress of their choice. The examination is conducted online.

All the Do's and Dont's are available on the official website or with admit card.

The entrance examination is conducted for admission in M.Tech course and for recruitment in jobs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?