4th January 2011, 06:41 PM
karan jajodia

Tips on how to prepare for XAT entrance exam?

how to prepare for XAT entrance exam? Please provide me the necessary tips

Thanks

7th January 2011, 12:06 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips on how to prepare for XAT entrance exam?

The structure for the XAT entrance exam is similar to that to the other MBA entrance exams. You need to cover all the basics in various areas like Logical Reasoning, Verbal Ability and Data Interpretation. There is also questions in area like Quantitative Method, General Knowledge. Make a list of the topics. Cover them step by step. You also need to solve as many papers as possible.
4th February 2011, 12:09 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If You Are Interested to Prepare for XAT Entrance Exams, Then I will Suggest You Just Study According to the Syllabus And Pattern of the XAT Exams. This Exams Is Exactly Same As Other MBA Entrance Exams.

So, I will Suggest You Just Join Some Good Coaching Center, If You Really want To Crack This Entrance Exams, You Need Lots of Practice To Crack This Entrance exams.

And Please Purchase Some Previous Year Papers form The Market OR from The Internet and Keep Practice The Previous Year papers Regularly, It Will helps You To Score Good Marks In That Exams, So, This Exams Was Not Easy, You Need Lots of Practice And Hard Work.

And when You Complete Your Syllabus of XAT Exams, then Please Go to The Online Mock Test, From there You will Judge Yourself, Is Your Perperation Was Good Or Not.

Exams Pattern -

Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning

Data Interpretation And Quantitative Ability

Analytical reasoning And Decesion Making.
4th February 2011, 09:42 AM
xavi

freind hi,

--XAT entrance is some what similar to MBA entrace examination
--Just Join Some Good Coaching Center, If You Really want To Crack This Entrance Exams, You Need Lots of Practice To Crack This Entrance exams.
-- Please Purchase Some Previous Year Papers form The Market OR from The Internet and Keep Practice The Previous Year papers Regularly, It Will helps You To Score Good Marks In That Exams, So, This Exams Was Not Easy, You Need Lots of Practice And Hard Work.
--Exams Pattern -
-Verbal Ability And Logical Reasoning
-Data Interpretation And Quantitative Ability
-Analytical reasoning And Decesion Making.
-- when You Complete Your Syllabus of XAT Exams, then Please Go to The Online Mock Test.

all the best
4th February 2011, 05:24 PM
SupritShestha

hi friend!

good to know that you want to write XAT...that means you plan to do MBA...wow!!
for that friend you need to know in detail the exam pattern and sylabus and also which book to refer into...
so i have search some useful information for you regarding the XAT examand attached here and am sure you will be benifited...If you prepare well for XAT you can also wite exams like CAT and GMAT...

i wish you all the best...
warm regards
Attached Files
File Type: docx XAT 2011 PREPARATION TIPS.docx(15.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: pdf XAT - QA- 2005.pdf(128.9 KB, 109 views)
File Type: pdf XAT.pdf(78.4 KB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf XAT2009_QuestionPaper_With_Answer_Key.pdf(358.0 KB, 129 views)
17th April 2011, 12:40 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
XAT – Test Pattern

XAT is an objective type test of two and half hours duration. There will be 4 choices out of which one choice is to be selected for correct answer. The total number of questions in XAT is 200 with 3 sections. 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer and – 1/3 will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Section 1: Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability questions.

Section 2: Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Data Interpretation questions and the

Section 3: General Awareness Questions.

Note: In the last 20 minutes, you are expected to write a 250-300 word essay with topics ranging from those of social relevance to propositions to abstract.

XAT online Test Series

100Percentile provides students the most comprehensive resources to help prepare for the XAT entrance test. Its online courses provide aspirants the opportunity to practice carefully crafted online tests from the convenience of his/her home. The courses have been designed and developed by experts from PT Education – the leader in MBA test preparations. 100Percentile’s Test series for “XAT 2009” has been included under “Allied A section” and this test series starts from November’08.

Apart from XAT online test series, 100Percentile also provides courses for other leading MBA entrance tests viz. CAT, MAT, SNAP, JMET, FMS etc. 100Percentile’s MBA website is also useful for MBA aspirants as it provides daily updates on General Awareness and Current Affairs. Other sections on the website viz. “Financial Terms” and “Verbosity” would help you improve your vocabulary and knowledge in business and finance. Just navigate through the site and see how it is interesting and useful.

For more details you can visit the following official site-

http://www.100percentile.com/mba/home.jsp

Thanks.
18th April 2011, 03:26 PM
suraj2157

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan jajodia View Post
how to prepare for XAT entrance exam? Please provide me the necessary tips

Thanks
xat is one of the toughest exam is INDIA.
and if you saw the 2011 paper than its broke all the tough exam recor.
i am not discouraging you but tell you the truth.
so prepare hard and cove you all the concept.
and don't depend on 1 exam only there are few very good exam as well so give this exam also.
all the best
28th July 2011, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

Hi!! all,

My query is that i have heard in xat qa and lr are bit different.Is it true? if yes then please describe it.
Also neede to know that how should i prepare for general awareness section??
6th November 2012, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

wat do u mean by it is tough and hard??i feel afraid wen ppl say this..hw shld i prepare for the xam??pls suggest..
6th November 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

pls suggest me hw to prepare..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?