18th October 2019, 08:11 PM
Arvind007@

Is there any percentage relaxation for SC candidates for B.Ed from IGNOU?

I have got 42% in BA. Can I get admission in B.Ed? I am from Schedule Caste category. So, is there any percentage relaxation for SC candidates in B.Ed from IGNOU?

31st October 2019, 02:42 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is there any percentage relaxation for SC candidates for B.Ed from IGNOU?

To pursue B.Ed (Bachelor of Education) degree course from IGNOU, the minimum education required is a bachelor's degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized university. In case of students having pursued B.E./B.Tech degree, the minimum marks required in degree course is 55%. Further, there is provision of marks relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks required to pursue B.Ed. degree course from IGNOU in case of candidates from SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PWD category.

So, having completed your Bachelor of Arts degree course with just 42% marks, you are not eligible for pursuing B.Ed. degree course from IGNOU.

For details regarding IGNOU B.Ed. admissions, you can refer to the link http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...es/detail/90/2.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?