7th August 2013, 06:20 PM
sivam94

Tips to prepare for IAS, IAS and IPS?

sir,
i am final year of graduation
sub hindi eng economics
kindly advice. preaparation tips for ias ips pcs.

30th March 2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Tips to prepare for IAS, IAS and IPS?

I am 12th class pass student But i do not understand that how to pretaion ias pcs plzz some information for ias nd pcs
30th March 2015, 06:59 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivam94 View Post
sir,
sub hindi eng economics
Tips to prepare for IAS, IAS and IPS:-

Make use of all the possible time at hand:

Study according to the pattern of exam and be selective:

Do regular study:

Choose subjects carefully:

Stay update with General Knowledge:

Prepare personal notes:

Sample test papers previous year question papers:

Have a will to do it:

Don’t leave the job; it’s a blessing in disguise:
30th March 2015, 10:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivam94 View Post
sir,
sub hindi eng economics
Civil Services examination is one of the toughest examination of India. Let me tell you that for just 1000 vacancies almost 10 lacs candidates apply.

But nothing is impossible to achieve in this world if you have strong determination, dedication and devotion towards your goal. The only thing that can stop you from getting success is you.

Here is some of the important suggestions to start preparing for the exam:

1. Start with the NCERT books of social studies and science from Class 6th to 12th as these books serve as fundamentals for preparation.

You must read these books and build strong command and make good concepts of each and every topic.

2. Try to make a habit of reading newspaper " The Hindu" within 90 minutes. Initially it will take time but once you start reading daily, you can finish it in time.

Focus on editorial section and make proper notes of articles as sometimes direct questions are asked in the exam from these articles.

3. Practice aptitude problems, work on English Grammar, vocabulary as these areas are necessary to crack Civil Services Aptitude Test.

4. Refer to these websites www.gktoday.in, www.mrunal.org. These two sites are good for current affairs.

5. Practice Previous years papers once you finish your preparation.

For any more details, visit www.upsc.gov.in

It is possible to clear all the three stages with self study but if you feel you cannot do by self preparation, do not hesitate in joining coaching institutes.
31st March 2015, 12:11 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Please note that

# I appreciate your concern regarding better preparation of Civil Service Examination.

# It is not an easy job to crack the civil service examination.

# Only the proper planning, strategy, severe hard-work, quality study material, self-determination and cooperation of teachers/parents/friends will surely ensure the success of candidate in the examination.

# First step in the preparation of examination is to collect the quality study material. You may collect some books from market, college notes, notes of coaching classes etc.

# You have to make short deadlines for each and every chapter of every subjects separately. Try to achieve it timely.

# Make the provisions of revising the syllabus daily basis, weekly basis and monthly basis.

# In order to consolidate the basic concepts in General Studies, it is better to study the NCERT Books of 6th standard to 12th standard.

# In order to perform well in current affairs & general studies study material, please read

* Competition Success Review (weekly newspaper)
* Pratiyogita Darpan (weekly newspaper)
* Any national level newspaper
31st March 2015, 10:51 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

I.A.S. is a civil service exam which is held every year by union public service commission of India and only the graduate candidates and appearing final semester of graduation can apply for exam.

For the preparation of I.A.S. you should be aware of it in starting if you are going to prepare yourself for this exam you have to choose the subjects in which you are most interested in graduation and select a main subject make clear basics of it to make better grip on this subject and also choose it as a main subject in I.A.S. exam also.

You have to regularly read the magazines that are related to Civil service exam and there articles that are posted for you like (Pratiyogita darpan).

You should solve the last ten years question papers of the I.A.S. exam and check that what is the matter changing every year and what can be your strength in the exam according to your interest.

You can also join any coaching classes for I.A.S. preparation for it Chanakya institute in Delhi and Chandigarh is giving best classes and also some other institutes are there gives the coaching for this.

Always be in concern with the person who is preparing for the I.A.S. exam near to you or any person going for the classes for I.A.S. and one more thing as you are in graduation you can also join the weekly classes in Delhi on Saturday and Sunday for I.A.S. that will also be suitable to you.
14th November 2016, 07:09 AM
Unregistered

I want to become an IPS officer,but I feel very weak because my math and English is very weak,I want to know that which subject is important in IPS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?